PDA

View Full Version : Why the NFL Lockout Should Make You Madder Than Hell

vader29
05-20-2011, 11:54 AM
It's time for the Rooneys to talk some sense into their fellow owners.

BY SEAN CONBOY

Thanks to Jerry Jones and Robert Kraft’s roving gang of scallywags, our worst fears are starting to come to fruition with every passing day.

In a mere 11 weeks, the Steelers are supposed to descend on the Gaelic green hills of St. Vincent College in Latrobe and cram themselves into the tiny dormitories just like their ancestors—Lambert, Greene, Ham and company. For die-hards, Latrobe is mecca. It’s the place they first got to witness Mike Wallace’s scintillating speed, Lawrence Timmons’ tantalizing open field tackles and Troy Polamalu going up-up-and-away over the dog-pile during a goal line stand.

Read more: http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Best-of-the-Burgh-Blogs/Pulling-No-Punches/May-2011/Why-the-NFL-Lockout-Should-Make-You-Madden-Than-Hell/

fansince'76
05-20-2011, 11:57 AM
Nope, I'd have to care to be mad. I'm to the point of really not caring at this point. Myself and many others pretty much called this back in 2008 when the owners initially opted out of the CBA. Both sides are at fault, and frankly I hope they both lose their asses financially.

X-Terminator
05-20-2011, 12:11 PM
Nope, I'd have to care to be mad. I'm to the point of really not caring at this point. Myself and many others pretty much called this back in 2008 when the owners initially opted out of the CBA. Both sides are at fault, and frankly I hope they both lose their asses financially.

Exactly. Apathy is far more damaging to the league than anger. I won't speak for other fans, but I'm willing to bet that most of them don't care enough to get mad either. Even if they do ultimately get a deal done, my passion is pretty much gone.

Butch
05-20-2011, 01:33 PM

Wow totally agree with ya' Indifference is the way to go. Look at it like this if you hate something (say cowboys football) you're still gonna watch hoping that they lose the game, but if you are indifferent you don't give a crap and you damn sure aint gonnna watch.

Here's to the Indifference in 2K11

NJarhead
05-20-2011, 01:52 PM
That article was FANTSTIC! I love his writing style and sarcasm. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

suitanim
05-20-2011, 03:47 PM
When the NBA did this, I stopped watching for YEARS. Only when LBJ was drafted did I watch more than 15 seconds of a game. I started getting more into NASCAR, instead, and I'm sure there are plenty of other things that I can do with my Fall Sunday afternoons if these twits can't get their collective acts together...

SMR
05-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Wow totally agree with ya' Indifference is the way to go. Look at it like this if you hate something (say cowboys football) you're still gonna watch hoping that they lose the game, but if you are indifferent you don't give a crap and you damn sure aint gonnna watch.

Here's to the Indifference in 2K11

Ya hit the nail on the head. I ditto that pal!

:drink:

crcsnail
05-20-2011, 05:18 PM
that was a great read .thx for sharing :)

silver & black
05-20-2011, 06:29 PM
I couldn't be more apathetic if I tried.

zulater
05-20-2011, 06:57 PM
I don't know why everyone takes it so personally, it's just the business of doing business. And as all things a good clip from The Godfather helps put things in perspective.

http://www.hark.com/clips/vsgfvbddcp-how-bad-do-you-think-it-will-be

Mike: How bad do you think it will be?
Clemenza: Pretty god damn bad. The other families will line up against us. These things got to happen every five years. It helps to get rid of the bad blood. It's been 10 years since the last one