PDA

View Full Version : Hockey commentator Barnaby arrested in domestic incident

oneforthetoe
05-14-2011, 12:41 AM
Normaly, you would think that He would be fired by ESPN, but since no one at ESPN remembers they have hockey commentators, it is unlikely.

Former NHL forward Matthew Barnaby has been arrested and charged with domestic violence, according to multiple media reports from Buffalo........................................... ...............................................

Barnaby was arrested and charged with second degree criminal contempt, harassment, second degree criminal trespass and second degree criminal mischief, the station reported.................

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2011/05/14/sp-barnaby-arrest.html

zulater
05-14-2011, 05:24 AM
I guess we should at least see what the incident report says and hear Barnaby's side of things before passing judgement. It sounds bad for him though, if it's a straight up case of spousal abuse then his career as a broadcaster is over.

zulater
05-14-2011, 05:28 AM
http://www.nowpublic.com/sports/matthew-barnaby-domestic-assault-was-michelle-beadle-involved-2787619.html

Looks as though it could be an ex wife thing, if so, who knows what the truth is?

zulater
05-15-2011, 02:21 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/2011-05-14-matthew-barnaby-pleads-not-guilty_N.htm

The more I read about this incident the more I'm convinced that this is just Mrs Barnaby's way of getting even for Matt walking out on her. Seriously if there was no violence, no threat of violence, and no prior restraining order in place, this looks to be nothing more than contrived charges by his soon to be ex because of hurt feelings. It's a shame that some woman will use their kids to get even with their straying mate's.

oneforthetoe
05-15-2011, 04:00 PM
Well, if he is innocent of the charges then she should me charged with filing a false criminal complaint. Of course, she will not be since no prosecutor wants to take the heat for charging a women who who is potentially a sympathetic victim of abuse. Naturally, if he did do it, then he should be hung by his balls like a pinata and his ex should be given a stick.

Craic
05-15-2011, 08:19 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/2011-05-14-matthew-barnaby-pleads-not-guilty_N.htm

The more I read about this incident the more I'm convinced that this is just Mrs Barnaby's way of getting even for Matt walking out on her. Seriously if there was no violence, no threat of violence, and no prior restraining order in place, this looks to be nothing more than contrived charges by his soon to be ex because of hurt feelings. It's a shame that some woman will use their kids to get even with their straying mate's.

??

He wasn't charged with domestic abuse, so why would would "No Violence" matter? If she was given the house in a separation, and she tells him to leave and he doesn't, then it is trespassing. If he turns around and breaks things, its mischief. It is not, however, domestic violence.

I think it is a shame that we associate the two, because it is very unfair to Barnaby as his (ex?) wife didn't even claim it.

zulater
05-16-2011, 05:16 AM
??

He wasn't charged with domestic abuse, so why would would "No Violence" matter? If she was given the house in a separation, and she tells him to leave and he doesn't, then it is trespassing. If he turns around and breaks things, its mischief. It is not, however, domestic violence.

I think it is a shame that we associate the two, because it is very unfair to Barnaby as his (ex?) wife didn't even claim it.

This is what I belieive may have happened, he was there because of his daughter's prom, and I think she hates what he did to her so she's out to destroy him personally and proffesionally with trumped up charges over an incident that was probably spurned by her refusal to allow him to be any part of his daughter's big night. It's like deja vue all over for me, not personally, but I saw the exact thing happen with my wife's mother towards her father, 20 years ago. A woman scorned can be a real bitch, even if she's usually a decent and reasonable person.

HometownGal
05-16-2011, 07:39 AM
A woman scorned can be a real bitch, even if she's usually a decent and reasonable person.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. :flame:

I've never been that type of woman and never will be. Walk away, get on with your life and let your spouse get on with his/hers.