PDA

View Full Version : Taylor to Polamalu: Come to Orlando

stillers4me
05-19-2011, 04:52 PM
If Steelers safety Troy Polamalu doesn’t switch coasts in the coming weeks it won’t stem from a lack of lobbying on Ike Taylor’s behalf.

The veteran cornerback has been trying to persuade Polamalu to join him and a handful of other Steelers at Tom Shaw Performance Camp in Orlando with the NFL lockout threatening to wipe out all offseason workouts and practices at team facilities.

Taylor, linebacker James Farrior and cornerbacks William Gay and Bryant McFadden are among the Steelers that are training with Shaw at Disney’s Wide World of Sports complex or have spent time there this offseason.

What might keep Polamalu from joining them is his well-documented desire to stay in California during the offseason. Polamalu is so “family-oriented,” as Taylor put it, that he usually skips most of the voluntary practices that are held during a normal offseason.......................

Read more @ http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2011/05/19/taylor-to-polamalu-come-to-orlando/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThe PressBox+%28View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29

suitanim
05-20-2011, 09:08 AM
I don't want Troy doing anything OTHER than his weird, alternative workout with Marv Marinovich. It ain't broke, so please don't try to fix it...

SteelerEmpire
05-20-2011, 04:22 PM
Kool... but anything to extreme that could re-injure or cause not to heal properly any knee or ankle on Troy makes me nervous...

SMR
05-20-2011, 04:30 PM
I say let Troy continue doing what he desires/is comfortable with and it'll be alllllllll good. He did win the NFL defensive player of the year this time. He just needs to focus on avoiding injuries more!

43Hitman
05-20-2011, 07:34 PM
I don't want Troy doing anything OTHER than his weird, alternative workout with Marv Marinovich. It ain't broke, so please don't try to fix it...

I agree with this completely.

stillers4me
05-20-2011, 07:41 PM
“Troy said, ‘I’ve been injured for the last three years. Ike, James, William
Gay haven’t missed a play so I’ve got to find out what they’re doing,’ ” Shaw
said. “I can guarantee that we’ll do things that will strengthen his weaknesses
because we do a whole body training, we don’t just do one thing. We sprint, we
run, we backpedal turn and run. We add resistance to it. Well pull that sled
with your arms.”
Polamalu, who turned 30 last month, has not played an
entire season since 2008.

Maybe it's time to try something new.

suitanim
05-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Well, I buy into the whole Troy package, weird workout included...hopefully he can pick up some good things to add to his alternative workout.

SMR
05-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Just imagine Troy, being as fantastic as he is, being injury-free!! Oh, NFL teams would have endless nightmares!

SteelGhost
05-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Maybe it's time to try something new.

Ding ding ding

beSteelmyheart
05-23-2011, 07:34 PM
That's a nice place-we went there to watch the Bucs train a few years ago.
Would anyone happen to know when they are out there working out? (it's close enough to be worth the drive & make an Orlando day trip out of it)

zulater
06-03-2011, 09:57 PM
http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=10605

It’s at this time of the year when Tom Shaw begins to get touted by those who follow the NFL. NFL players such as Jim Farrior, Ray Lewis and Ike Taylor routinely head south for his Shaw’s camp.

Well, the discussion on my show was about Taylor and if the Steelers should pay the man despite his age. I made the opinion that the Steelers should base much of their decision on a study that should be done on players that have been trained by Shaw and have it compared to players that haven’t taken the time to visit his camp or a camp of this kind on a yearly basis.

Have their careers been extended because they had such high level fitness due to training with the Guru over a period of years? Did they maintain their efficiency longer than other players?

In other words, Does Ike Taylor have 3 more years left in him at playing at a high level because he trained with that fitness guru?

Well, Lewis and Farrior certainly are two well known clients of his and their level of play at their age speaks for itself.

Their should be research done to see if NFL players have lasted longer and maintained their level of efficiency longer than those that didn’t train with Shaw. Just look at Polamalu breaking down. Maybe this wouldn’t happen had he been spending summers down in Florida?