PDA

View Full Version : Batch Could Be Excellent Third-Down Back For Steelers

stillers4me
05-11-2011, 10:26 PM
With just seven selections in the recent NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers didn’t have as many options as usual, so they decided to fill needs instead of taking their usual best player available.

With their final pick in the seventh round, the Steelers selected Texas Tech running back Baron Batch from Texas Tech. While the 5-foot-9, 200-pound Batch probably won’t be a backup to starter Rashard Mendenhall, there’s certainly a special role that he could fill.

Batch averaged 45 catches over his final three seasons with the Red Raiders, so he could be slated to replace free-agent Mewelde Moore as the Steelers’ third-down back. Moore’s status is unknown during the current lockout, and he easily could be lost when that status is lifted..............

Read more @ http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2011/batch-could-be-excellent-third-down-back-for-steelers/

Godfather
05-12-2011, 07:02 PM
I'd rather keep MeMo and let Redman/Batch split the starting job. Two headed monster like Franco and Rocky or Foster and Pegram or Bettis and Parker.

86WARD
05-12-2011, 07:08 PM
I'd rather see Charlie on the sideline than attempting to learn a new position...

86WARD
05-12-2011, 07:09 PM
I'd rather keep MeMo and let Redman/Batch split the starting job. Two headed monster like Franco and Rocky or Foster and Pegram or Bettis and Parker.

If I could choose, I'd like to see MeMo go. He was pretty much replaced by Redman at the end of the season and two years ago he was GOD AWFUL! He's got the veteran thing going for him, but his production is useless. He literally lost more games for the Steelers than he helped. I'd like to see Redman/Batch and Dwyer battle it out for the back up and third down spot.

steeldevil
05-12-2011, 07:48 PM

Forgetting about that one guy that wears #34?

Count Steeler
05-12-2011, 08:43 PM
As far as the good of the team goes, Memo should be let go, keeping Redman, Mendy and Dwyer. Batch has to prove himself at TC and try to give Dwyer a run for his money. With the salary saving from Memo, use it on Taylor or Asoumoga (sorry for the spelling).

86WARD
05-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Shit...I'd give Nnamdi, Memo's contract, Taylor's contract and Aaron Smith's. That should get him here.