PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on the 2011 draft

MasterOfPuppets
06-18-2010, 12:43 AM
questions to consider for 2011 if the lockout seems inevitable .

1 just like every year , much of the talent pool for 2011 is junior eligible players. will all or most of these guys return to college for another year ? why would they enter the draft just to be layed off ?

2 will it change certain prospects value ? i mean if you got a talented guy, and i'll just use mt cody as an example, who comes with some conditioning concerns, would a team roll the dice on him anyway and take a chance that he'd stay in at least reasonable ,workable, shape. during the extended time off ? a guy like cody if given a year + away from football could hit 600 lbs by the time the cba gets resolved.

Texasteel
06-18-2010, 06:48 AM
questions to consider for 2011 if the lockout seems inevitable .

1 just like every year , much of the talent pool for 2011 is junior eligible players. will all or most of these guys return to college for another year ? why would they enter the draft just to be layed off ?

2 will it change certain prospects value ? i mean if you got a talented guy, and i'll just use mt cody as an example, who comes with some conditioning concerns, would a team roll the dice on him anyway and take a chance that he'd stay in at least reasonable ,workable, shape. during the extended time off ? a guy like cody if given a year + away from football could hit 600 lbs by the time the cba gets resolved.

1. If things go south on us, I think there is a good chance the top Jr.s will stay in school. On the other hand, if a kid is not a real student, he could see this as an opportunity to move up in the draft. Hard to tell what that kid might do.

2. I think if a team see someone that can not stay in shape when they are active on a team, they would not trust him to come back in shape after a year off. Think the same go's for a kid with off the field problems.