PDA

View Full Version : SW PA Girl about to move to Winston-Salem, NC

Meggery
05-17-2011, 11:38 AM
Hi guys!

I am 24 years old and I've been with my boyfriend for almost 5 years now. We met while he was going to school here and then he moved back home and we've been long-distance ever since (about 4 years). We're finally closing the gap at the end of the month and I am moving to Winston-Salem, NC.

I joined here because I am worried about being so far away from the 'burgh! I am looking to get in touch with fans in the Triad area. I hear there is quite a large group of Steeler fans in that area and I'm pretty excited to join them.

So uh... hey!

LLT
05-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Hi guys!

I am 24 years old and I've been with my boyfriend for almost 5 years now. We met while he was going to school here and then he moved back home and we've been long-distance ever since (about 4 years). We're finally closing the gap at the end of the month and I am moving to Winston-Salem, NC.

I joined here because I am worried about being so far away from the 'burgh! I am looking to get in touch with fans in the Triad area. I hear there is quite a large group of Steeler fans in that area and I'm pretty excited to join them.

So uh... hey!

Welcome to the site!!! The best thing to do....is to just JUMP right in and start posting. The more you post the more people get to know you!!!

SteelerSal
05-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Great to have ya here and welcome to the family....hope to see you around often. :thumbsup:

X-Terminator
05-17-2011, 12:08 PM
Welcome, Meggery! I believe there are a couple of members here who live in the Triad area, so you won't be alone in that regard!

fansince'76
05-17-2011, 12:24 PM
Welcome to the board! :drink:

I am almost certain Steeldevil hails from Winston-Salem.

salamander
05-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Welcome to the Universe!! :thumbsup:

steeldevil
05-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Welcome to the board! :drink:

I am almost certain Steeldevil hails from Winston-Salem.

Nope '76, I hail from Pinehurst, NC. Moved to Elkin, NC and now live in Greensboro, NC.

So pretty much all around Winston-Salem but not in it. :tongue1:

steeldevil
05-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Hi guys!

So uh... hey!

Welcome to the universe!

I am sure you will love it here in NC. It is a great place to live.

There are many Steelers fans here in NC. Obviously not as many as Pittsburgh or PA in general, but you will not feel to lonely I don't think.

Is your bf from NC?

Devilsdancefloor
05-17-2011, 02:11 PM
Welcome to the site!!

stillers4me
05-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Welcome to SU!! Be sure to check out our interviews with Baron Batch And Chris Carter.

Another section with lots of fun tidbits is http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/1996-Steelers-Tweets-Facebook-Real-Time-Updates/page53

venom
05-18-2011, 05:54 AM
Welcome and enjoy

HometownGal
05-18-2011, 07:02 AM
Hi Meggery and welcome to The Universe! :wave: :drink: :tt02:

Galax Steeler
05-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Welcome to the board Winston is about 45 min from Galax .