PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor Wants To Remain A Steeler

stillers4me
05-10-2011, 06:15 PM
One of the Steelers biggest priorities in this year’s draft was at the cornerback position.

Kevin Colbert dedicated his third and fourth round picks both to corners and said he was operating under the assumption that long time Steeler Ike Taylor would not be back.
Taylor, is an unrestricted free agent and until the lockout ends, cannot talk with any team, the Steelers included. So KDKA-TV went down to Florida where Taylor spends his off-seasons working out to see if Ike wanted to be back in Pittsburgh once football resumes.

“For sure I would love to retire as a Steeler,” Taylor said. “I ain’t just saying this to be saying this. Like I would love to retire (as a Steeler), but we’ll see how they feel about me. They know how I feel about the city of Pittsburgh. They know how I feel about the organization. We’ll see how they feel about me.”

When asked about his relationship with Chairman Emeritus Dan Rooney, it was clear this was no ordinary (former) owner/player relationship.

“I call him pops. I don’t even call him Mr. Rooney,” Taylor said. “In my phone I’ve got him under Papa Rooney.”.......

read more @ http://burgh.us/4rh

GBMelBlount
05-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Very cool. I will be so fired up if we are able to keep Taylor. He really is the last big piece to what could a FANTASTIC team this year.

GitNoLuv
05-10-2011, 06:43 PM
You guys keeping him wouldn't surprise me in the least. He's tailor made for your defense...you represent a good shot at getting to the SB...and he just doesn't strike me as a huge money grubber.

Godfather
05-10-2011, 06:44 PM
I'd love to have a secondary of Taylor, Polamalu, Clark, Asomugha.

The 2011 Steelers would be one of the greatest teams of all time.

st33lersguy
05-10-2011, 06:49 PM
That is a good sign

Count Steeler
05-10-2011, 07:26 PM
“You can go down the line but at the same time I just want my market value. Whatever my market value is, I would like that,” Taylor continued.

“I’m not trying to be greedy, but I feel like I’ve put in a good amount of work over the course of the past few years.

Sounds to me like, "So long, farewell, ..."

Devilsdancefloor
05-10-2011, 08:19 PM
i hope Mr rooney talks to the men in charge he seen woodson leave and seen how many more years he had left in him. i really think ike down the road can follow in woodsons footsteps and become a FS. PLEASE dont let him get away!!

polamalubeast
05-10-2011, 08:24 PM
I'd love to have a secondary of Taylor, Polamalu, Clark, Asomugha.

The 2011 Steelers would be one of the greatest teams of all time.

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

HometownGal
05-10-2011, 08:24 PM
I :pray: that we can find a way to keep Ike here in the black 'n gold. I can't imagine the Steelers D without him. :horror:

polamalubeast
05-10-2011, 08:27 PM
I :pray: that we can find a way to keep Ike here in the black 'n gold. I can't imagine the Steelers D without him. :horror:

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/06/20/00/slideshow_1002061969_5.jpg

:drama::horror::rip::puke::doh2:

JayC
05-10-2011, 08:31 PM
why would anyone want to leave steeler nation? not surprised he wants to be here and i'm glad. willie parker said it himself, there's nothing like playing for the steelers!

7willBheaven
05-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Cool article...not anything new really but definitely a good one. I've been sayin what he said in this article all along...he wants to be here...he wants paid fair...he doesnt want to be greedy or break the bank...and so on. As some people have stated on here and other various online outlets. Ike is a class act and I believe he will be back wearing #24 for the Steelers this season.

zulater
05-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Ike sings one tune, but his agent sings another. If Ike wants to remain a Steeler he'll have to go against the advice of his agent who wants to get every last dollar possible.

steeldevil
05-10-2011, 09:28 PM
Sounds like Ike wants to be a Steeler AND get paid well....

Can't blame him on either account LOL

GBMelBlount
05-10-2011, 10:17 PM
You guys keeping him wouldn't surprise me in the least. He's tailor made for your defense...you represent a good shot at getting to the SB...and he just doesn't strike me as a huge money grubber.

Agreed xfl....hope you are well friend...and nothing would make me happier than trash talking with you come the end of the season....miss the Browns rivalry come playoffs...

Craic
05-10-2011, 10:50 PM
“I call him pops. I don’t even call him Mr. Rooney,” Taylor said. “In my phone I’ve got him under Papa Rooney.”

That is a great line by Ike.

steel striker
05-10-2011, 11:00 PM
I hope ike stays and, i have always liked him. We all know that he has problems catching the ball but, is a solid player.

Steeldude
05-10-2011, 11:39 PM
They know how I feel about the city of Pittsburgh. They know how I feel about the organization.

what a load of crap. it's all about money. just come out and say it.

steelerdude15
05-10-2011, 11:55 PM
I hope we get to keep him; he's been a good member of our defense. He's not even close to being one of the best CBs in the league, but he's been our best.

tihmtahm
05-11-2011, 12:05 AM
I hope we can afford him.