PDA

View Full Version : LaMarr Woodley: “Every year we seem to prove everybody wrong and be a contender"

stillers4me
05-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Woodley joined 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh to talk about how the lockout has affected him personally, if he feels like he’ll be at a disadvantage from not having worked out in a group with his teammates this offseason, how long it took him to get over the Super Bowl loss to Green Bay, what game outside of the Super Bowl was most memorable for him last year, if he was at all affected mentally last season by not being re-signed by the Steelers to a long-term deal, reaching out to rookie defensive lineman Cameron Heyward, how he thinks the defense can still help the Steelers get back to the SB despite everyone thinking it’s too old, and how he’s going to try to make it out to LA next week to support Hines Ward in the final of Dancing With The Stars.

On how the lockout has affected him personally:
“I’ve just been doing what I do every year and that’s just staying in shape. A lot of people are so concerned about the Lockout right now, but we’re locked out during the season. Usually right now, we’d probably be in OTAs which is non-contact practice with helmets on, but every guys is just doing what he’s supposed to do to stay in shape even though we don’t have OTAs.”

If he feels like he’ll be at a disadvantage from not having worked out in a group with his teammates this offseason:..............

Read more @ http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2011/05/19/woodley-steelers-nfl-lockout-best-linebackers-free-agency-franchise-tag/

Dino 6 Rings
05-20-2011, 10:36 AM
every year as a Steelers fan I go into the Season believing we Are A Contender. You only prove me Wrong when you Don't Make the Playoffs.

SMR
05-20-2011, 04:46 PM
every year as a Steelers fan I go into the Season believing we Are A Contender. You only prove me Wrong when you Don't Make the Playoffs.

Winner winner, free chicken dinner!

Merchant
05-20-2011, 05:03 PM
Is Ward going to get any flack from his teammates for the whole DWTS ordeal:

“Oh no. I tell you one thing, he looks better than Ochocinco out there. So that’s another beating we gave the Cincinnati Bengals having Hines Ward outperform him.”

^^^CLASSIC.

Sundance Kid
05-21-2011, 01:50 AM
We seem to do better when everyone doubts us.