PDA

View Full Version : Ed Bouchette's Steelers chat transcript: 5.17.11

stillers4me
05-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Ed Bouchette: Good afternoon, I am ready to hear and consider your appeals . . .
Steel Curtain Rising: Ed, what is your read on the current round of negotiations, does either side really want an agreement at this point, or are both still content with taking their chances with the court?

Ed Bouchette: Owners did not want to go to court, that was players' preference. Owners won this round and likely to win next one too. This could stretch out a long time if they can't negotiate a CBA

DiamondSteel: Do you think the ruling will help get things moving to resolve this dispute?

Ed Bouchette: It could go either way. It depends on the willingness of the two sides to get something done in negotiations.

IndySteeler: Ed, SI is forecasting starting the season last week of Oct/early November. Do you see that really happening?

Ed Bouchette: I had been optimistic the season would start on time. Not so sure now. Again, if they can both get serious about cutting a deal, there's plenty of time. If they let the thing run its course in the courts, season will be delayed or . . .

Read more @ http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/109917-ed-bouchettes-steelers-chat-transcript-51711