PDA

View Full Version : Baron Batch blog - May 15, 2011

stillers4me
05-16-2011, 05:05 AM
Pride is a child of Success. Humility is Prides sibling.

Pride is perilous. It can potently poison, and pollute sincere intentions, quickly suffocating Humility if not put check. Pride terrifies me because I know where its lair lies. It lurks in the deepest shadows my inadequacies, and feeds off Success. Pride is my greatest fear. It is a dancing demon that demands a partner. The music is ready, but I must not hit play. I know how dangerous this dance could be. I know how treacherous pride is. It methodically marches murderously masked with good intentions, making its way towards marked men.

I am a marked man.

Everything is changing for me now. This new chapter will be a tricky one, filled with tantalizing temptations I never could have imagined I would face. I can see the tempting treats that tease my ego, and they are all too close for comfort. Part of me wants to sprint in the other direction while my weaker half begs to have a taste of the tainted treats. I have to be much more cautious now. I have to watch every step, and most importantly must respect my dancing demon called Pride.............

Read more @ http://baronbatch.blogspot.com/2011/05/diary-29-marked-man.html

Mamaduck43
05-16-2011, 02:43 PM
I love this guy - - just another example that the Front Office knows what they are doing during the Draft process.... What a great addition to the team and the Family..... Wow...

st33lersguy
05-16-2011, 05:38 PM
That was beautiful. He is such a beautiful writer and has a fantastic perspective on life

SMR
05-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Man, that Batch is gifted beyond words!

Kudos to the FO.

Gotta love the Steelers' organization!

Iron Steeler
05-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Nice poetry kid... Now more importantly can you make it past the practice squad?