PDA

View Full Version : Gerry: Polamalu injury update

stillers4me
05-13-2011, 05:37 PM
As you know, the Steelers never revealed the exact nature of Troy Polamalu’s late-season injury, referring to it simply as a foot injury (I believe was the terminology). Anyway, I have since informed you that his injury was a slight tear of his Achilles tendon, suffered returning that interception for touchdown in a Dec. 12 game against the Bengals.
His rehab appears to be going well.

Polamalu is receiving treatment and doing rehabilitation in Los Angeles under the care of an orthopedic surgeon who is friendly with the Steelers medical staff. He does not need surgery, which is the good news.............

read more @ http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/109856-gerry-polamalu-injury-update

GBMelBlount
05-13-2011, 06:08 PM
stillers4me

his injury was a slight tear of his Achilles tendon, suffered returning that interception for touchdown in a Dec. 12 game against the Bengals.

His rehab appears to be going well.

He does not need surgery, which is the good news.............

Good news and I am assuming he can fully heal from this.

I wonder how risky it was for him to play with a torn achilles...it certainly affected his level of play...

Count Steeler
05-13-2011, 08:47 PM
Bring on the rematch! Polamalu has a score to settle.

Devilsdancefloor
05-13-2011, 08:54 PM
God to hear he is doing well , but the smith injury seems to be lingering, maybe that is why we picked heyward