PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Smith still not fully healed

stillers4me
05-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Buried in an article about Troy is this little tidbit...

Meantime, the prognosis for defensive end Aaron Smith is still a little murky.
He missed the final 13 games of the season bcause of a torn triceps tendon and the injury is healing. There have been no setbacks. But he is not fully recovered, and it is still unclear at this point if he will be 100 percent recovered in time for training camp.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/109856-gerry-polamalu-injury-update

I wonder how Maurkice Pouncy is doing??

tube517
05-13-2011, 08:34 PM
This makes the Heyward pick even more critical.

steelreserve
05-14-2011, 10:43 PM
and it is still unclear at this point if he will be 100 percent recovered in time for training camp

What training camp? Last I heard, they still weren't sure whether they're having one.

Honestly, I'm afraid Smith is done. Love the guy, and he's great when he's 100%, but that's not very often. He's basically missed most of the last three years, and we have to learn how to function without him. Which we actually did last year, for once.

Galax Steeler
05-15-2011, 08:15 AM
I hate to say it but I think Smith is done in the Burgh. He seems to get injured more and more it is time for his replacement and that would be Heyward.

GBMelBlount
05-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Ouch. Not overly optimistic...BUT I guess we will see where he is in a few months...

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-15-2011, 03:01 PM
I hate to say it but I think Smith is done in the Burgh. He seems to get injured more and more it is time for his replacement and that would be Heyward.

I tend to agree. If there really is any advantage to releasing him and saving some cap space (who knows what the CBA will look like)...then its probably a good idea. Hood has proven he can start and a reserve group of Hoke, Eason, Heyward would not be the worst thing for the D line.

Love the guy, but he's probably close to retirement and could easily go.

SMR
05-15-2011, 03:17 PM
This makes the Heyward pick even more critical.

And the Steelers knew it!

stillers4me
05-15-2011, 03:18 PM
And the Steelers knew it!

Ding ding ding!!!!

ALLD
05-15-2011, 07:33 PM
Hopefully can can return for one more season and surprise everybody like Charlie Batch who also has an injury history.

steelreserve
05-16-2011, 02:47 AM
Hopefully can can return for one more season and surprise everybody like Charlie Batch who also has an injury history.

You mean the way Batch came off of a season-ending injury, to play one "good" game based mostly on two moonballs that an awesome receiver luckily ran down ... then got completely abused and exposed as washed-up in the very next game? I sure hope Smith doesn't have a season like that.