PDA

View Full Version : Look for Taylor to re-sign when the times comes

stillers4me
05-13-2011, 05:06 AM
Here is why Ike Taylor will re-sign with the Steelers once NFL business resumes and he hits the open market as an unrestricted free agent: the veteran cornerback is not going to hold a gun to their head, even though he could, and the Steelers are too smart to try and lowball him.

I had a chance to catch up with Taylor, along with linebacker James Farrior and cornerback William Gay, following a workout with renowned performance coach Tom Shaw at Disney’s Wide World of Sports. And the vibe I got from Taylor is he is going to give the Steelers every opportunity to re-sign him once the lockout is over.

“I’ve been in Pittsburgh longer than any other city since I was born,” said Taylor, who celebrated his 31st birthday last week. “That’s home to me. Steelers Nation is crazy. You’re going to find a Steelers fan at some bar, some mall, some college (anywhere). As a professional player you thrive off that.”...............

Read more @ http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2011/05/12/look-for-taylor-to-re-sign-when-the-times-comes/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThe PressBox+%28View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29

HometownGal
05-13-2011, 06:42 AM
We'd sure love to have you retire as a Steeler, Ike. Make it happen! :pray: