PDA

View Full Version : Former Buckeye Cameron Heyward juggles academics, preparations for NFL

stillers4me
05-15-2011, 08:17 AM
After lining up a job that guarantees a multimillion-dollar contract, the best benefits an employee can hope for and fame and recognition as the newest member of the Pittsburgh Steelers' dominant defense, it'd be easy to throw away your textbooks and forget lecture halls ever existed.

But former Ohio State defensive end Cameron Heyward isn't taking the easy way out.
Even after being drafted in the first round of last month's NFL draft, Heyward still attends classes and will graduate with a degree in education at the end of this quarter.

The motivation to finish college all comes from within. Heyward knows he wants to earn a degree and do something that has not been done before by anyone in his immediate family.

"I'm pushing myself," Heyward said. "I want to impress my family. I'll be the first one to graduate and that's just a big accomplishment.".................

Read more @ http://www.thelantern.com/sports/former-buckeye-cameron-heyward-juggles-academics-preparations-for-nfl-1.2225270

SMR
05-15-2011, 08:18 AM
Kudos!!

salamander
05-15-2011, 08:31 AM
I love reading stories about these guys finishing up their degrees. They're doing the smart thing and preparing themselves for the future.

suitanim
05-15-2011, 08:53 AM
This kid is the "anti-Bengal". The more you guys learn about him the more you'll love him...

LLT
05-15-2011, 10:08 AM
This kid is the "anti-Bengal". The more you guys learn about him the more you'll love him...

There seems to be a common denominator of "character" in this draft class. Not just "good" guys...but rather they seem to be... solid...HIGH character...players.

steelerdude15
05-15-2011, 10:21 PM
I'm glad to read this. It's good to see the rookies who are staying in school to get a degree. It's always a special feeling in itself to walk across that stage and get your diploma.

SMR
05-17-2011, 08:04 PM
There seems to be a common denominator of "character" in this draft class. Not just "good" guys...but rather they seem to be... solid...HIGH character...players.

I have noticed that and it is a great feeling. I'm proud to be a Steelers fan!