PDA

View Full Version : Cook: Goodell offers propaganda instead of honest answers

stillers4me
05-20-2011, 05:15 AM
The NFL owners are doing it for you. The lockout of their players? The fight over more than $9 billion in annual revenues? The threat of no professional football in the fall? It's all for you.

So says NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

"We can't continue to have the rising costs of operating the league and shifting it to our fans."

Please.

Like the owners will order an immediate 10 percent decrease in ticket prices once they get a new, favorable (for them) collective bargaining agreement with the players and promise not to raise those ticket prices for five years.

Sure, they will.............

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11140/1147887-87-0.stm

Texasteel
05-20-2011, 06:18 AM
I don't think anyone thought that this would be any more than the dog and pony show it was. Goodell couldn't give a straight answer if the question was " what time is it." These guys obviously have a very low opinion of the fans intelligence.

I would be interested is seeing how the comish is being compensated for these field trips.

Hotel room $47500
Travel $52675
Meals $48900
Misc. $100227

You know a dollar only go's so far these day.

fansince'76
05-20-2011, 08:50 AM
Cook: Goodell offers propaganda instead of honest answers

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

salamander
05-20-2011, 09:29 AM
OMG WHAT A SURPRISE!!!!!!

:doh:

X-Terminator
05-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Seriously, Cook actually gets paid to write this stuff? I think everyone and their brother knows that Der Kommissar is full of shit - we didn't need him to tell us that. :doh2:

SMR
05-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Seriously, Cook actually gets paid to write this stuff? I think everyone and their brother knows that Der Kommissar is full of shit - we didn't need him to tell us that. :doh2:

Lol, so true.

So...media, anything new (NEWSWORTHY)? Nevermind media, you suck anyway. Sigh...

ALLD
05-20-2011, 06:18 PM
It would be interesting to see how much Goodell is despised compared to:

1. Osmam Bin Laden (dead)
2. O.J. Simpson
3. Ghadaffi
4. The guy in Iran with all the syllables in his name.
5. Charlie Sheen
6. Howard Stern
7. Arnold Schwarzenegger

tube517
05-20-2011, 09:04 PM
:zzz:

steel striker
05-20-2011, 10:45 PM
The bigger issue is getting that worthless POS out of office. We have all said it over and over Goodell is the worst comish in sports history!!

JayC
05-21-2011, 09:22 AM
i can't stand this stiff! how stupid does he think the rest of us are??

LLT
05-21-2011, 09:33 AM
I was seriously disgusted with Goodells asking for a moment of silence for the victims of the tornados on day one of the draft....then bringing out our Armed Forces heros on the second day.

Both were done in an orchestrated (and successful) effort to stop the anticipated boos and cat calls. The unbelievable manipulation of personal tragedy and the minimalization of our soldiers sacrifice makes Goodell a jerk of the highest caliber.

stillers4me
05-21-2011, 09:37 AM
I was seriously disgusted with Goodells asking for a moment of silence for the victims of the tornados on day one of the draft....then bringing out our Armed Forces heros on the second day.

Both were done in an orchestrated (and successful) effort to stop the anticipated boos and cat calls. The unbelievable manipulation of personal tragedy and the minimalization of our soldiers sacrifice makes Goodell a jerk of the highest caliber.

Great points, LLT! I'm soooo sick of Goodell telling us that all this is for the fans. He doesn't even listen to the fans. :upyours:

LLT
05-21-2011, 09:57 AM
Great points, LLT! I'm soooo sick of Goodell telling us that all this is for the fans. He doesn't even listen to the fans. :upyours:

He is in the back pocket of 5 of the NFL owners.....effectively making him useless as the commisioner.

He is appointed by the owners...but the job of the commisioner has always been to act in the best interset of the NFL. That can only be done by representing all the owners...the players...and the fans.

ALLD
05-21-2011, 02:20 PM
He is in the back pocket of 5 of the NFL owners.....effectively making him useless as the commisioner.

He is appointed by the owners...but the job of the commisioner has always been to act in the best interset of the NFL. That can only be done by representing all the owners...the players...and the fans.

+10 That pretty much separates the symptoms and identifies the problem

SMR
05-21-2011, 03:43 PM

http://i54.tinypic.com/skzuk4.jpg