PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor: "There ain’t nothing better than being a Steeler"

stillers4me
05-14-2011, 08:08 AM
The success of an NFL team is subject to so many variables outside of sound quarterback play, but for the six time Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers, it’s not grossly over-simplistic to say that they’re chances in 2011 hinge squarely on whether or not they’ll be able to re-sign veteran cornerback Ike Taylor. There’s a chance they could find a suitable stop-gap replacement for 2011 and catch lighting in a bottle with one of their unproven young DBS. But for a team that’s positioned to win right now, the Steelers might find it tough to extend their lead in the LomBardi Trophy category were they forced to take the field without their prove and best shutdown corner. As Taylor reminds listeners, his interception totals might not catch your attention, but for nearly a decade now he’s been limiting the effectiveness of the world’s best pass-catching threats............

Read more @ http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2011/05/13/nfl-lockout-free-agency-schedule-tomlin-rooney-lebeau-farrior-cornerbacks-salary/

Bluecoat96
05-14-2011, 08:17 AM
On his reaction when seeing the massive contract signed by Oakland Raiders CB Stanford Routt, a player he has to know he’s much better than:

“I mean, I see that type of contract and I’m like ‘man, I’m ready to sign for that type of money.’ But I look at the team that he signed that type of money for and I’m like “I’m with the Raiders.’ So you can’t even put into consideration what the Raiders d. Yeah, for my market value and what it is for individuals at my position — yeah, it helped me out bigtime. But man, there are some things you can’t even really pay attention to. Some teams run differently than others, and as we all know, one of them teams is the Raiders. So yeah, it puts a smile on your face, but you’ve got to understand that it’s a business, and that’s what I’m doing.”

Wow....a player with common sense. Whoda thunk it?