PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Fans in Mexico - Muy bien!!

stillers4me
05-14-2011, 08:28 AM
As I sit here and try to recreate the most amazing Mexican food that I’ve been eating for the last 3 weeks right here in my own kitchen, I can’t help but think about the meaning of Steeler Nation. I spent the better part of 3 weeks touring around Mexico from Mexico City (or DF as the locals call it) to Guadalajara, Queretaro, Aguascalientes, and eventually Los Cabos. I was playing music with a jazz/rock group called A Love Electric and we dazzled large crowds all throughout the country. It was amazing. Needless to say, I thought it would be who of me to look in to how far south Steeler Nation really goes and what I found was pretty amazing.

From what I could find, there are 5 Steeler bars in Mexico (I’ll list them at the bottom of this post in case you ever go down there during the season). Now, I’m not just talking about the places with mostly Americans and English speaking Mexicans like Los Cabos. I’m talking about real Mexico.

That bit is important.

The biggest of the 5 bars is Boix Noix, right in down town Mexico City. Unfortunately, being a musician and having shows every night I was in Mexico City, I was never able to visit the bar myself, but I found some pretty cool stuff on them and met some pretty cool Steelers fans while I was there. I walked around sporting my Steelers gear during the day only to have people stop me in the street to say “hey man, here we go Steelers!” Which I can only assume is literally the only English those people speak at all..............

read more @ http://nicepickcowher.com/2011/05/13/mexico-livin/

Watch the video....they are every bit as enthusiastic as we are!