PDA

View Full Version : Harris: Parker's ship has sailed ... with Steelers

stillers4me
05-14-2011, 08:03 AM
I can't believe what I think I heard the other day. Asked on TribLive Radio about making a comeback with the Steelers, ex-running back Willie Parker replied, "There's definitely a possibility ... when this lockout is over, that's going to be my first priority — talking with the Steelers operation.''

Then, Parker added faster than he used to hit the hole, "Me and Coach T (Mike Tomlin), we're pretty cool. That's how it's supposed to be ... Never burn bridges in case you want to go back.''...........

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_737050.html

SMR
05-14-2011, 08:36 AM
I can't believe what I think I heard the other day. Asked on TribLive Radio about making a comeback with the Steelers, ex-running back Willie Parker replied, "There's definitely a possibility ... when this lockout is over, that's going to be my first priority — talking with the Steelers operation.''

Then, Parker added faster than he used to hit the hole, "Me and Coach T (Mike Tomlin), we're pretty cool. That's how it's supposed to be ... Never burn bridges in case you want to go back.''...........

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_737050.html

Wow. Just wow!

Hindes204
05-14-2011, 08:39 AM
is this a joke

stillers4me
05-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Can you blame him? He had an incredible run here in Pittsburgh and then spent just enough time with the Redskins to realize that the Steelers are an extraordinary and unique organization. He saw the Steelers re-sign several ex players last year so I really don't blame him for trying to come back. Probably not going to happen but i understand his wanting to try.

steeldevil
05-14-2011, 09:13 AM
If we didn't have so much young talent at RB that needs developed, then I would not be opposed to bringing him back for a season or 2. Unfortunately for Fast Willie, we do have young talent at RB. Sorry Willie.

Godfather
05-14-2011, 09:24 AM
I'd love to have Fast Willie back. Unfortunately he's not Fast Willie anymore.

ALLD
05-14-2011, 10:24 AM
He is "Formerly Fast Willie".

SteelerEmpire
05-14-2011, 10:29 AM
They brought McFadden back... so it can happen...

tube517
05-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Me and Coach T (Mike Tomlin), we're pretty cool. That's how it's supposed to be ... Never burn bridges in case you want to go back

Yeah, like when you complained about the Steelers not running the ball enough and Tomlin said he doesn't see rushing title trophies around the Heinz Field office which pretty much shut you up.

For those not on FB, he is making it known that he wants to come back to the Steelers. It's nice to see he wants to come back but I don't see it happening.

GBMelBlount
05-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Can you blame him? He had an incredible run here in Pittsburgh and then spent just enough time with the Redskins to realize that the Steelers are an extraordinary and unique organization. He saw the Steelers re-sign several ex players last year so I really don't blame him for trying to come back. Probably not going to happen but i understand his wanting to try.

EXACTLY right on all points Sue!

...and speaking of having "an incredible run here in Pittsburgh", he sure as hell did and here it is!!!!!!!

Thanks for everything Willie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udJx6nTgBxQ

SMR
05-14-2011, 01:41 PM
He is "Formerly Fast Willie".

So...it's not FWP, but FFW.

Ouch!

Count Steeler
05-14-2011, 02:07 PM
Don't see him making the roster. Unless of course he is willing to sign for a very low amount.

KeiselPower99
05-14-2011, 04:29 PM
He was just claimed by the Virginia Destroyers and could use that to show he still has something. I dont see him being of any value if he comes back. We have Mendenhall Redman with Batch. Plus Id take Memo over Willie right now.

steeldawg
05-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Parker is fast but thats all, he cant break tackles and he cant make guys miss...maybe a 3rd down back but hes not a good reciever out of the backfield

steel striker
05-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Yeah it might be a different story if WP was better at catching the ball. He just is not the same guy after he had his leg broken in 07 @ St Louis.

Steeldude
05-14-2011, 09:07 PM
please no. i don't want to another used up ex-steeler wasting a roster spot again. they did that with foote and mcfadden.

steelerdude15
05-15-2011, 12:32 AM
Sorry, but I don't see Willie coming back. Plus, we have better, younger talent at the position.

Galax Steeler
05-15-2011, 06:37 AM
I don't see it a happening but thanks for some good times in Pittsburgh.

Kittyfish
05-15-2011, 08:23 AM
Perhaps he can go play for the Cardinals - Whisenhunt always likes those ex-Steelers.

It must be hard to go from the toast of the town to "thanks but no thanks" in within a matter of a couple of years. But such is the lot of a professional football player, I guess, esp a RB. I wish him well in the future, but I doubt it will be here with the Steelers.

SteelGhost
05-16-2011, 06:21 PM
With Mendenhall, Redman, Moore, Dwyer and Batch we have enough IMO.

Thanks for the memories Ex FWP.