PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Mocks

7willBheaven
05-08-2011, 01:20 PM
I know there is a 2012 thread already...but what I'm going to try to do with this one...is every so often add names to the list throughout the year that various mocks have the Steelers taking. I'm using the Mock Database (that links to various mocks) from walterfootball.com for now.

Most sites either are going by this years draft order...or having the Steelers pick 27th-32nd. If any site has them picking higher than that I will post it next to the pick. Also of course its not guaranteed that all of these guys will enter the draft (if they are underclassmen).

All these mocks are from AFTER the 2011 NFL Draft and up until 5-8-11

Chase Minnifield, CB/KR, Virginia 1st (2 sites have Chase listed) / Kerry Murphy, NT, Alabama 2nd (walts)

Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame (2 sites)

T.J. McDonald, FS, USC

Desmond Trufant, Washington, CB

Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska

Michael Egnew, TE, Missouri 22nd (2 sites)

Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College

Vontaze Burflict, MLB, Arizona State OR Bobbie Massie, OT, Ole Miss - 1st rd - 18th // Matt Reynolds, LT, BYU - 2nd rd
(look at some of the stupid reasons they have them picking this high - http://www.mockdraftmania.com/20110502-2012-nfl-mock-draft-2-rounds )

Shaun Prater, CB/S, Iowa

More will be added later.

7willBheaven
05-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Now I dont know much about any of these...the only name I recognize is Michael Floyd. It would be great to get some input on the rest of them from some that may know more about them now. Thanks

Aussie_steeler
05-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Now I dont know much about any of these...the only name I recognize is Michael Floyd. It would be great to get some input on the rest of them from some that may know more about them now. Thanks

All off the top of my head so I may be off on a few of these.......

Chase Minnifield played on the other side of Ras I Dowling. He is a 5'10 CB. He may not fit the steeler CB system due to his measurables???

I think Desmond Trufant is a relative of Marcus Trufant. (without looking it up I am not sure if they are brothers.....NFL bloodlines)

Kerry Murphy is all world talent who needs to be on the field more, but may not be a true NT for the steelers. More a DE and we are loaded there. The other bama DT might be a better prospect for us ( see 2012 thread.....forgotten his name)

Matt Reynolds will be around 25. He has 3-4 brothers and relatives with O line experience in the NFL. Dad is a coach at BYU. He wont be a superstar but will be a solid pro for years.

Burfict is an interesting one to me. He is projected as a superstar. He plays quick from sideline to sideline and violent and will probably be out of our range in the draft.
He has a bit of Ray Lewis to him, and yes that means he is a bit of a pile jumper

Ask tex about Prater. He will know a fair bit about him.

GitNoLuv
05-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Trufant isn't the only guy with NFL bloodline. Chase Minnefield does have NFL bloodline. His dad used to be a CB for the Browns for a few years back in the day. He was pretty good. ;)

That being said...if the draft shapes up the way the guy does on mockdraftmania (where the Steelers are not in the playoffs)...I like what he's done with the Browns picks. I'd be happy with that trio in the first round.

Texasteel
05-09-2011, 08:18 AM
Prater is a very intelligent player, that knows his job and has been well coached. He has descent straight ahead speed for a CB, 4.48, and probably needs another 10 lb on his frame, 5'11" 180lb. He has a good back pedal, and can change directions quickly. He is a very good tackling CB with 65 and pretty good hands with 4 ints. (2nd on the team) If you watch him play you will notice that he always seems to be in the right place at the right time. He is a disciplined player that will not often get sucked out of position. I think he is made for Dick's defense.

I would love for us to latch onto him. Right now, probably in the 3rd possibly 2nd round, depending on where we pick.

7willBheaven
05-09-2011, 08:54 PM
heres some more...

Kelechi Osemele OT/G....not sure what school/etc he goes to but yeah

Omar Bolden, CB, Arizona State

Texasteel
05-09-2011, 09:09 PM
heres some more...

Kelechi Osemele OT/G....not sure what school/etc he goes to but yeah

Omar Bolden, CB, Arizona State

Osemele go's to Iowa St. and is likely the best OG in next years draft.

7willBheaven
05-10-2011, 12:16 PM
1st Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma / 2nd LaMichael James, RB, Oregon

Courtney Upshaw, ILB, Alabama

GitNoLuv
05-10-2011, 05:33 PM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2012_2.php (round 2)

Pittsburgh Steelers: Kerry Murphy, NT, Alabama
As Emmitt would say, "Casey Hamptons is gettin' long in the mouth." Kerry Murphy would be a quite a bargain at the end of Round 2, and he would project as a solid successor for Hampton.
Thought that was pretty funny actually.

GitNoLuv
05-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Sports Illustrated has this:

32. Pittsburgh Steelers: Alameda Ta'amu, DT, Washington
The 330-pound, four-year starter will be Casey Hampton's replacement.

7willBheaven
05-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Sports Illustrated has this:

32. Pittsburgh Steelers: Alameda Ta'amu, DT, Washington
The 330-pound, four-year starter will be Casey Hampton's replacement.

Thanks for helping out with this....I hope to keep it going with however many names people mock to the Steelers...and maybe look back and see the earliest a certain player WAS mocked to the Steelers that they drafted. I dont care as much as what site/who predicted the picks but just curious to see how many different players get mocked to the Steelers and around what time did people start picking the correct guy.

As far as the Walterfootball.com clip you posted...yeah he always makes fun of Emmit and Al Davis...hahah.

This big boy Ta'amu you mentioned could be interesting...and add another unusual last name to the team hahah

7willBheaven
05-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Jeff Fuller, WR, Texas A&M

7willBheaven
05-12-2011, 01:52 PM
1st - Kelechi Osemele, G, Iowa State / 2nd - Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington (walts)

7willBheaven
05-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia (3rd time I've seen him)

1st - Matt Reynolds, OT, BYU / 2nd - Alameda Ta’amu, NT, Washington (this one is from http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2011/5/12/2166808/2012-nfl-mock-draft-version-2-1 a Steelers site)

taztroy43
05-13-2011, 05:42 PM
What about Monte Te'o ILB N. Dame...this guy is going to compete with Burflict as the best ILB...possibly LB in the 2012 draft....this guy is a very athletic MLB he's 6'2" 250 right now supposidly and he runs in the 4.5/4.6 range...the dude is Samoan and he can probably be the next Farrior in our system...but I understand that we have two guys in our roster with Timmons and Sylvester....

LLT
05-15-2011, 12:33 PM
I like...

OG David DeCastro.... Stanford...6'5 310lbs...If DeCastro comes out next year he should be rated a first round talent and the 2nd best Guard int he draft after Kelechi Osemele of Iowa State.
DT Alameda Ta'amu....Washington...6'3 330lbs ....Not ranked this high yet...but has the ability to climb draft charts as a late 2nd early third round choice.
WR TY Hilton...Florida International...5'10 183lbs...2010 sun belt player of the year... runs a 4.44..he is already FIU all time leader in all purpose yards.
FS Eddie Whitley..Virginia Tech...6'1 190lbs...can play all four of the defensive back slots and is a high character team-player.

Godfather
05-15-2011, 12:41 PM
I like the part about us drafting 32nd.

Texasteel
05-16-2011, 06:56 AM
I like...

OG David DeCastro.... Stanford...6'5 310lbs...If DeCastro comes out next year he should be rated a first round talent and the 2nd best Guard int he draft after Kelechi Osemele of Iowa State.
DT Alameda Ta'amu....Washington...6'3 330lbs ....Not ranked this high yet...but has the ability to climb draft charts as a late 2nd early third round choice.
WR TY Hilton...Florida International...5'10 183lbs...2010 sun belt player of the year... runs a 4.44..he is already FIU all time leader in all purpose yards.
FS Eddie Whitley..Virginia Tech...6'1 190lbs...can play all four of the defensive back slots and is a high character team-player.

Great list buddy. I agree that Ta'amu seems to fit our system better than the other NTs and I am hoping that he doesn't climb past us in the 2nd round. There does seem to be three rated ahead of him right now so I guess we will see.

I think next years draft will depend a lot on the underclassmen. I guess you could say that every year, but next year particularly with the LBers. I think the NTs could be much better than this years. The O-line may not be as deep, but might be a little better at the top, but the LBer need an influx of the underclassmen. IMO. I still think that if the top 4 ILB come out, this very well may be where get our 1st round will be spent.

Florida International always seems to have a WR of interest, don't they.

7willBheaven
05-18-2011, 12:39 PM
1st - Kelechi Osemele, G, Iowa State / 2nd - Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama (walts)

7willBheaven
11-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Not that it matters...I havent been updating this in ages...but I figured I would...for those who care/etc, hahah.

11-3-11

Walts:

1st - 31st: Pittsburgh Steelers: Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State
2nd - 62nd: Pittsburgh Steelers: Dontari Poe, NT, Memphis
3rd - 94th: Pittsburgh Steelers: Donnie Fletcher, CB, Boston College

I liked some of Walt's previous ones over the last couple weeks better than this...plus I dont know much about the last 2 guys.

Charlie Campbell (on Walterfootball.com):

1st - 31st: Pittsburgh Steelers: Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington
2nd - 62nd: Pittsburgh Steelers: Bruce Irvin, DE/OLB, West Virginia
3rd - 94th: Pittsburgh Steelers: Tank Carder, LB, TCU

I hate the last 2 pick in this one...at least the position and round...there needs to be an OL in there (esp OG).

7willBheaven
11-10-2011, 01:50 PM
11-10-11 - Walt's

1st- 30th: Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama
2nd- 62nd: Johnathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
3rd- 93rd: Bobby Massie, OT, Ole Miss

Would rather have an OG instead of OT. I know nothing about Banks either.

Aussie_steeler
11-11-2011, 01:56 AM
Walterfootball - Charlie Campbell mock

1. 25 Ta'amu NT
2. 57 Reynolds OT
3. 88 LaMichael James RB

I am a Reynolds fan, but not in the 2nd.

LaMichael James would see the offense turn into a high octane unit full of lightning speed.

Texasteel
11-11-2011, 05:57 AM
Walterfootball - Charlie Campbell mock

1. 25 Ta'amu NT
2. 57 Reynolds OT
3. 88 LaMichael James RB

I am a Reynolds fan, but not in the 2nd.

LaMichael James would see the offense turn into a high octane unit full of lightning speed.

At 25 we would have a shot at Peter Konz, I know you would like that and so would I.

Ta'amu is slipping bad like and now may give us a real shot at one of 3 NT in the 2nd round. Ta'amu of Washington, Chapman of Alabama, and the Jr. Sylvester Williams of North Carolina.

At pick 88 I could see us going in several directions, but LaMichael James is not one of them. This is where your boy Reynold, or my boy Bergstrom may end up. Want a CB? Shaun Prater, and the two Jr.s Cliff Harris, and Josh Robinson could fall into this area.

Aussie_steeler
11-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Just playing from current nfldraftscout rankings

1.25 Donta Hightower ILB
2.57 Alameda Ta'amu NT
3.89 Kevin Zeitler OG
4. 121 Matt Reynolds OT
5.153 Eddie Whitely FS
6.185 Frank Alexander OLB
7. 217 Josh Chitchester TE

Texasteel
11-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Just playing from current nfldraftscout rankings

1.25 Donta Hightower ILB
2.57 Alameda Ta'amu NT
3.89 Kevin Zeitler OG
4. 121 Matt Reynolds OT
5.153 Eddie Whitely FS
6.185 Frank Alexander OLB
7. 217 Josh Chitchester TE

Replace Frank Alexander with Patrick Witt, QB from Yale, and I could go for this one.

7willBheaven
11-17-2011, 11:43 AM
11-17-11 - Walt's

1st- 31st: Dontari Poe, NT, Memphis
2nd- 63rd: Johnathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
3rd- 94th: Bobby Massie, OT, Ole Miss

Not much changed in this one...only the 1st rounder.

LLT
11-21-2011, 09:51 AM
1st round: NT Jerel Worthy, Michigan State, 6'3 310- I absolutely love this kid. Vocal...smart...defensive playcaller...great work ethic and high energy player. This is the year that we finally bring youth to the NT position.

2nd round: OT Levy Adcock, Oklahoma State, 6'5 322-The first thing that sticks out with Adcock is that he has very good knee bend and a pretty good kick slide. Good initial punch. Seems to steer defenders instead of overpowering them but rarely lets the defender into the backfield.

3rd round: OG Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin, 6'4 318- Already a site favorite. Strong LG prospect who shows good athleticism and understands leverage. if a line coach can teach him to keep his head up and work on his initial step...he could be an elite prospect.

4th round: ILB James-Michael Johnson, Nevada, 6'1 240- The best player on the Wolfpack team....opponants game planned around him and he will still walk away from college with 36.5 TFL. Tenacious player who will bring youth to the ILB corps when Farrior and Foote step aside.

5th round: FS Eddie Whitley, Virginia Tech, 6'0 200- Great character kid with good instincts. Can play anywhere in the defensive backfield. A steal in the fifth round.

6th round: QB Patrick Witt, Yale, 6'3 220- Has a career pass completion rate of over 60%. Much like Locker last year in that his numbers (especially his interception numbers) need to be looked at in light of the players that surrounded him. Had a 109.59 effeciency rating in 2010.

7th round: OG Brandon Brooks, Miami (Ohio), 6'4 343- Big RG prospect who has been hampered since spring with injuries. Now healthy and has the ability to dominate. Good gamble for a 7th round prospect.

Texasteel
11-21-2011, 11:16 AM
I love this draft Perry. It would strengthen both lines and give us an ILB that would help to take the sting out of an aging LBing corp. I also like the back half of the draft. I Could see this entire draft making the team and being a productive part of it. Now we just have to sit and watch all these kids move up in ranking. You know that is going to happen.

I also agree that this is the year for us to pick up our future NT.

LLT
11-21-2011, 11:51 AM
I love this draft Perry. It would strengthen both lines and give us an ILB that would help to take the sting out of an aging LBing corp. I also like the back half of the draft. I Could see this entire draft making the team and being a productive part of it. Now we just have to sit and watch all these kids move up in ranking. You know that is going to happen.

I also agree that this is the year for us to pick up our future NT.

I love Worthy!!!! If he is the only player that I get right this year I will do back flips....I think he is going to be special!!!!!

But you know that I also have a man crush on James-Michael Johnson.

Texasteel
11-21-2011, 04:11 PM
I love Worthy!!!! If he is the only player that I get right this year I will do back flips....I think he is going to be special!!!!!

But you know that I also have a man crush on James-Michael Johnson.

And you know I have fallen in love with Zietler, but I agree Worthy is the one must get for us. I hope you hit on this one like you did last year.

I was also glad to see someone else pick up on Witt. I thing the kid has game.

steelerdude15
11-24-2011, 11:04 PM
I've been looking into draft prospects as well and I really like David DeCastro from Stanford. He plays right guard and is a good pass protector and makes holes for the running game. He seems to be pretty powerful and usually doesn't get beat which is something that this team needs. He also pulls very well for the run game. Here's a link to his profile on CBS: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1631907/david-decastro
Here's also a video showing his positive and negative in three games from the 2010 season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8I56-rnbZ8

7willBheaven
11-26-2011, 10:13 PM
11-24-11 - Walt's

2nd- 63rd: Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
3rd- 94th: Bobby Massie, OT, Ole Miss

Not much has changed...just a different DB in the 2nd.

XxKnightxX
11-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Heres my Mock.

1st- NT
2nd- LB
3rd- LB
4th- LB
5th- LB
6th- LB
7th- OG
:rofl2:

:behindsofa: :bolt:

Godfather
11-28-2011, 03:18 PM
My shopping list is:

NT (need to draft and groom the next Big Snack)
SS (there will never be another Troy but we need a serviceable replacement in the next couple of years)
RB (very deep position so we might as well let someone else overpay Mendy)
OG (position badly in need of an upgrade)

7willBheaven
12-01-2011, 11:55 PM
12-1-11 - Walt's

2nd- 63rd: Johnathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
3rd- 94th: Ricky Wagner, OT, Wisconsin

Hey finally someone new in his draft for the Steelers...the 3rd rounder...another OT...no clue about him either...but I'd rather have an OG myself.

7willBheaven
12-09-2011, 12:39 PM
12-8-11 - Walt's

1st- 31st: Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State
2nd- 63rd: Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington

12-9-11 - Charlie Campbell

1st- 27th: Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington
2nd- 59th: Lamar Miller, RB, Miami
3rd- 90th: Derek Wolfe, DT, Cincinnati

This is one of the crappiest mocks I've seen...I have no idea why Charlie has no OL/etc...but TWO DL? WTF

XxKnightxX
12-09-2011, 09:32 PM
12-8-11 - Walt's

12-9-11 - Charlie Campbell

1st- 27th: Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington
2nd- 59th: Lamar Miller, RB, Miami
3rd- 90th: Derek Wolfe, DT, Cincinnati

This is one of the crappiest mocks I've seen...I have no idea why Charlie has no OL/etc...but TWO DL? WTF

I LIKE this guy. He is a leader just by watching him play, and hes got a mean streak. Not sure how he is regarding coverage but the guy can run downhill and just blast through blocks and make the tackle.

st33lersguy
12-09-2011, 10:00 PM
12-8-11 - Walt's

What an excellent first two rounds that would be for the Steelers.

7willBheaven
12-15-2011, 12:27 PM
12-15-11 - Walt's

No changes again...

Aussie_steeler
12-15-2011, 02:09 PM
Burfict does not fit the brief that is needed. When a ILB is taken in the first two rounds be assured that they will have a brain between their ears.

Burfict has a pea for a brain and he is a 15 yard penalty in the making every time he takes a snap.

Hightower, Keuchly, Teo and even Upshaw are higher on that wish list.

Texasteel
12-17-2011, 06:23 AM
1st round: NT Jerel Worthy, Michigan State, 6'3 310- I absolutely love this kid. Vocal...smart...defensive playcaller...great work ethic and high energy player. This is the year that we finally bring youth to the NT position.

2nd round: OT Levy Adcock, Oklahoma State, 6'5 322-The first thing that sticks out with Adcock is that he has very good knee bend and a pretty good kick slide. Good initial punch. Seems to steer defenders instead of overpowering them but rarely lets the defender into the backfield.

3rd round: OG Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin, 6'4 318- Already a site favorite. Strong LG prospect who shows good athleticism and understands leverage. if a line coach can teach him to keep his head up and work on his initial step...he could be an elite prospect.

4th round: ILB James-Michael Johnson, Nevada, 6'1 240- The best player on the Wolfpack team....opponants game planned around him and he will still walk away from college with 36.5 TFL. Tenacious player who will bring youth to the ILB corps when Farrior and Foote step aside.

5th round: FS Eddie Whitley, Virginia Tech, 6'0 200- Great character kid with good instincts. Can play anywhere in the defensive backfield. A steal in the fifth round.

6th round: QB Patrick Witt, Yale, 6'3 220- Has a career pass completion rate of over 60%. Much like Locker last year in that his numbers (especially his interception numbers) need to be looked at in light of the players that surrounded him. Had a 109.59 effeciency rating in 2010.

7th round: OG Brandon Brooks, Miami (Ohio), 6'4 343- Big RG prospect who has been hampered since spring with injuries. Now healthy and has the ability to dominate. Good gamble for a 7th round prospect.

The more I watch us play, the more I like this draft. I would make a couple of changes though.

In the second I would draft OG Kevin Zeitler. I don't think he will last to a late 3rd round pick, and if we can't get DeCastro, or Glenn, I want this kid.

In the third I would like OT Tony Bergstrom out of Utah.

I the seventh I would like to see us take a shot at Broderick Binns, DE for Iowa. I think he could play OLB for us, a better player than some think.

Devilsdancefloor
12-17-2011, 08:46 AM
1st - Kelechi Osemele,OG i like this kid A LOT (i dont think decastro will be there when we pick)
alt pick 1st Barrett Jones OG

7willBheaven
12-22-2011, 07:37 PM
12-22-11 - Walt's

1st- 27th: Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama
2nd- 59th: Lucas Nix, G, Pittsburgh
3rd- 90th: Donnie Fletcher, CB, Boston College

First rounder doesnt seem bad...though I'd rather use the 1st on an OL, second rounder no clue about him and I dont think we take another CB that high.

7willBheaven
12-23-2011, 11:44 AM
12-23-11 - Charlie Campbell

1st- 29th: Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, Florida State
2nd- 61st: Chris Polk, RB, Washington
3rd- 92nd: Winston Guy, Jr., S, Kentucky

This Charlie guy just doesnt know what he's doing. An OLB is the least of the teams worries right now, they have Worilds (Harrisons eventual replacement) and Carter has some potential too. Yes they've had injuries/etc this year...but its not that big of a need. The only pick as far as position that I could agree with here is S...beyond that Charlies Steeler's picks continue to suck big time.

7willBheaven
12-29-2011, 03:23 PM
12-29-11 - Walt's

1st- 27th: Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona State
2nd- 59th: Chris Polk, RB, Washington
3rd- 90th: Senio Kelemete, G, Washington

First time I've seen this Senio guy....anybody know anything about him?

Texasteel
12-29-2011, 05:08 PM
12-29-11 - Walt's

1st- 27th: Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona State
2nd- 59th: Chris Polk, RB, Washington
3rd- 90th: Senio Kelemete, G, Washington

First time I've seen this Senio guy....anybody know anything about him?

The only thing I know about him is what I have read. I may forget something so I hope someone that has seen him will chime in.

Played DT his SO year but switched to OG as a Jr. and played in that position for most if not all the games. Played LT this year but had an ankle injury late in the season, I don't know how bad it was. May be a little smaller than the Steelers would like, 6'3"-300 lbs., but is very strong, not particularly quick, but is suppose to move well in the box. I think he was All Pac 10 honorable mention the last 2 years. Right now is figured to be a late 3rd early 4th round pick.
Might be one to watch at the combines.

7willBheaven
12-30-2011, 01:54 AM
12-30-11 - Charlie Campbell

1st- 29th: Ronnell Lewis, OLB/DE, Oklahoma
2nd- 61st: Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin
3rd- 92nd: Tank Carder, LB, TCU

Once again Charlie proves he doesnt know much about the Steelers (I know these "experts" dont know everything about all teams...but most teams biggest needs are easy to tell)...picking TWO LBs in the first 3 rounds and an RB...WTF? The 3rd round LB I might not have a problem with but the other picks one needs to be an OL and the other who knows...but this guys Steelers mocks suck!

st33lersguy
12-30-2011, 10:06 AM
12-30-11 - Charlie Campbell

1st- 29th: Ronnell Lewis, OLB/DE, Oklahoma
2nd- 61st: Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin
3rd- 92nd: Tank Carder, LB, TCU

Once again Charlie proves he doesnt know much about the Steelers (I know these "experts" dont know everything about all teams...but most teams biggest needs are easy to tell)...picking TWO LBs in the first 3 rounds and an RB...WTF? The 3rd round LB I might not have a problem with but the other picks one needs to be an OL and the other who knows...but this guys Steelers mocks suck!

I am thankful that Charlie Campbell does not run the Steelers organization. No OL or NT in the first 3 rounds?!? Is he serious? Does he know anything about the Steelers? He is probably thinking "Let's not have them worry about a NT, all of their NTs are only in their mid 30s and they seem fine at OL, Maurkice Pouncey is an elite O-lineman, they are fine there". His reason for drafting a RB is so devoid of logic, it amazes me, it is bad enough that the Steelers might draft a RB because he MIGHT be gone NEXT YEAR, but he forgets the Steelers already have other quality running backs.

Steeltreal
01-02-2012, 09:38 PM
My question is where is this team playing Willie Colon next year? RT , RG? Gilbert hasn't shown hes ready for LT and putting him at guard wouldnt make sense in favor of Colon at RT. LT is the #1 need on the OL IMO

7willBheaven
01-04-2012, 01:13 AM
My question is where is this team playing Willie Colon next year? RT , RG? Gilbert hasn't shown hes ready for LT and putting him at guard wouldnt make sense in favor of Colon at RT. LT is the #1 need on the OL IMO

I think it all hinges on what happens with Starks. If they re-sign him...thats when the "log jam" at OT is created, where it would be awesome if Colon could go to OG. If he doesnt come back then Gilbert goes to LT and Colon back to RT.

Chidi29
01-04-2012, 04:24 AM
The only thing I know about him is what I have read. I may forget something so I hope someone that has seen him will chime in.

Played DT his SO year but switched to OG as a Jr. and played in that position for most if not all the games. Played LT this year but had an ankle injury late in the season, I don't know how bad it was. May be a little smaller than the Steelers would like, 6'3"-300 lbs., but is very strong, not particularly quick, but is suppose to move well in the box. I think he was All Pac 10 honorable mention the last 2 years. Right now is figured to be a late 3rd early 4th round pick.
Might be one to watch at the combines.

Hmm, when I've watched him, I've gotten a completely different outlook. He's a guy that moves well in space and can get to the second level with ease but he isn't a strong run blocker. A trait that is hard to hide in an offensive lineman. I'm not sure where he'll be projected to go, but right now I see him as just a 5th/6th rounder for a zone blocking scheme.

st33lersguy
01-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Walt's mock 1-04-11 Round 4 added

1st round- Dont'a Hightower ILB Alabama
2nd round- Alameda Ta'amu NT Washington
3rd round- Montee Ball RB Wisconsin
4th round- Nigel Bradham LB Florida St

Good other than the delusion that Pittsburgh needs to draft a RB with all the able RBs the Steelers already have and the fact that he doesn't have Pittsburgh drafting an offensive lineman despite how much he talks about Pittsburgh needing protection

Aussie_steeler
01-05-2012, 05:54 AM
Walt's mock 1-04-11 Round 4 added

1st round- Dont'a Hightower ILB Alabama
2nd round- Alameda Ta'amu NT Washington
3rd round- Montee Ball RB Wisconsin
4th round- Nigel Bradham LB Florida St

Good other than the delusion that Pittsburgh needs to draft a RB with all the able RBs the Steelers already have and the fact that he doesn't have Pittsburgh drafting an offensive lineman despite how much he talks about Pittsburgh needing protection

No O line picks in the first 4 rounds is more than a little unrealistic.

Dont have a problem with Hightower.
Ta'amu hurt his stock in the bowl game and is losing ground. ( and I still believe that Ziggy Hood is the next NT when Casey goes)
Doesnt matter how many RB's you have if you have inferior guards.

I like looking at mocks but Walters is way off the mark so far for the 2012 mocks

Texasteel
01-05-2012, 07:44 AM
No O line picks in the first 4 rounds is more than a little unrealistic.

Dont have a problem with Hightower.
Ta'amu hurt his stock in the bowl game and is losing ground. ( and I still believe that Ziggy Hood is the next NT when Casey goes)
Doesnt matter how many RB's you have if you have inferior guards.

I like looking at mocks but Walters is way off the mark so far for the 2012 mocks

I love Hightower, and it would not break my heart to see him in Black and Gold next year, but after watching Cordy Glenn yet one more time I am leaning in his direction. He has done a good job at LT, but I still see his future at OG for us. I would say that my 3 favorite 1st round picks, right now, would be Glenn, Hightower, and Worthy. I hope that one of them will be available.

If you see Ziggy as our future NT do you think we might go after another talented DE in this draft?

I have always seen Walters as entertainment, and I like reading it, but they do seen to be off on a lot of their talent evaluations, along with their mocks. I'm not saying that they are awful, just that I think there are sites that are much better.

Chidi29
01-05-2012, 07:50 AM
I'm not too sure about us moving Ziggy. It makes sense and I'd feel more comfortable about it now than I did when he was drafted but he's down an excellent job at end and has logged nearly all his playing time there.

I've always been against making more switches than needed to fix a problem.

st33lersguy
01-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Charlie Campbell 1-06-11

1st round- Lamar Miller RB Miami (:crazy: :doh2:)
2nd round- Alameda Ta'amu NT Washington (Good)
3rd round- Tank Carder ILB TCU (OK)

No offensive linemen (:crazy: :doh2:)

Aussie_steeler
01-07-2012, 04:13 AM
My top list of first round(realistic) candidates has always included:

* Hightower ILB
* Adams OT
* Konz OG

I am fearful that Cordy Glenn will be another Herman Johnson. 350lb O lineman entering the draft scare me, because I can only see one way for their weight to go.

OT Zebrie Sanders is a guy who may get some looks from the steeler scouts however I think there is one standout O lineman that will attract serious attention over the upcoming months of evaluation.

I think Brandon Washington is going to climb into serious first round contention and he may well be the perfect candidate for the 2012 draft.

Here is a scouting report to consider for this 6'4 320" Jnr who has played OG and OT

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/college_player_scouting_report.html&player=50395

Texasteel
01-07-2012, 06:55 AM
Personally, I don't see much Herman Johnson in Glenn. Every time I watched Johnson play I though he was soft and lazy, with bad footwork. I see Glenn more like a better Marcus Cannon. Glenn has done a good job at LT this year, and seems to understand his assignments better, plus looks to get into the 2nd level better. I don't think I ever saw Glenn forced backward no matter who he was going against.

Konz, who did declare for the draft, is looking more and more attractive with the problems Pouncey is having right now. Konz is talked about as a OG, but don't forget, he is also the best OC in the draft as well. Nice call on this one early Aussie. I also like his partner Zeitler very much.

This looks to be a deep draft at OG, and I think a deeper draft at players that could play NT than we have seen in some time. That alone could make Hightower, if available, more attractive to the Steelers.

Chidi29
01-07-2012, 06:58 AM
And for a man that is as big as Glenn is, he sure moves well. Both in space and laterally in pass protection.

Aussie_steeler
01-07-2012, 08:19 PM
I liked the 2010 Cordy Glenn (#71) played LG and looked 20 - 30 lighter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdhAXAoToGs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR17zu7i5z0&feature=related

In 2011 he looked significantly bigger and slower whilst playing LT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dthFeAS70I&feature=related

I am just apprehensive about huge O linemen

7willBheaven
01-12-2012, 12:05 AM
Walts 1-11-12 - First time with 4 rounds.

1st - 24th - Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama
2nd - 56th - Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington
3rd - 87th - Bernard Pierce, RB, Temple
4th - 119th - Tony Bergstrom, OT, Utah

2 decent picks to start...though an OG needs to be in there still. And for the comment(s) about Walters site/etc. I know he it isnt perfect (a lot of sites arent) but I know its one a LOT of people reference and such...and he does a lot of mocks (compared to most sites) and its just fun to look over the months who he's had going to the Steelers and then see who they actually pick and such.

7willBheaven
01-14-2012, 11:46 PM
Charlies 1-14-12

1st - 24th - Vontaze Burfict, MLB, Arizona State
2nd - 56th - David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech (no...esp when there are at least 3 solid NTs after this in his mock)
3rd - 87th - Bruce Irvin, DE/OLB, West Virginia (he does on to say the Steelers could use a young pass rushing OLB REALLY??)
4th - 119th - Lonnie Edwards, G, Texas Tech (wow he FINALLY picks a much needed OG...never heard of this guy though)

Steeltreal
01-15-2012, 12:16 AM
Redman , Mendenhall , Dwyer , Batch , Clay , "Chad Spann"...

Aussie_steeler
01-15-2012, 01:52 AM
Charlies 1-14-12

1st - 24th - Vontaze Burfict, MLB, Arizona State
2nd - 56th - David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech (no...esp when there are at least 3 solid NTs after this in his mock)
3rd - 87th - Bruce Irvin, DE/OLB, West Virginia (he does on to say the Steelers could use a young pass rushing OLB REALLY??)
4th - 119th - Lonnie Edwards, G, Texas Tech (wow he FINALLY picks a much needed OG...never heard of this guy though)

Charlie has absolutely zero idea about the steelers. Burfict is zero chance of being the steelers pick at #24

Wilson might be a player but the steelers arent going to have a Round 1 and Round 2 RB on the roster. Redman has earned the right to replace Mendenhall if he is not retained for contract 2

7willBheaven
01-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Walts 1-19-12 - First time with 4 rounds.

4th - 119th - Senio Kelemete, G, Washington

One of his better mocks...however I'd like to see a G taken higher and no RB..but thats just me...maybe replace the RB with a S and we have a winner!

st33lersguy
01-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Walts 1-19-12 - First time with 4 rounds.

4th - 119th - Senio Kelemete, G, Washington

One of his better mocks...however I'd like to see a G taken higher and no RB..but thats just me...maybe replace the RB with a S and we have a winner!

Yeah, or better yet replace RB with G and G with safety. It amazes me how much he talks about the importance of keeping Ben healthy yet does not have us drafting an O-lineman in the 1st 3 rounds for months while he definitely has never watched Issac Redman play. Redman and the other RBs who have shown promise make RB a non need even with Mendenhall's ACL

lilyoder6
01-19-2012, 03:38 PM
def dont understand why ppl think the steelers will draft a rb pretty high in the draft.. esp w, the ppl we alrdy have on the roster... i wouldnt doubt the steelers drafting a fast, quick scat back so see if he will pan out.. but hopefully thats batch nxt yr

7willBheaven
01-19-2012, 04:01 PM
Yeah, or better yet replace RB with G and G with safety. It amazes me how much he talks about the importance of keeping Ben healthy yet does not have us drafting an O-lineman in the 1st 3 rounds for months while he definitely has never watched Issac Redman play. Redman and the other RBs who have shown promise make RB a non need even with Mendenhall's ACL

Exactly. Any combo of those 3rd/4th picks with OG/S (based on his mock of course). And i agree with the rest of what you said too. Though I give most of these "experts" or whatever a pass...especially the non-Steeler fans/etc...when they do mocks for the entire draft. They're a lot of work and they may not be 100% up on things with every team...kinda like that Charlie guy...he's terrible.

7willBheaven
01-23-2012, 04:46 PM
Charlie Campbell's - 1-23-12

2nd - 56th - David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech
3rd - 87th - Bruce Irvin, DE/OLB, West Virginia
4th - 119th - Mike Martin, DT/DE, Michigan

Once again the stupidity of Charlie shows through when it comes to the Steelers. No OL, no NT, are you friggin kidding me?

st33lersguy
01-23-2012, 05:06 PM
Charlie Campbell's - 1-23-12

3rd - 87th - Bruce Irvin, DE/OLB, West Virginia
4th - 119th - Mike Martin, DT/DE, Michigan

Once again the stupidity of Charlie shows through when it comes to the Steelers. No OL, no NT, are you friggin kidding me?

He had Josh Chapman going to the Texans two picks after the Steelers' 2nd round pick. If this mock draft comes true I am going to assume that Matt Millen hijacked the Steelers' war room

Aussie_steeler
01-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Lets change it to read

1. Donta Hightower ILB
2. Josh Chapman NT
3. Brandon Washinton OG
4. Sean Spence ( pick him to play SS. He has a great football instinct - he is too good to pass up at this point in the draft)

Aussie_steeler
01-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Who would you rank higher: Hightower or Rolando Mcclain? Id rather see Burfict Im tired of slow linebackers

I think we need a smart linebacker. Burfict may be faster, but I cannot see him captaining this defence.

In 2010 I would have had Hightower ranked in front of McClain in all aspects. Then he shredded his knee and I think he lost the physical edge to McClain.
I think Hightower may well be a better leader and footballer

I am not convinced that Timmons can replace Farrior as the defensive playcaller. Thats why I would be happy to take a Keuchly, Hightower, Acho or Neilsen in rounds 1 - 4.

Texasteel
01-23-2012, 08:32 PM
I agree with Aussie. If we draft Burfict get ready for a bunch of unsportsmanlike conduct, and roughing the passer penalties. He is one play I don't think I want.

Steeltreal
01-23-2012, 09:11 PM
http://usc.ocregister.com/files/2011/09/barkley-burfict.0927.jpg Like this ? LOL

Aussie_steeler
01-23-2012, 09:18 PM
He got benched in his last bowl game. Granted I think the other team targetted him and really got under his skin, but he lost his cool, ran up some dumb penalties and became a liability to his defensive teammates.

I think he falls into the second on all teams draft boards.

I will go out on a limb now and say that Burfict will be picked by the raiders. Put him near Rolando McClain and let him fly around and use his pure athleticism. I will even go as far to say that the raiders will trade back up into the first round with the pats to ensure that they get him. Al Davis may be gone but I can still imagine a little raider draft day lunacy.

Chidi29
01-23-2012, 09:20 PM
Still want Zeitler as it stands right now. Get a quality LG and when healthy, realizing it's a big if, the line will be fine. I have no qualms of a 2012 starting lineup of: Gilbert, Zeitler, Pouncey, Foster, Colon. Essex and a low-level FA as a backup tackle as your backups on gamedays.

st33lersguy
01-23-2012, 09:34 PM
Lets change it to read

1. Donta Hightower ILB
2. Josh Chapman NT
3. Brandon Washinton OG
4. Sean Spence ( pick him to play SS. He has a great football instinct - he is too good to pass up at this point in the draft)

:thumbsup:

Chidi29
01-23-2012, 09:35 PM
He got benched in his last bowl game. Granted I think the other team targetted him and really got under his skin, but he lost his cool, ran up some dumb penalties and became a liability to his defensive teammates.

I think he falls into the second on all teams draft boards.

I will go out on a limb now and say that Burfict will be picked by the raiders. Put him near Rolando McClain and let him fly around and use his pure athleticism. I will even go as far to say that the raiders will trade back up into the first round with the pats to ensure that they get him. Al Davis may be gone but I can still imagine a little raider draft day lunacy.

But if someone can get him under control, and I don't think Erickson was a great candidate especially after the Sun Devils' season tanked and he knew he was gone, they're going to have a heck of a player. Because from the physical standpoint, he's a top prospect.

86WARD
01-23-2012, 09:54 PM
No thanks on the LB with the first round pick...

Texasteel
01-24-2012, 07:20 AM
Still want Zeitler as it stands right now. Get a quality LG and when healthy, realizing it's a big if, the line will be fine. I have no qualms of a 2012 starting lineup of: Gilbert, Zeitler, Pouncey, Foster, Colon. Essex and a low-level FA as a backup tackle as your backups on gamedays.

I love the Zeitler kid as well bud, but think he will be moving up to the point that we may need to move up in the 3rd or pick him in the 2nd, which would be alright with me. Hell I have even see him mock in the 1st round.

I am still not comfortable with the OT position, haven't been for years. If we don't pick one, like Adams, in the 1st, I hope we can find one in the 3rd round.

Iron Steeler
01-24-2012, 08:06 AM
How we looking for olive talent in the first 2round rounds?

Iron Steeler
01-24-2012, 08:06 AM
Oline*

LLT
01-24-2012, 10:13 AM
How we looking for o-line talent in the first 2round rounds?

Great question.

I think we will take a NT with one of our first two picks...two o-linemen in the first three rounds....and possibly three o-linemen all together with a late round developmental o-line prospect.

Here is a break down of O-linemen that should be available in the first two rounds and/or also warrant consideration in the first two rounds.

Offensive Tackles:

1) Matt Kalil -Wont be there when we pick
2) Riley Reiff - Wont be there when we pick
3) Jonathan Martin- Wont be there when we pick
4) Zebrie Sanders- Mixed reviews...I dont like him. Good character but is a waist bender and sluggish
5) Mike Adams-If we take a OT in the first round...he is the most likely prospect. I like this kid alot.
6) Bobby Massie- Draft board riser that several of us liked early on and hoped he would be there in the 4-5 round. 2nd round prospect
7) Nate Potter- 2nd round developmental prospect...Excellent skills but would need a year to add 20-30 lbs and some strength....Good payoff for a patient team.

Offensive Guards:

1) David DeCastro- Possibly the best O-lineman in this draft. Long gone before we pick
2) Cordy Glenn- good prospect and may be there. Boom or Bust prospect who's weight scares me a bit.
3) Brandon Washington- One of those prospects that might slip through the cracks. Not good enough for the #24 oveall pick....but wont be there when we pick in the 2nd.
4) Kelechi Osemele - Same might be said here...great value if he lasts until our pick in the second round. Might climb draft boards before then,
5) Kevin Zeitler- Possibly my second favorite Guard prospect this year (Behind DeCastro)...another prospect who might climb before draft day.
6) Amini Silatolu- Light on his feet for a big guy...I like him...Small school prospect who looks quick in a phone booth..if not on the move. Could be a draft day steal

Steeltreal
01-24-2012, 12:06 PM
1) David DeCastro- Possibly the best O-lineman in this draft. Long gone before we pick
18 looks like the ideal spot for a trade up. Anything higher would cost to much.

LLT
01-24-2012, 01:01 PM
18 looks like the ideal spot for a trade up. Anything higher would cost to much.

The only problem with that is that I dont see DeCastro making it to the 18th pick...and the talent level at Guard this year goes deep into the third round. I'm not sure if I would take Decastro and potentially give up a Adams/Zeitler tandem.

Iron Steeler
01-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Thanks LLT that's the exact answer I was looking for

Iron Steeler
01-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Now I know who to evaluate :-)

Aussie_steeler
01-24-2012, 02:41 PM
Great question.

I think we will take a NT with one of our first two picks...two o-linemen in the first three rounds....and possibly three o-linemen all together with a late round developmental o-line prospect.

Here is a break down of O-linemen that should be available in the first two rounds and/or also warrant consideration in the first two rounds.

Offensive Tackles:

4) Zebrie Sanders- Mixed reviews...I dont like him. Good character but is a waist bender and sluggish
5) Mike Adams-If we take a OT in the first round...he is the most likely prospect. I like this kid alot.
6) Bobby Massie- Draft board riser that several of us liked early on and hoped he would be there in the 4-5 round. 2nd round prospect
7) Nate Potter- 2nd round developmental prospect...Excellent skills but would need a year to add 20-30 lbs and some strength....Good payoff for a patient team.

Offensive Guards:

2) Cordy Glenn- good prospect and may be there. Boom or Bust prospect who's weight scares me a bit.
3) Brandon Washington- One of those prospects that might slip through the cracks. Not good enough for the #24 oveall pick....but wont be there when we pick in the 2nd.
4) Kelechi Osemele - Same might be said here...great value if he lasts until our pick in the second round. Might climb draft boards before then,
5) Kevin Zeitler- Possibly my second favorite Guard prospect this year (Behind DeCastro)...another prospect who might climb before draft day.
6) Amini Silatolu- Light on his feet for a big guy...I like him...Small school prospect who looks quick in a phone booth..if not on the move. Could be a draft day steal

I would agree with LLT in most areas.

Have to also consider at least two other O linemen that are genuine candidates in the first 3 rounds.

Peter Konz OC Wisconsin 6'5 320" - Like Maurkice Pouncey he is a genuine OG prospect that will go in round 1
Ben Jones OC Georgia 6'3 310" - may also get looks as a OC / OG in round 2
Michael Brewster OC Ohio State 6'4 320" - will sneak into round 3 calculations and would be another good NFL OG

By all reports Brandon Brooks OG Miami (Ohio) 6'5 340" was a dominant force at the East West Shrine game. He may be worth a look now in rounds 3 - 4

OT's that are worth a look beyond the first 2 rounds are:
Levy Adcock - Oklahoma State ( sliding down boards for some reason. was originally considered a 2nd rounder)
Andrew Datko - FSU (coming off injury)
Matt Reynolds - BYU ( an older prospect but well coached and capable of handling multiple positions)
Matt McCants, Tony Bergstrom and Brandon Mosley are also big bodies that fit the steelers OT profile

LLT
01-25-2012, 01:19 PM
I would agree with LLT in most areas.

Have to also consider at least two other O linemen that are genuine candidates in the first 3 rounds.

Peter Konz OC Wisconsin 6'5 320" - Like Maurkice Pouncey he is a genuine OG prospect that will go in round 1
Ben Jones OC Georgia 6'3 310" - may also get looks as a OC / OG in round 2
Michael Brewster OC Ohio State 6'4 320" - will sneak into round 3 calculations and would be another good NFL OG

Your exactly correct Aussie...I completely didnt look at my OC rankings...and I actually like Konz as a OG for us, so I dont know where my head was!

By all reports Brandon Brooks OG Miami (Ohio) 6'5 340" was a dominant force at the East West Shrine game. He may be worth a look now in rounds 3 - 4

You know...Brooks was the big guy that I had as a 7th round sleeper early this year....hoping he would be overlooked due to his early injury. Happens to us every year. Im happy for the kid...he made himself some money at the the game.

Aussie_steeler
01-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Reports from the shrine game indicate that Matt Reynolds played LT and he got abused by the speed rushers.

This will see his draft stock tumble. He will be now viewed as purely an OG and he will be a day 3 prospect only.

Chidi29
01-25-2012, 02:42 PM
Reports from the shrine game indicate that Matt Reynolds played LT and he got abused by the speed rushers.

This will see his draft stock tumble. He will be now viewed as purely an OG and he will be a day 3 prospect only.

Which is even worse because he lost weight for the purpose of being able to handle edge rushes.

7willBheaven
01-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Walts 1-25-12 - A day early this time

(Cordy Glenn, G, Georgia; Dontari Poe, NT, Memphis; Zebrie Sanders, OT, Florida State; Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama; Kelechi Osemele, G, Iowa State - were still available)

(Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin was still available here)

(Audie Cole, ILB, N.C. State; Michael Brewster, C, Ohio State; Senio Kelemete, G, Washington - all still available here...I know ILB was picked in the first, but they could easily have changed it to another position)

4th - 119th - Tony Bergstrom, OT, Utah

The Duke
01-25-2012, 08:11 PM

well that blows. He's the one tackle I've been hoping we get....

Any chance Lucas Nix rises? If we miss out on a guard in 1-2 that's one guy we can't let go in the 3rd

Shoes
01-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Great question.

Offensive Tackles:

Offensive Guards:

Always enjoyable LTT....what are your thoughts on a NT at this point? Are you still thinking Worthy?

LLT
01-26-2012, 09:26 AM
Always enjoyable LTT....what are your thoughts on a NT at this point? Are you still thinking Worthy?

DT's that I like for our system:

Jerel Worthy, Michigan State.... 6'3 310....mid 1st round pick...great motor and strength...vocal team leader...hard worker...probably scooped up early by a 4-3 team.
Dontari Poe, Memphis....6'5 350....should be there at #24....stats are only credible but decieving...demanded double teams, allowing teammates to get to ballcarrier.
Brandon Thompson, Clemson....6'2 311....scary strong prospect...great burst off the ball...Not worth the #24 spot but wont last past mid 2nd.
Josh Chapman, Alabama...6'1 310....Might be in demand for 4-3 team. Great strength...demands the double team...tough as nails..I would take him at #24.
Alameda Ta'amu, Washington...6'3 341...Some boards have him as a 3rd rounder due to nagging injuries...my favorite 2nd round NT prospect...strong...explosive of the snap.
Hebron Fangupo, Brigham Young...6'1 331...If we go with O-line in first two rounds.. might be our 3rd round pick...gets upright, but coachable...strong...could be a steal.
Akiem Hicks, Regina...6'5 324...DT/DE tweener....impressed at east/west shrine game....character concerns...not explosive...seems rather stiff and slow to me.
Nicolas Jean-Baptiste...Baylor...6'2 335...Developmental prospect... worth a look in the late rounds...needs coached up on hand placement and keeping his pads lower.
Ishmaa'ily Kitchen, Kent State...6'3 334...UDFA sleeper....had an injured elbow his senior year...not on most draft boards yet...but could rise based on post season workouts.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-26-2012, 02:48 PM
Nice breakdown LLT, got to say I am liking what I see from Osemele at the Sr Bowl this week. Think he is a solid guard prospect, but could play RT if Colon does not recover well from injury.

Sanders is up and down. Not sure I would spend a pick on a RT at #24 in him. I think overrated.

Ta'amu looks sluggish, like he is carrying more weight than he needs to. I think he may slip to the top of the 3rd round.

I'd be happy if we got Poe, Osemele, Tank Carder with our first 3 picks.

Shoes
01-26-2012, 09:21 PM
Good stuff LLT....thanks! Looks like Casey is getting ACL surgery after all.

El....do you think we'll keep Colon?

Galax Steeler
01-27-2012, 07:18 AM
24. Pittsburgh Steelers: Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama
56. Pittsburgh Steelers: Almadela Ta'amu, NT, Washington
87. Pittsburgh Steelers: D'Anton Lynn, CB, Penn State
125. Pittsburgh Steelers: Terrance Ganaway, RB/FB, Baylor
155. Pittsburgh Steelers: Trenton Robinson, FS, Michigan State
187. Pittsburgh Steelers: Al Netter, OT, Northwestern
217. Pittsburgh Steelers: Ben Burkett, C, Northwestern

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Good stuff LLT....thanks! Looks like Casey is getting ACL surgery after all.

El....do you think we'll keep Colon?

I think so. Colon signed a new contract last year and should be able to come back from his tricep injury. I think they will look to give Gilbert the shot at LT unless somebody drops there in the Draft. Osemele has the flexibility to play G or RT that I think would be useful. I am one of the biggest O line proponents here, but honestly think NT is the biggest need for the team unless they find a Free Agent.

Pouncey, Gilbert, Colon, Osemele, Foster could be a good unit, with Scott, Chris Scott, Legursky and another rookie as backups.

7willBheaven
01-27-2012, 11:59 AM
24. Pittsburgh Steelers: Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama
56. Pittsburgh Steelers: Almadela Ta'amu, NT, Washington
87. Pittsburgh Steelers: D'Anton Lynn, CB, Penn State
125. Pittsburgh Steelers: Terrance Ganaway, RB/FB, Baylor
155. Pittsburgh Steelers: Trenton Robinson, FS, Michigan State
187. Pittsburgh Steelers: Al Netter, OT, Northwestern
217. Pittsburgh Steelers: Ben Burkett, C, Northwestern

No online until the 6th round? Thats just terrible. Replace the CB pick with an OL pick at least. I really dont know much about the rest to even comment on them though.

Shoes
01-27-2012, 09:00 PM
I think so. Colon signed a new contract last year and should be able to come back from his tricep injury. I think they will look to give Gilbert the shot at LT unless somebody drops there in the Draft. Osemele has the flexibility to play G or RT that I think would be useful. I am one of the biggest O line proponents here, but honestly think NT is the biggest need for the team unless they find a Free Agent.

Pouncey, Gilbert, Colon, Osemele, Foster could be a good unit, with Scott, Chris Scott, Legursky and another rookie as backups.

Thanks for that El.....I'm looking forward to the draft!

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-27-2012, 09:31 PM
No online until the 6th round? Thats just terrible. Replace the CB pick with an OL pick at least. I really dont know much about the rest to even comment on them though. I agree, we need some O line help early this year, but Steelers known for going BAA.

Thanks for that El.....I'm looking forward to the draft!
No problem, but were all just throwing darts at the wall. Except for P. Biggerstaff. :)

Galax Steeler
01-28-2012, 05:37 AM
24. Pittsburgh Steelers - Cordy Glenn - OG - 6'5"/348 lbs.
Need to improve that offense. Glenn will help the offensive line that's slowing it down.

A standout wherever the Georgia Bulldogs needed him, Cordy Glenn enters his senior campaign having started 36 games at left guard, right guard and left tackle. Scouts aren't only impressed with his versatility, they're left in awe at the athleticism demonstrated by the 6-5, 338 pound mountain of a man.

Glenn was a highly touted prep prospect who stepped into the starting lineup early after redshirting in 2007. While appearing in 13 games, he started ten times; seven games at left guard and three games on the right side. Glenn's ability to play multiple positions was tested even more in 2009 as injuries to teammates forced the Bulldogs to move Glenn from right guard in the season-opener against Oklahoma State to left tackle for four games and back to left guard for the final eight contests. Glenn enjoyed his finest season to date as a junior, starting all 13 games at left guard. Glenn explored his NFL options following the 2010 season, but elected to return for his senior campaign with the hope of seeing time at left tackle and recognizing that the 2011 crop of offensive linemen was a solid group.

Glenn has practiced at left tackle in the spring and is expected to remain at the position throughout his senior campaign. At his size, he may struggle with the speed rushers of the SEC and, as such, may project better as a right tackle or back at guard in the NFL. The value placed on left tackles certainly makes his movement there a gamble worth watching. Should he struggle there, however, scouts have already seen what kind of a difference-maker he can be on the inside.

Pass blocking: Eases out of his stance and waits for the defender to come to him. Possesses long arms and is very powerful, often easily controlling his opponent. Naturally balanced with good lateral agility to mirror the defender. Wide-bodied so opponents can rarely get past him and has an excellent anchor so bull rushes are futile. Nitpicking, but can be a bit inconsistent with his recognition on combination blocks. Typically gets an initial punch in on the defensive tackle before switching off to take on the blitzing linebacker, but can be fooled and miss his assignment (Florida). Can get a bit lazy with his hand placement, making him vulnerable to swim moves.

Run blocking: Excellent size and strength as a drive blocker. Can get fundamentally lazy, at times, playing too high and/or being a beat late off the snap. As such, he can miss with his initial punch and fail to push back his target. More often, he shows good hand placement and the leg drive to clear a hole. Powerful. Can knock defenders off the ball, providing impressive pancake blocks against even talented opponents. Good recognition in combination blocks in the running game. Good, powerful initial shove to the defensive tackle and gets to the second level with good quickness. Shows the ability to adjust his path to locate and attack his target. Rare body control for a man of his size when blocking at the second level.

Pulling/trapping: Shows surprising quickness and fluidity when pulling from left guard to lead on the toss and counter. Light on his feet and can adjust to hit the moving target at the second level.

Initial Quickness: A bit inconsistent with his initial get-off, though this may be simply a concentration issue with the snap-count. Demonstrates good initial quickness off the snap (especially for a man of his size) when pulling, but can be a beat late off the snap on other plays. Rarely is he actually beaten when late off the snap, however, due to his girth and long, powerful arms to catch and contain his assignment.

Downfield: Perhaps his most impressive trait, which is saying something. Gets to the second level quickly and consistently erases linebackers from the play. Doesn't waste his energy with pancake blocks, but instead seals off the defender completely, assuring that his assignment isn't in position to impact the ball-carrier.

Intangibles: Has four starts at left tackle over his career (all in 2009) entering the 2011 season. Turned in his paperwork to the NFL Draft Advisory Committee following last season but elected to return based partially on the plan to see more time at left tackle in 2011

Galax Steeler
01-28-2012, 06:08 AM
Dontari Poe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXMku4m3twI

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-28-2012, 08:53 AM
Galax, I like Glenn, but #24 is way too early for him IMO. I could be wrong, but as much as he is a large man, he doesnt have great feet to play on the outside from what I see. Some hype might drive his stock up, but I think he is more 2nd-3rd round grade.

Is that Don Banks mock draft? Banks always kills me. There are probably 4-5 posters in this forum that can construct better mocks than him. Now, Poe is a pick at #24 that is Worthy. :eyebrows:

Galax Steeler
01-29-2012, 07:14 AM
Kelechi Osemele, Offensive Guard/Tackle, Iowa State

From a purely physical standpoint, no player at the 2012 Senior Bowl was more impressive than Kelechi Osemele of Iowa State.

The big man lined up at both guard and tackle, showing the strength and agility to be a factor anywhere along the offensive line. He projects best to left guard, which is where the Pittsburgh Steelers have a major need.

The trio of Doug Legursky, Ramon Foster and Chris Kemoeatu are among the worst guards in the NFL. The Steelers could use as many as two new offensive guards through free agency and the draft.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-29-2012, 10:11 AM
Kelechi Osemele, Offensive Guard/Tackle, Iowa State

From a purely physical standpoint, no player at the 2012 Senior Bowl was more impressive than Kelechi Osemele of Iowa State.

The big man lined up at both guard and tackle, showing the strength and agility to be a factor anywhere along the offensive line. He projects best to left guard, which is where the Pittsburgh Steelers have a major need.

The trio of Doug Legursky, Ramon Foster and Chris Kemoeatu are among the worst guards in the NFL. The Steelers could use as many as two new offensive guards through free agency and the draft.
I really liked what I saw from Osemele, but also think guys like Zeitler, Glenn and later round guy like Mitchell Schwartz can help up front. Consider that DeCastro and Konz are there too and I think we can find a good interior lineman with our 2nd round pick

7willBheaven
02-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Walts 2-1-12

( Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin; Dontari Poe, NT, Memphis; Zebrie Sanders, OT, Florida State; Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama; Kelechi Osemele, G, Iowa State; Brandon Washington, G/OT, Miami - were still available)

(Josh Chapman, NT, Alabama; Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin was still available here)

(Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin; Nate Potter, OT/G, Boise State; Audie Cole, ILB, N.C. State; Michael Brewster, C, Ohio State; Senio Kelemete, G, Washington - all still available here...I know ILB was picked in the first, but they could easily have changed it to another position)

4th - 119th - Andrew Datko, OT, Florida State

(Aaron Henry, S, Wisconsin; James-Michael Johnson, ILB, Nevada - still available)

--------------------

Only one change to the Steelers picks...the 4th round...which is usually the only one he changes anymore.

7willBheaven
02-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Charlie 2-2-12

1st - 24th - Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State

(Dontari Poe, NT, Memphis; Vontaze Burfict, MLB, Arizona State; Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia; Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama; Kelechi Osemele, G/T, Iowa State; Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin - were still available)

(Mike Brewster, C, Ohio State; Andrew Datko, OT, Florida State; Bobby Massie, OT, Ole Miss; Josh Chapman, NT, Alabama; Tank Carder, ILB, TCU; Brandon Washington, G, Miami; Nate Potter, OT, Boise State; Audie Cole, ILB, N.C. State were still available here)

3rd - 87th - Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington

(Lucas Nix, G/T, Pittsburgh; James-Michael Johnson, ILB, Nevada; Emmanuel Acho, ILB/OLB, Texas - all still available here)

4th - 119th - Will Blackwell, G, LSU

(Ryan Miller, G, Colorado - still available)

-------------------

One of Charlie's better mocks...however NO to the 2nd rounder...ILB needs to be there somewhere. At least he didnt have another OLB/DE in there too like he usually does, hahaha.

st33lersguy
02-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Charlie 2-2-12

(Dontari Poe, NT, Memphis; Vontaze Burfict, MLB, Arizona State; Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia; Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama; Kelechi Osemele, G/T, Iowa State; Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin - were still available)

(Mike Brewster, C, Ohio State; Andrew Datko, OT, Florida State; Bobby Massie, OT, Ole Miss; Josh Chapman, NT, Alabama; Tank Carder, ILB, TCU; Brandon Washington, G, Miami; Nate Potter, OT, Boise State; Audie Cole, ILB, N.C. State were still available here)

(Lucas Nix, G/T, Pittsburgh; James-Michael Johnson, ILB, Nevada; Emmanuel Acho, ILB/OLB, Texas - all still available here)

4th - 119th - Will Blackwell, G, LSU

(Ryan Miller, G, Colorado - still available)

-------------------

One of Charlie's better mocks...however NO to the 2nd rounder...ILB needs to be there somewhere. At least he didnt have another OLB/DE in there too like he usually does, hahaha.

Wow! It almost looks like he did a little research on the Steeler needs since his last mock. Unfortunately it is still flawed. Take the RB away and replace it with an ILB and it is perfect

7willBheaven
02-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Wow! It almost looks like he did a little research on the Steeler needs since his last mock. Unfortunately it is still flawed. Take the RB away and replace it with an ILB and it is perfect

I know I was shocked...I was like wow it only took him like 10-15 mocks or whatever to get it somewhat right based on their needs.

7willBheaven
02-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Walts 2-8-12

(Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin; Dontari Poe, NT, Memphis; Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona State; Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin; Kelechi Osemele, G, Iowa State - were still available)

2nd - 56th - Kelechi Osemele, G, Iowa State

(Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington; Brandon Washington, G/OT, Miami; Josh Chapman, NT, Alabama; Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin was still available here)

(Josh Chapman, NT, Alabama; Nate Potter, OT/G, Boise State; Audie Cole, ILB, N.C. State; Michael Brewster, C, Ohio State; Senio Kelemete, G, Washington - still available)

(Nate Potter, OT/G, Boise State - still available)

----------------

Again switch the 3rd rd pick with a NT (Chapman) and I'd be fine with this!

Texasteel
02-08-2012, 01:33 PM
I'm not sure about the 4th round pick either. You know I have been a big Datko fan, but the fact that he is continuing to fall make me think that someone knows more about his injury. If he comes back 100% from the injury, we have an early 2nd rounder that might be able to hold down the LT spot for the next dozen years, and we got him in the 4th round. Still, Nate Potter could be a safer pick.

st33lersguy
02-08-2012, 04:55 PM
I like how Walt always leaves out one of the three big needs (OG, NT, ILB) to make room for a RB (which is not needed)

The Duke
02-08-2012, 09:36 PM
I see Datko as a tony hills situation. Very talented but with huge injury concerns

really don't mind taking a talented guy like that in the 4th, so long as we already have a guard from rounds 1-3

7willBheaven
02-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Charlie 2-9-12

4th - 119th - Ryan Miller, G, Colorado

st33lersguy
02-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Charlie 2-9-12

4th - 119th - Ryan Miller, G, Colorado

All picks are good except the 2nd round pick, the 2nd round pick is HORRIBLE

7willBheaven
02-15-2012, 05:35 PM
Walts 2-15-12

4th - 119th - Akiem Hicks, NT, Canada

----------------

Never seen/heard of this 4th round pick. And he's just from Canada? No school or what?

Galax Steeler
02-15-2012, 06:36 PM
All picks are good except the 2nd round pick, the 2nd round pick is HORRIBLE

He may not be a need for us but Wilson is explosive and has speed I wouldn't mind it.

st33lersguy
02-15-2012, 09:40 PM
He may not be a need for us but Wilson is explosive and has speed I wouldn't mind it.

Wilson may be explosive but the Steelers have no need for a RB. It would be dumb for Pittsburgh to actually ignore ILB in favor of a RB

Galax Steeler
02-16-2012, 04:28 AM
Wilson may be explosive but the Steelers have no need for a RB. It would be dumb for Pittsburgh to actually ignore ILB in favor of a RB

I am not saying that but if there is no one there that is of value we don't need to go after someone who would not be worth the pick. If Wilson is there and there is no other player of value then I say grab him.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-16-2012, 10:07 AM
Walts 2-15-121st - 24th - Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama 2nd - 56th - Kelechi Osemele, G, Iowa State3rd - 87th - Bernard Pierce, RB, Temple 4th - 119th - Akiem Hicks, NT, Canada----------------Never seen/heard of this 4th round pick. And he's just from Canada? No school or what?I like this one, but dont think Osemele will be there, but the thought of getting Hightower and Osemele would be a great draft. Hicks played at Regina, he was supposed to goto LSU but recruiting violation that he reported kept him from being a Tiger. He impressed at the Shrine game supposedly, ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Akiem Hicks, DT, Regina Canada: Hicks may not have played like the 2nd best defensive linemen every day but I don’t think there is any question he has the upside to be one of the best players that was in St. Petersburg this week. He has all the size, power, athleticism and length that you could want in a defensive tackle and he flashed a lot of potential this week. It wasn’t always consistent, and he needs significant work on playing with leverage and he needs to develop much better technique and hand usage, but there is a lot of raw potential there. If he lands on a team with a good defensive line coach and they are patient with him he could end up being something special.http://tommeltonscouting.wordpress.com/tag/kyle-wilber/

7willBheaven
02-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Charlie 2-16-12

2nd - 56th - Brandon Washington, G, Miami

4th - 119th - Trumaine Johnson, CB/S, Montana

------------------

One of Charlie's best i think. Dont know a lot about the 4th rounder, but still....position wise not bad (though some would say ILB is missing, but still).

Texasteel
02-16-2012, 03:26 PM
I like this one, but dont think Osemele will be there, but the thought of getting Hightower and Osemele would be a great draft. Hicks played at Regina, he was supposed to goto LSU but recruiting violation that he reported kept him from being a Tiger. He impressed at the Shrine game supposedly, ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Akiem Hicks, DT, Regina Canada: Hicks may not have played like the 2nd best defensive linemen every day but I don’t think there is any question he has the upside to be one of the best players that was in St. Petersburg this week. He has all the size, power, athleticism and length that you could want in a defensive tackle and he flashed a lot of potential this week. It wasn’t always consistent, and he needs significant work on playing with leverage and he needs to develop much better technique and hand usage, but there is a lot of raw potential there. If he lands on a team with a good defensive line coach and they are patient with him he could end up being something special.http://tommeltonscouting.wordpress.com/tag/kyle-wilber/

I've also heard that he has a problem with weight gain. ( Have you heard anything about this Gonzo? ) I was personally suprized to see in the 4th round. ( I have not see him play, this is only from my reserch.)

7willBheaven
02-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Walts 2-22-12

1st - 24th - Cordy Glenn, G, Georgia

2nd - 56th - Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina

---------------

Terrible draft. There were sooo many other solid OL to take with the 2nd pick, Massie, Zeitler, Washington to name a few. And he could have easily select ILB Cole for the 3rd round pick then we'd have a solid draft. Some may say why 2 OL in a row...I say why not?

ShutDown24
02-22-2012, 10:46 PM
...I say why not?

As things stand, I think taking offensive linemen in both rounds 1 and 2 is really ignoring other needs. Barring a player that is really high on your board falling into the 2nd round, I think it would be borderline irresponsible for the team to select o-linemen back to back so early. If the Steelers lose Wallace and have another 1st round selection, I could maybe see it. But other than that if the team takes an offensive linemen with either pick (not both), that alone should greatly improve the outlook along the offensive front. Pouncey and Gilbert are already great building blocks. And with Gilbert moving to left tackle, the value really isn't there to do what you're suggesting.

7willBheaven
02-22-2012, 11:22 PM
As things stand, I think taking offensive linemen in both rounds 1 and 2 is really ignoring other needs. Barring a player that is really high on your board falling into the 2nd round, I think it would be borderline irresponsible for the team to select o-linemen back to back so early. If the Steelers lose Wallace and have another 1st round selection, I could maybe see it. But other than that if the team takes an offensive linemen with either pick (not both), that alone should greatly improve the outlook along the offensive front. Pouncey and Gilbert are already great building blocks. And with Gilbert moving to left tackle, the value really isn't there to do what you're suggesting.

Oh I totally get/understand all that...thats why I just said "why not" as I wouldnt be against it in the ideal situation...and this was just based on Walt's mock and how things went and such.

ShutDown24
02-23-2012, 02:55 AM
Oh I totally get/understand all that...thats why I just said "why not" as I wouldnt be against it in the ideal situation...and this was just based on Walt's mock and how things went and such.

Hmm, alright. I was under the impression you were pushing for two offensive linemen early in general, not specific to the mock quoted. Regardless, I guess it gave me a good excuse to argue with.... Someone :lol:.

7willBheaven
02-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Hmm, alright. I was under the impression you were pushing for two offensive linemen early in general, not specific to the mock quoted. Regardless, I guess it gave me a good excuse to argue with.... Someone :lol:.

Hahaha....usually i try to keep my comments on the mocks pertaining to that specific mock and all. Now in general I wouldnt be against taking 2 OL in real life...but not back to back like that in the 1st/2nd (maybe unless they loose Wallace and get another 1st or something crazy like that).

7willBheaven
02-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Charlie 2-23-12

1st - 24th - Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis

2nd - 56th - Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin

3rd - 87th - Tank Carder, ILB, TCU

4th - 119th - Marvin Jones, WR, California

-----------------------

One of Charlie's better mocks....his reasoning for the WR is the Steelers MAY need a WR if they loose Wallace. I wish with mocks he (or anyone) would speculate and just go by who is under contract/still on the team. I was curious who he'd put here after filling the 3 biggest needs with the first 3 picks (which is something Charlie really hasnt done). If he put maybe a S or even an OL or TE here that would be even better (but if Wallace did go...I wouldnt be against a WR in the 4th or later).

st33lersguy
02-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Charlie 2-23-12

1st - 24th - Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis

4th - 119th - Marvin Jones, WR, California

-----------------------

One of Charlie's better mocks....his reasoning for the WR is the Steelers MAY need a WR if they loose Wallace. I wish with mocks he (or anyone) would speculate and just go by who is under contract/still on the team. I was curious who he'd put here after filling the 3 biggest needs with the first 3 picks (which is something Charlie really hasnt done). If he put maybe a S or even an OL or TE here that would be even better (but if Wallace did go...I wouldnt be against a WR in the 4th or later).

This was actually pretty good. He learned the Steelers 3 biggest needs and selected solid value picks with the first round. The WR in the 4th isn't terrible either, considering it is addressed after the 3 big needs and that we could use one if Wallace leaves. It is more logical than the RB he mocked for a while and Walt still mocks

suitanim
02-24-2012, 09:38 AM
Some news out of Cleveland (Hey, it's where I live...gimme a break):

Browns pick at #22. They have spoken with both Reiff and Adams. They asked Adams if he'd be willing to play on the right side (he did have a little trouble with speed rushers). Reiff, I'm guessing, will already be gone by #22...and now it sounds like if he is, the Browns might be in the market for Adams. Either way, it sounds like the top 3-4 OT's will be most likely off the board by #24. I've also seena ton of mocks with DeCastro and Glenn off the board by #20.

We may have our hand forced into selecting ILB or DT/NT with our first pick. I'm fine with that over reaching for the wrong guy.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-24-2012, 09:56 AM
Some news out of Cleveland (Hey, it's where I live...gimme a break):

Browns pick at #22. They have spoken with both Reiff and Adams. They asked Adams if he'd be willing to play on the right side (he did have a little trouble with speed rushers). Reiff, I'm guessing, will already be gone by #22...and now it sounds like if he is, the Browns might be in the market for Adams. Either way, it sounds like the top 3-4 OT's will be most likely off the board by #24. I've also seena ton of mocks with DeCastro and Glenn off the board by #20.

We may have our hand forced into selecting ILB or DT/NT with our first pick. I'm fine with that over reaching for the wrong guy.

I hope the Browns take Adams. He scares me just like Tyson Jackson did....and a lot of early mocks said Jackson was a fit for the Steelers.

I'd be fine if they were forced to take BAA and it was either Hightower or Poe. Something tells me Poe is gonna be gone too. I almost hope to trade back to the top of the 2nd and still be able to get Ta'aamu at NT and Osemele or Zeitler both in the 2nd. Then if we get a 4th in that trade, we can always use it or trade up in the 3rd with it to get an ILB we might like.

suitanim
02-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Between the injuries and the inconsistency, I'd be more comfortable taking a player like Adams in the second. And he'll be long, long, long gone by then.

SteelMember
02-24-2012, 10:21 AM
I think there's a lot of good quality for ILB in the mid rounds of this draft. Hightower may be a luxury we pass on. Then again, the Steelers love their LB's.

7willBheaven
02-24-2012, 12:20 PM
I think there's a lot of good quality for ILB in the mid rounds of this draft. Hightower may be a luxury we pass on. Then again, the Steelers love their LB's.

Hmmm I dunno about that. ILB is one of the thinner positions in this draft. There could be some available in the 3-4th, but who knows.

suitanim
02-24-2012, 03:30 PM
If we have Farrior, Foote, Timmons and Sylvester, we can afford to select in later rounds and groom.

SteelMember
02-24-2012, 04:56 PM
Hmmm I dunno about that. ILB is one of the thinner positions in this draft. There could be some available in the 3-4th, but who knows.

I think James-Michael Johnson could be one. He's a probable 4th rounder.

and don't discount an OLB transitioning. Look at Timmons.

7willBheaven
02-29-2012, 03:31 PM
Walts 2-29-12

--------------------

Not bad 1-2...but for crying out fn loud...would Walt get off this kick of them taking this Pierce guy in the 3rd? Wow. Could have had a better NT in the 3rd (Chapman) and use the 4th rd on a TE, another OL or a S even.

7willBheaven
03-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Charlie 3-1-12

1st - 24th - Cordy Glenn, G, Georgia

4th - 119th - Isaiah Pead, RB, Cincinnati

---------------------

Again a decent draft by Charlie...just switching the positions of the first 2 picks. Still not sure about a RB this early...but not bad.

7willBheaven
03-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Walts 3-2-12

5th - 151st - Brandon Lindsey, DE/OLB, Pittsburgh

----------------------------

So he adds the 5th round...and mocks the least position of need at OLB. Why not TE? S? Something thats actually a potential need.

st33lersguy
03-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Walts 3-2-12

So he adds the 5th round...and mocks the least position of need at OLB. Why not TE? S? Something thats actually a potential need.

Walt's mock drafts are getting worse and worse every week. If the Steelers do not draft NT in the first two rounds and Josh Chapman is sitting there in the 3rd round and the Steelers pass on him for a RB, I will be furious.

7willBheaven
03-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Walts 3-7-12

--------------------

Same partial crap...different day...haha

7willBheaven
03-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Charlie 3-8-12

3rd - 87th - Tony Bergstrom, G, Utah

4th - 119th - Bruce Irvin, OLB, West Virginia

---------------------------

Bleh

ShutDown24
03-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Charlie 3-8-12

3rd - 87th - Tony Bergstrom, G, Utah

Bleh

The first two selections are fine.

I haven't seen Bergstrom play.

I'm not sure if Irvin is a good fit for the Steelers or not. However, I don't think it will matter because I don't really see him being around at 119.

7willBheaven
03-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Walts 3-11-12

3rd - 87th - Robert Turbin, RB, Utah State

5th - 151st - Josh Kaddu, DE/OLB, Oregon

-----------------

Wow Walt finally changed the RB in the 3rd...to ANOTHER RB...SMH

ShutDown24
03-11-2012, 01:37 PM

This team doesn't need to waste a third round pick on a runningback.

The more I want us to draft Hightower, the more frightened I get he is rising to the point where he is going to sail right past us. He would be an excellent fit on the Steelers roster.

---------------------------------------------------------------

DONT'A HIGHTOWER THE PERFECT STEELER

Posted by Tyler Dunn, March 10th 2012, 9:32 am EST

6’2, 265lb.

Those numbers are impressive for an athletic linebacker coming out of college.

But they aren’t the only impressive traits Dont’a Hightower possesses.

Hightower attended national championship winning Alabama University, where he was schooled in many defensive schemes and positions by Head Coach Nick Saban.

Playing mostly inside linebacker, Hightower was signal caller for the Crimson Tide defense. A defense which was responsible for some of the most memorable performances in college football this past season; culminating in the BCS national title game where the Tide shut out Les Miles’ Louisiana State.

The junior has also effectively performed at outside linebacker and defensive end.

Enter Dick LeBeau and the Steelers.

Read more...

http://pittsburghfootballreport.com/2012/03/10/donta-hightower-is-the-perfect-steeler-30-2/ (http://pittsburghfootballreport.com/2012/03/10/donta-hightower-is-the-perfect-steeler-30-2/)

SteelMember
03-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Round 1

1-Indianapolis-Andrew Luck, QB Stanford

2-Washington(from St. Louis)-Robert Griffin III, QB Baylor

3-Minnesota-Matt Kalil, OT USC

4-Cleveland-Justin Blackmon, WR Oklahoma State

5-Tampa Bay-Morris Claiborne, CB LSU

6-St. Louis(from Washington)-Michael Floyd, WR Notre Dame

7-Jacksonville-Melvin Ingram, DE South Carolina

8-Miami-Riley Reiff, OT Iowa

9-Carolina-Michael Brockers, DT LSU

10-Buffalo-Quinton Coples, DE North Carolina

11-Kansas City-Whitney Mercilus, DE Illinois

12-Seattle-Luke Kuechly, LB Boston College

13-Arizona-Jonathan Martin, OT Stanford

14-Dallas-Dontari Poe, NT Memphis

15-Philadelphia-Fletcher Cox, DT Mississippi St.

16-New York Jets-Courtney Upshaw, LB Alabama

17-Cincinnati - from Oakland-Trent Richardson, RB Alabama

18-San Diego-Janoris Jenkins, CB North Alabama

19-Chicago-Stephen Hill, WR Georgia Tech

20-Tennessee-Devon Still, DT Penn State

21-Cincinnati-Dre' Kirkpatrick, CB Alabama

22-Cleveland-Lamar Miller, RB Miami

23-Detroit-Mike Adams, OT Ohio State

24-Pittsburgh-David DeCastro, OG Stanford

25-Denver-Jerel Worthy, DT Michigan State

26-Houston-Mark Barron, S Alabama

27-New England - from New Orleans- Nick Perry, DE USC

28-Green Bay-Andre Branch, DE Clemson

29-Baltimore-Dont'a Hightower, LB Alabama

30-San Francisco-Kendall Wright, WR Baylor

31-New England-Stephon Gilmore, CB South Carolina

32-New York Giants-Coby Fleener, TE Stanford

We can still dream, right? :chuckle:

ShutDown24
03-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Round 1

1-Indianapolis-Andrew Luck, QB Stanford

2-Washington(from St. Louis)-Robert Griffin III, QB Baylor

3-Minnesota-Matt Kalil, OT USC

4-Cleveland-Justin Blackmon, WR Oklahoma State

5-Tampa Bay-Morris Claiborne, CB LSU

6-St. Louis(from Washington)-Michael Floyd, WR Notre Dame

7-Jacksonville-Melvin Ingram, DE South Carolina

8-Miami-Riley Reiff, OT Iowa

9-Carolina-Michael Brockers, DT LSU

10-Buffalo-Quinton Coples, DE North Carolina

11-Kansas City-Whitney Mercilus, DE Illinois

12-Seattle-Luke Kuechly, LB Boston College

13-Arizona-Jonathan Martin, OT Stanford

14-Dallas-Dontari Poe, NT Memphis

15-Philadelphia-Fletcher Cox, DT Mississippi St.

16-New York Jets-Courtney Upshaw, LB Alabama

17-Cincinnati - from Oakland-Trent Richardson, RB Alabama

18-San Diego-Janoris Jenkins, CB North Alabama

19-Chicago-Stephen Hill, WR Georgia Tech

20-Tennessee-Devon Still, DT Penn State

21-Cincinnati-Dre' Kirkpatrick, CB Alabama

22-Cleveland-Lamar Miller, RB Miami

23-Detroit-Mike Adams, OT Ohio State

24-Pittsburgh-David DeCastro, OG Stanford

25-Denver-Jerel Worthy, DT Michigan State

26-Houston-Mark Barron, S Alabama

27-New England - from New Orleans- Nick Perry, DE USC

28-Green Bay-Andre Branch, DE Clemson

29-Baltimore-Dont'a Hightower, LB Alabama

30-San Francisco-Kendall Wright, WR Baylor

31-New England-Stephon Gilmore, CB South Carolina

32-New York Giants-Coby Fleener, TE Stanford

We can still dream, right? :chuckle:

I like it.

I really think you have Cox and Still slotted very nicely - for both the player and team.

Just a couple comments on things I personnaly believe, but who knows - the draft is a crapshoot - anything you have could very well happen.

I think Hill, Fleener Miller and Floyd are all a little too high. And of course DeCastro too low :chuckle:

But I think it's a great mock.

7willBheaven
03-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Charlie 3-19-12

2nd - 56th - Amini Silatulo, G/T, Midwestern State

3rd - 87th - Chris Polk, RB, Washington

5th - Will Blackwell, G, LSU

---------------------

Not bad...but i majorly dislike the 3rd/4th rounders...those are not needs to waste picks on that high.

Steeltreal
03-19-2012, 03:50 PM
2nd round starter

ShutDown24
03-20-2012, 01:12 PM
What is with all of these runningbacks so high in all of these mocks? Redman/Dwyer can handle the load.

Steeltreal
03-20-2012, 08:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y1vMglvFlE

Pancakes the shit out of the 'lesser' competition . I can imagine him and Pouncey pulling out on quick screens....

7willBheaven
03-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Walts 3-21-12

-----------

Same as his last one from 10 days ago...he just switched in another OLB for the 5th round...BLAH again

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-24-2012, 09:12 PM
I have a feeling that Devier Posey from Ohio St is gonna end up on our board. Haley supposedly worked him out at their pro day.

steelerdude15
03-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Walts 3-21-12

-----------

Same as his last one from 10 days ago...he just switched in another OLB for the 5th round...BLAH again

I really don't see a need to draft a running back when we have a good corp already. I'd rather take a tackle in that spot.

vtw8lftr
03-25-2012, 07:52 AM
I really don't see a need to draft a running back when we have a good corp already. I'd rather take a tackle in that spot.

Not just that but he has Chapman going in the high 4th... I would hope the Steelers would run to the podium in the 3rd if Chapman was still available. 99% sure Turbin would be available in the 4th if you are that convinced Steelers were drafting a RB.

suitanim
03-25-2012, 08:39 AM
I have a feeling that Devier Posey from Ohio St is gonna end up on our board. Haley supposedly worked him out at their pro day.

That's a solid pick-up. He's going to better at the next level...later rounds though.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-25-2012, 12:48 PM
That's a solid pick-up. He's going to better at the next level...later rounds though.

Do you think he is gonna slide that far? I read some rumblings that he is considered a 3rd round talent.

Maybe its a contingency if they cant sign Wallace longterm, that they could go with Brown, Sanders and guy like Posey in 2013. I like it and would not mind if they got him, but want to see ILB, O line and NT addressed.

suitanim
03-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Don't know. He wasn't used properly at OSU and wasn't used at all (when he was eligible) last year. He's a flier and runs good routes but he had some drops. I think its a concentration issue. We can't draft WR until we fill needs so we xant even think about this until rd 4 (unless we take some steps in FA)

XxKnightxX
03-25-2012, 03:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y1vMglvFlE

Pancakes the shit out of the 'lesser' competition . I can imagine him and Pouncey pulling out on quick screens....

He can definitely Play Guard, It seems more of his natural position. I guess hes playing tackle since his athletic ability suits that spread offense. I love how he stays with his blocks, LEGALLY, unlike dummy Kemo.

XxKnightxX
03-25-2012, 03:38 PM
To add into the conversation. How many players that we watch film on and want to draft, the Steelers never draft or other people take him before us? Yeah kinda sucks being good every year and getting late picks lol.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-25-2012, 04:16 PM
He can definitely Play Guard, It seems more of his natural position. I guess hes playing tackle since his athletic ability suits that spread offense. I love how he stays with his blocks, LEGALLY, unlike dummy Kemo.

not really legally. He got outside the frame a lot on guys and seems to like to hook and throw smaller guys. That video shows him playing against a lot of smaller opponents and I think he is going to take some time to get used to NFL caliber competition. Could work out great in a couple years, or could struggle with the transition IMO.

XxKnightxX
03-25-2012, 04:28 PM
not really legally. He got outside the frame a lot on guys and seems to like to hook and throw smaller guys. That video shows him playing against a lot of smaller opponents and I think he is going to take some time to get used to NFL caliber competition. Could work out great in a couple years, or could struggle with the transition IMO.

Yeah he got away with a couple , but a couple he just stonewalled the guys. He sure doesnt seem like starter material right away. But he shows a feisty attitude and pride of blocking. Although hes nowhere near a 2nd round grade. I say late 4th to 5th rounder.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-25-2012, 07:06 PM
Yeah he got away with a couple , but a couple he just stonewalled the guys. He sure doesnt seem like starter material right away. But he shows a feisty attitude and pride of blocking. Although hes nowhere near a 2nd round grade. I say late 4th to 5th rounder.

Most of the draft talking heads have him as a 2nd round grade though. He's a good athlete, strong and should have all the tools, but we have drafted small school O linemen like Mathias Nkwenti and Jamain Stephens that also fit the bill, but never worked out.

ALLD
03-25-2012, 07:13 PM
It used to be you could never have enough RBs. With rule changes it could be turning into you can never have enough depth on your OL.

7willBheaven
03-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Charlie 3-26-12

2nd - 56th - Lamar Miller, RB, Miami

3rd - 87th - Brandon Brooks, G, Miami of Ohio

5th - Kheeston Randall, DE/DT, Texas

----------------------

WOW...I thought he was going better now he goes backwards and has this crappy draft. An RB in the 2nd? Another OLB? And a DE (this one I'm against the least)? NO ILB? NO NT? WTF...terrible

steelerdude15
03-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Charlie 3-26-12

----------------------

WOW...I thought he was going better now he goes backwards and has this crappy draft. An RB in the 2nd? Another OLB? And a DE (this one I'm against the least)? NO ILB? NO NT? WTF...terrible

This has to be the worst mock I've seen yet. I still don't understand why we'd even draft a running back and another outside linebacker.

st33lersguy
03-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Charlie 3-26-12

----------------------

Sorry Charlie but Matt Millen has not joined the Steelers organization

SteelMember
03-28-2012, 11:42 AM
That's not the 1st time I've seen Irvin's name in one of these...

1-Kevin Zeitler, OG Wisconsin-In this scenario guys like Dont’a Hightower and David DeCastro are gone. The Steelers offensive line is in shambles with Maurkice Pouncey as the only returning starting I have any confidence in. Zeitler is a day one starter which would allow career backup Greg Legursky to go back to providing depth.

2-Brandon Thompson, DT Clemson-The Steelers have resigned Casey Hampton and they have starters on the ends in ZIggy Hood and Cameron Heyward. Thompson could be a rotational player at all 3 spots until he settles into one, probably NT.

3-Trumaine Johnson, CB/S Montana-Johnson has the size of a safety with the coverage skills of a corner. Despite being the best defender for the University of Montana he was still very productive. I can see him a a nickel/dime corner initially covering tight ends out of the backfield and eventually becoming a very athletic FS in the attacking Steelers defense.

4-Bruce Irvin, OLB West Virginia-The Steelers have not had great luck adding to the OLB position being starters Lamarr Woodley and James Harrison, but adding an edge ruser like Irvin might change some of that. He has a lot of learn in terms of coverage but has a dynamic first step.

5-Vontaze Burfict, LB Arizona State-I am just guessing that Burfict falls this far, but I have heard some teams have taken him completely off their draft boards. If the Steelers could get him here, he’s be zero risk and if they could get his head screwed on straight they’d have a dominant ILB.

6-Terrance Ganaway, RB Baylor-The Steelers running back situation is tenuous at best with Rashard Mendenhall questionable to start the year, so adding some bodies is a plus and Ganaway is a big buiser with quick feet who might remind some of former Steeler Jerome Bettis.

7-James Brown, OT Troy-This late you take a flyer on an athletic player, and Brown at tackle certainly qualifies. Might never make the roster but given time I think could start on the right side in the NFL.

:noidea:

7willBheaven
03-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Walts 3-28-12

4th - 119th - Ryan Steed, CB, Furman

5th - 151st - Jeff Fuller, WR, Texas A&M

Last 2 picks changed....I still say no to RB that early and WR...eh...only if Cotchery isnt back (or Wallace). But NO NT? No other OL? I like the 4th round pick...seems decent and they now have 2 openings at CB...plus I like his name hahahah.

ShutDown24
03-28-2012, 03:20 PM
Walts 3-28-12

Last 2 picks changed....I still say no to RB that early and WR...eh...only if Cotchery isnt back (or Wallace). But NO NT? No other OL? I like the 4th round pick...seems decent and they now have 2 openings at CB...plus I like his name hahahah.

1st, 4th & 5th are fine to me. 2nd & 3rd I dislike. I'm not a big Osemele fan. And this notion that we're going to select a runningback anyime before the sicth or seventh round if at all is ridiculous.

st33lersguy
03-29-2012, 09:43 AM
Walts 3-28-12

I am so glad Walt does not run the Steelers organization. Did you see one of his other possibilities for the Steelers at no. 24? A TE? Saying the Steelers need a complement for Heath Miller?

steelersrock151
03-29-2012, 05:59 PM
Actually, what he referred to was "the often injured" Heath Miller. Heath has missed 5 games in 7 years.

7willBheaven
04-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Charlie 4-2-12

1st - 24th - Dont'a Hightower , ILB, Alabama (J. Martin was still on the board here)

5th - 159th - Akeem Hicks, DT, University of Regina

-------------------------

From a positional standpoint this is much better...while I'd rather have a S with the RB pick (not necessarily in that round)...but not bad overall.

steelerdude15
04-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Charlie 4-2-12

1st - 24th - Dont'a Hightower , ILB, Alabama (J. Martin was still on the board here)

-------------------------

From a positional standpoint this is much better...while I'd rather have a S with the RB pick (not necessarily in that round)...but not bad overall.

I agree that this is a pretty good one. I'd rather see the Steelers draft a tackle in the third round if they took Dont'a in the first round. I still don't think we need a RB in the first round, we have too many as it is.

7willBheaven
04-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Walts 4-4-12

2nd - 56th - Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern State

4th - 119th - Nicolas Jean-Baptiste, NT, Baylor

----------------

Seems like Charlie is set on the positions he wants the Steelers to take (except for round 5) and he's just rotating different names in there.

steelerdude15
04-07-2012, 12:42 AM
Walts 4-4-12

2nd - 56th - Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern State

----------------

Seems like Charlie is set on the positions he wants the Steelers to take (except for round 5) and he's just rotating different names in there.

I'd be okay with Hightower, I'd like Amini if he's still available, but I still don't see why the Steelers would waste a draft pick on a running back. Its not worth it in my opinion.

ShutDown24
04-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Here's what I came up with at work today. The Wolfe & Lindley picks are probably a little too hopeful. Wolfe is shooting up the boards and I doubt Lindley lasts until we pick in round five... But you never know.

Round one: Dont'a Hightower, Inside Linebacker, Alabama

Round two: Brandon Brooks, Offensive Guard, Miami Ohio

Round three: Omar Bolden, Cornerback, Arizona State

Round four: Derek Wolfe, Defensive End, Cincinnati

Round five: Ryan Lindley, Quarterback, San Diego State

Round six: Akiem Hicks, Nose Tackle, Regina

Round seven: Keith Tandy, Cornerback, West Virginia

Round seven: Jerell Harris, Linebacker, Alabama

Round seven: Adam Robinson, Offensive Tackle, Eastern New Mexico

Round seven: Keshawn Martin, Wide Receiver, Michigan State

Steeltreal
04-07-2012, 07:51 PM
Here's what I came up with at work today. The Wolfe & Lindley picks are probably a little too hopeful. Wolfe is shooting up the boards and I doubt Lindley lasts until we pick in round five... But you never know.

I like this is we can bring back Cotchery , if not maybe target a WR or TE in an earlier round , Saunders is suspended and David Johnson is still unsigned.

st33lersguy
04-07-2012, 08:25 PM

The steelers should draft a NT before round 6. With Hood and Heyward, DE is not the pressing need and not more important than NT

Chidi29
04-07-2012, 08:40 PM
I'd be okay with Hightower, I'd like Amini if he's still available, but I still don't see why the Steelers would waste a draft pick on a running back. Its not worth it in my opinion.

I can see the merit of taking on higher in the draft, say first three rounds, if the value is there. There isn't on the roster right now I can comfortably say I trust. I don't want to let John Clay, Jonathan Dwyer, or Baron Batch to deter me from drafting a high caliber back if the board says I should.

steelerdude15
04-07-2012, 10:38 PM
I can see the merit of taking on higher in the draft, say first three rounds, if the value is there. There isn't on the roster right now I can comfortably say I trust. I don't want to let John Clay, Jonathan Dwyer, or Baron Batch to deter me from drafting a high caliber back if the board says I should.

Yet, there are more important areas where the Steelers need to draft. RB shouldn't be a the minds in the war room come those three days later this month.

ShutDown24
04-08-2012, 12:46 AM
The steelers should draft a NT before round 6. With Hood and Heyward, DE is not the pressing need and not more important than NT

With Chapman and Ta'amu gone, who do you suggest they take? There is no one on the board between rounds 3 - 5 who I think has the potential to be better than Steve McClendon. Hicks has upside and will be available late. I agree with you, but there are only so many positions you can address with the early picks. I tried to base this one off of value that I think could still be available.

Chidi29
04-08-2012, 02:43 AM
Yet, there are more important areas where the Steelers need to draft. RB shouldn't be a the minds in the war room come those three days later this month.

But if you ignore value too much instead of need, you wind up with drafting Troy Edwards.

It's a delicate balance, yes, but you have to get the most bang for your buck.

steelerdude15
04-08-2012, 09:37 AM
But if you ignore value too much instead of need, you wind up with drafting Troy Edwards.

It's a delicate balance, yes, but you have to get the most bang for your buck.

Getting more bang for your buck for a position that doesn't need upgraded compared to other positions that are in need? I'm sorry, but if there is another player at a position that we need, we need to draft that position instead of going for a position where its already filled with potential starters.

ShutDown24
04-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Getting more bang for your buck for a position that doesn't need upgraded compared to other positions that are in need? I'm sorry, but if there is another player at a position that we need, we need to draft that position instead of going for a position where its already filled with potential starters.

If we've addressed ILB and G in the first and second rounds, and Lamar Miller is sitting there in the third, and the best NT prospect on the board is Hebron Fangupo (5th-7th round value) who are you taking? I wouldn't be a fan of taking a tailback higher than the fourth or fifth round either, but if the value is there you can't ignore it.

steelerdude15
04-08-2012, 10:02 AM
If we've addressed ILB and G in the first and second rounds, and Lamar Miller is sitting there in the third, and the best NT prospect on the board is Hebron Fangupo (5th-7th round value) who are you taking? I wouldn't be a fan of taking a tailback higher than the fourth or fifth round either, but if the value is there you can't ignore it.

Personally, I'd keep building the offensive line and draft a tackle with the third pick.

ShutDown24
04-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Personally, I'd keep building the offensive line and draft a tackle with the third pick.

That's great in theory, but what if there was a run on tackles prior to our selection? You can't just generalize a position of need without looking at the value of players available.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-08-2012, 10:12 AM
With Chapman and Ta'amu gone, who do you suggest they take? There is no one on the board between rounds 3 - 5 who I think has the potential to be better than Steve McClendon. Hicks has upside and will be available late. I agree with you, but there are only so many positions you can address with the early picks. I tried to base this one off of value that I think could still be available.
Hebron Fangopu could be had in the 4th.
Taking Aikeem Hicks in the 6th reminds me of taking Sunny Harris in the 7th when Myron Pryor was available. hicks is a bigger project than Harris was.

ShutDown24
04-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Hebron Fangopu could be had in the 4th.
Taking Aikeem Hicks in the 6th reminds me of taking Sunny Harris in the 7th when Myron Pryor was available. hicks is a bigger project than Harris was.

Probably, but what are sixth and seventh round picks for? They are projects.

I wouldn't personally take Fangopu anywhere above the fifth round.

7willBheaven
04-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Charlie 4-9-12

3rd - 87th - Chris Polk, RB, Washington

------------------

Just switching of the RB as usual...with each of the 3rd/4th picks...there were other potentially better players sitting there that could fill other needs (though I have no problem with an OT).

Chidi29
04-09-2012, 03:38 PM

Which is why there is no reason to trade up that high.

st33lersguy
04-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Voting for the Steelers on Walter Football's reader mock is now open. Here is the link

http://polldaddy.com/poll/6126732/

ShutDown24
04-10-2012, 11:14 PM
If we don't select one of these players at pick 24 I will be surprised:

Dont'a Hightower

Mike Adams

Jerel Worthy

Josh Chapman

Stephon Gilmore

Bobby Massie

Cordy Glenn

steelerdude15
04-10-2012, 11:20 PM

Dont'a Hightower

Mike Adams

Jerel Worthy

Josh Chapman

Stephon Gilmore

Bobby Massie

Cordy Glenn. I agree.

7willBheaven
04-11-2012, 01:32 PM

Dont'a Hightower

Mike Adams

Jerel Worthy

Josh Chapman

Stephon Gilmore

Bobby Massie

Cordy Glenn

I would be pissed if they selected Chapman in the first.

7willBheaven
04-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Walts 4-11-12

2nd - 56th - Kendall Reyes, DE/DT, Connecticut

5th - 151st - Keith Tandy, CB, West Virginia

---------------------

Hate the 2nd rounder...Ta'amu and OG Brooks were both there and he has them take a DE? Walt seems to be dead set on that RB in the 3rd. NO OL HELP??? WTF WALT...this is the WORST ever!

ShutDown24
04-11-2012, 02:59 PM
I would be pissed if they selected Chapman in the first.

If we want him, I think we're going to have to. I don't think he gets past Indianapolis at 34.

7willBheaven
04-11-2012, 03:14 PM
If we want him, I think we're going to have to. I don't think he gets past Indianapolis at 34.

I dont see it. I would be shocked if he isnt there with their second pick (or even later)...picking him in the first would be a big reach I'm sorry...there are other NTs that can be had with their other picks.

Chidi29
04-11-2012, 04:01 PM
I dont see it. I would be shocked if he isnt there with their second pick (or even later)...picking him in the first would be a big reach I'm sorry...there are other NTs that can be had with their other picks.

Like who?

ShutDown24
04-11-2012, 11:36 PM

Chapman is far and away the best pure nose tackle prospect in this draft.

atlsteelers
04-12-2012, 10:47 AM
i like cordy glenn but as a uga fan i am suprised by how much everybody likes him. georgia's entire o-line seemed a little soft last year, thats with glenn and ben jones. i really do not see him playing tackle but playing guard in the nfl.

7willBheaven
04-13-2012, 01:25 PM
Walts 4-13-12

6th - 193rd - Ryan Miller, G, Colorado

-----------------

6th round added....the rest same as the other day...wow finally some OL...but too little too late in my eyes.

st33lersguy
04-13-2012, 06:33 PM
Walts 4-13-12

-----------------

6th round added....the rest same as the other day...wow finally some OL...but too little too late in my eyes.

Walter should educate himself of what the Steelers need and watch some tape of Isaac Redman

Steeltreal
04-13-2012, 09:08 PM
Walts 4-13-12

-----------------

Foster and Legursky both signed their RFA tenders, they will be giving 100% to earn a longer contract extension. Essex also resigned, If we can find depth in any round its a Plus. Just look at Tony Hills and Kraig Urbik. Both of them were what 3rd round picks.

7willBheaven
04-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Charlie 4-16-12

1st - 24th - Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford

3rd - 87th - Isaiah Pead, RB, Cincinnati (Chapman was still on the board...and even Audie Cole ILB)

4th - 119th - Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia (James-Michael Johnson was still there)

--------------------------------------

Interesting...I wouldnt complain about the first 2 picks for sure, haha. But no ILB? Though I would love it if Sly can take that spot...but I have a feeling they will take one somewhere. Changing the 3rd pick to Chapman, the 4th to JMJ and the 5th to the best CB/S available and that would be an AWESOME draft!

7willBheaven
04-18-2012, 01:46 PM
Walts 4-18-12

2nd - 56th - Bobby Massie, OT, Ole Miss

5th - 151st - Aaron Henry, S, Wisconsin

6th - 193rd - Donnie Fletcher, CB, Boston College

-----------------

While i still hate the RB pick...its not bad overall...would like an OG though....and I dont know a lot about Fletcher so i cant comment on him much.

Texasteel
04-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Walts 4-18-12

-----------------

While i still hate the RB pick...its not bad overall...would like an OG though....and I dont know a lot about Fletcher so i cant comment on him much.

I don't think I would mind a speedy RB that can hit the outside, and force the CBs to think about something besides staying with Wallas and Brown.

I think that Massie has played some OG before, I'm pretty sure he could move inside with little problem.

st33lersguy
04-19-2012, 12:40 AM
Walts 4-18-12

-----------------

Replace a RB with an OG. Also Jonathin Martin was available at pick 24, I think if Martin is available, the Steelers will snatch him up regardless of Hightower's availability

Chidi29
04-19-2012, 12:42 AM
Replace a RB with an OG. Also Jonathin Martin was available at pick 24, I think if Martin is available, the Steelers will snatch him up regardless of Hightower's availability

I still don't see tackle as much of a need.

st33lersguy
04-19-2012, 12:46 AM
I still don't see tackle as much of a need.

I don't see tackle as the biggest need either, but Martin has value at pick 24 and the front office could take him for pure value reasons.

Chidi29
04-19-2012, 12:49 AM
I don't see tackle as the biggest need either, but Martin has value at pick 24 and the front office could take him for pure value reasons.

Yeah, I hear you there. Though Martin's stock is all over the board. Some have graded him out as a second rounder.

7willBheaven
04-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Charlie 4-19-12

3rd - 87th - Isaiah Pead, RB, Cincinnati (Chapman was still on the board...and even Audie Cole ILB)

4th - 119th - Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia (James-Michael Johnson was still there)

5th - 159th - Akeem Hicks, DT, University of Regina (Trenton Robinson was available)

6th - 193rd - Tydreke Powell, DT (DE), North Carolina (Aaron Henry, and TE Paulson available)

-------------------------------------

Just added the 6th round...meh!

st33lersguy
04-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Charlie 4-19-12

5th - 159th - Akeem Hicks, DT, University of Regina (Trenton Robinson was available)

6th - 193rd - Tydreke Powell, DT (DE), North Carolina (Aaron Henry, and TE Paulson available)

-------------------------------------

Just added the 6th round...meh!

T-R-B-L turrible mock draft. The people on this draft site know too little about the steelers

7willBheaven
04-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Walts 4-22-12

2nd - 56th - Mitchell Schwartz, OT, California (Ta'amu, Brooks still around)

3rd - 87th - Bernard Pierce, RB, Temple (Markelle Martin still there)

4th - 119th - Hebron Fangupo, NT, BYU

5th - 151st - Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas

6th - 193rd - Lucas Nix, G, Pittsburgh

4 changes this time...the most he's ever done I think, haha. If he'd switch the 5th rounder back to Aaron Henry...I could live with this mock (even with an RB in the 3rd).

7willBheaven
04-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Since I realized when I started this thread...I shared what a number of sites had the Steelers picking...and I kinda got away from that (as I got tired of checking a ton of sites)...but since we're less than a week away from D Day...I figured I'd post what some other sites have the Steelers taking (only posting the top 3 rounds at most). In no particular order:

1st Round:

Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama
Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
Dont’a Hightower ILB/Alabama
Janoris Jenkins — CB — North Alabama
Dont’a Hightower, ILB Alabama
Dont’a Hightower, LB, Alabama
Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama
Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama
Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford
Dont’a Hightower, ILB, Alabama
LB Dont'a Hightower, Alabama
Dontari Poe, Memphis, DT
Devon Still DT Penn State
Dont'a Hightower LB, Alabama
Michael Brockers DT LSU
Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
Dont’a Hightower
Dont’a Hightower, LB, Alabama
Dont'a Hightower
Michael BrockersDT from LSU

2nd:

Chris Polk, RB, Washington
Zebrie Sanders — T — Florida State
Brandon Brooks, OG Miami
Alameda Ta’amu, DT, Washington
Mychal Kendricks, ILB, Cal Berkely
Lamar Miller, RB, Miami

3rd:

Ben Jones, OG, Georgia
Casey Hayward — CB — Vanderbilt
Andrew Datko, OT Florida State

-------------

Hightower looks like the common pick, haha

7willBheaven
04-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Greg Cox 4-21-12

2nd - 56th - Alameda Ta’amu, NT, Washington

7willBheaven
04-24-2012, 01:37 AM
Charlie 4-23-12

1st - 24th - Dont'a Hightower

3rd - 87th - Isaiah Pead, RB, Cincinnati

4th - 119th - David Paulson, TE, Oregon

6th - 193rd - Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas

7th - 231st - Hebron Fangupo, DT, BYU

7th - 240th - Keshawn Martin, WR, Michigan State

7th - 246th - Marquis Maze, WR, Alabama

7th - 248th - Case Keenum, QB, Houston

--------------

3 WRS? 3???? WTF!! Also 2 NTs? And one of the first times a TE was mocked to the Steelers.

7willBheaven
04-24-2012, 01:09 PM
Walts 4-24-12

2nd - 56th - Mitchell Schwartz, OT, California

7th - 231st - Jerrell Harris, ILB, Alabama

7th - 240th - Kelvin Beachum, G, SMU

7th - 246th - Jeremy Jones, CB, Wayne State

7th - 248th - John Hughes, DE/DT, Cincinnati

Chidi29
04-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Charlie 4-23-12

7th - 246th - Marquis Maze, WR, Alabama

--------------

3 WRS? 3???? WTF!! Also 2 NTs? And one of the first times a TE was mocked to the Steelers.

Hicks would probably be moved to DE.

7willBheaven
04-25-2012, 01:34 PM
Not that anyone cares as much about these being so close to the draft...but I'm still going to post the last few...

Charlie 4-25-12

3rd - 87th - LaMichael James, RB, Oregon

7th - 246th - John Hughes, DT, Cincinnati

----------------

Only the 3rd and 1 7th changed.

----------------

Walts 4-25-12

-------------

Only the 2nd rd changed.

7willBheaven
04-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Hicks would probably be moved to DE.

Interesting...but he is like 6'5" isnt he...so that could work.

7willBheaven
04-26-2012, 12:26 PM
Final Mocks:

Charlie 4-26-12

2nd - 56th - Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State

3rd - 87th - LaMichael James, RB, Oregon

7th - 246th - John Hughes, DT, Cincinnati

----------------

Only the 2nd rd changed.

----------------

Walts 4-26-12

-------------

Switched HBs in the 3rd.

Chidi29
04-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Interesting...but he is like 6'5" isnt he...so that could work.

Yeah, that's why I suggested that. Too tall for the nose. Of course, I've never seen him play so I can't say anything as a certainity.

Texasteel
04-26-2012, 04:22 PM
Final Mocks:

----------------

Walts 4-26-12

-------------

Switched HBs in the 3rd.

Actually bud, I think I could live quite nicely with this draft. How ever, I am starting to hear that either DeCastro, or Glenn could be available when we pick and that could change everything.