PDA

View Full Version : NFL Commissioner to speak with Steelers fans

salamander
05-17-2011, 09:33 AM
On Thursday, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell will hold a conference call with Pittsburgh Steelers season ticket holders.

more: http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/05/17/nfl-commissioner-to-speak-with-steelers-fans/

Bluecoat96
05-17-2011, 10:04 AM
I'd love to read a transcript of that call. :-)

steeldevil
05-17-2011, 11:05 AM
He better get himself ready....

suitanim
05-17-2011, 12:10 PM
Christ...somehow, by Steelers fans talking to Good Deal, the Patriots will end up being compensated with another first round draft pick next year...

SMR
05-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Christ...somehow, by Steelers fans talking to Good Deal, the Patriots will end up being compensated with another first round draft pick next year...

Shhhhh....Der Commish doesn't need anymore bone-headed ideas!

fansince'76
05-17-2011, 02:27 PM

I have a feeling it will be a one-way conference call - chances are he will just be spewing his usual vague BS while the season ticket holders who dial into it are all muted and aren't able to ask questions.

vader29
05-17-2011, 04:13 PM

If it was a live chat it would probably go something like this:

commissioner: hello Steeler fans, who wants to start with a question for me?
blackandgold: hey you piece of $*** go jump off a bridge somewhere
commissioner: now Mr. blackandgold that's not very nice
commissioner: anyone else with a question?
terribletowel: how many times during the season do you "get it on" with members of the Patriots organization?
commissioner: twice a we.., I mean what are you talking about?
steelersrule: hello roger, just wanted to say that you suck, you really do
steeltown6: bite me goodumbo :upyours:
troyfan: :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:
commissioner: isn't there someone moderating this chat?
rogergoodellsucks: Yes, I'm the moderater and everything is going well so far
commissioner: uh ok :nervous:
commissioner: well then I'll take one more question before I have to go
clevebrownie: how long before we see pink uniforms fulltime?
commissioner: clevebrownie, are you a Steeler season ticket holder?
clevebrownie: yes, living in Cleveland my Browns suck so bad that the only chance I have of seeing a real football team play is to go to as many games in Pittsburgh as I can.
commissioner: that is interesting, don't get where you are coming from with your pink uniform question but in the future I am hoping to have all games played indoors or at the very least have outdoor games postponed when it rains or snows so the players uniforms do not get dirty.
clevebrownie: :frusty:
pitt1: :upyours: :upyours: :upyours: :upyours: :upyours: :upyours:
commissioner: ok that is all the time I have today, nice chatting with all of you, I think.

SteelerFanInStl
05-17-2011, 04:41 PM
I have a feeling it will be a one-way conference call - chances are he will just be spewing his usual vague BS while the season ticket holders who dial into it are all muted and aren't able to ask questions.

Agreed. He won't be answering any REAL questions.

steelersfan425
05-17-2011, 04:58 PM
he will avoid real questions some one with a harrison jersey should destroy him

stillers4me
05-17-2011, 05:09 PM
If it was a live chat it would probably go something like this:

commissioner: hello Steeler fans, who wants to start with a question for me?
blackandgold: hey you piece of $*** go jump off a bridge somewhere
commissioner: now Mr. blackandgold that's not very nice
commissioner: anyone else with a question?
terribletowel: how many times during the season do you "get it on" with members of the Patriots organization?
commissioner: twice a we.., I mean what are you talking about?
steelersrule: hello roger, just wanted to say that you suck, you really do
steeltown6: bite me goodumbo :upyours:
troyfan: :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:
commissioner: isn't there someone moderating this chat?
rogergoodellsucks: Yes, I'm the moderater and everything is going well so far
commissioner: uh ok :nervous:
commissioner: well then I'll take one more question before I have to go
clevebrownie: how long before we see pink uniforms fulltime?
commissioner: clevebrownie, are you a Steeler season ticket holder?
clevebrownie: yes, living in Cleveland my Browns suck so bad that the only chance I have of seeing a real football team play is to go to as many games in Pittsburgh as I can.
commissioner: that is interesting, don't get where you are coming from with your pink uniform question but in the future I am hoping to have all games played indoors or at the very least have outdoor games postponed when it rains or snows so the players uniforms do not get dirty.
clevebrownie: :frusty:
pitt1: :upyours: :upyours: :upyours: :upyours: :upyours: :upyours:
commissioner: ok that is all the time I have today, nice chatting with all of you, I think.

Harrison's going to get fined and Ben will miss the first 4 weeks....again :chuckle:

tube517
05-17-2011, 10:18 PM
:rofl2:

He's going to earn his dollar in that chat. Bwahahahahahahahaha.

Butch
05-17-2011, 10:58 PM
Damn why couldn't I be a season ticket holder!!!

I wouldn't ask questions I would make statements. You had a great idea with NFL network then held the fans hostage by creating Thursday night football. You ruined the draft experience by moving the draft to Thursday night and Friday nights yet you say you care about the fans. You destroy the sport by creating rules then selectively enforcing them. You single out the Steelers 1st by trying to break up the ownership stating that you don't want ties to gambling Bullshit!!! Then you fine the hell out of Steeler players like no other team. You did nothing to head off the strike even though we all knew it was coming many years ago. You lie to the fans of the NFL stating that you care about us while destroying the sport we are so pationate about.

My only question to Go To Hell Godell would be when exactly can we expect your complete and full resignation???

fansince'76
05-17-2011, 11:29 PM
My bad, it's probably more of an online moderated chat - here's a transcript of his recent conference call with Giants ticket holders:

http://helmet2helmet.net/2011/04/20/roger-goodells-conference-call-with-giants-fans/

So it will be like one of his periodic and idiotic "fan chats" on NFL.com where he uses a fair amount of words to basically say nothing. Here's a good example of what can probably be generally expected:

On the probability of the season starting as scheduled on September 8:

We released the schedule yesterday and we’re planning to start the season on time. We’re planning on playing a full season and we’re going to negotiate as hard as we can to get that done. You obviously have to be prepared if you’re unsuccessful. But I don’t like to focus on that. I like to focus on being successful. There’s a lot at risk for everybody involved, most importantly for you as fans. And we know how much you want football. So we‘ve got to identify the solutions and get it done. But it is tough for me to project other than we‘re going to continue to make the preparations for the season and work as hard as we can to solve those issues in advance so that we can play every game and every down of the season.:jerkit: :blah: :blah: :blah: :jerkit:

HometownGal
05-18-2011, 07:04 AM
:rofl2:

He's going to earn his dollar in that chat. Bwahahahahahahahaha.

LMAO!!!! :lol: :rofl: :lol:

He might even put in for 25 cents in OT if the call goes beyond an hour. :heh:

Dino 6 Rings
05-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Unless that piece of crap is calling to say "We have a Deal and the Season will start on Time", I don't give a flying fck what comes out of his mouth.

Sept 11th, if I go to turn on the TV and my Steelers aren't there beating the snot out of the pathetic purple birds...I'm going to find Roger and I'm GOING TO PUNCH HIM RIGHT IN THE FACE!

steeldevil
05-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Unless that piece of crap is calling to say "We have a Deal and the Season will start on Time", I don't give a flying fck what comes out of his mouth.

Sept 11th, if I go to turn on the TV and my Steelers aren't there beating the snot out of the pathetic purple birds...I'm going to find Roger and I'm GOING TO PUNCH HIM RIGHT IN THE FACE!

:rofl2: :drink:

SMR
05-19-2011, 03:59 PM

ROFL.

Ahem...seriously, wait in line please.