PDA

View Full Version : Gerry: Pouncey on their radar but...

stillers4me
05-07-2011, 08:52 AM
A couple thoughts on the Steelers and their patience in the NFL draft:
-- They did not package a bunch of picks and move up at least 16 spots to draft Mike Pouncey, Maurkice’s brother. They don’t need a guard that bad to sacrifice the price it would have paid to jump that high.
-- That being said, the Steelers were willing to trade up to get Pouncey, but only if he slipped past the 20th pick. Until then, they weren’t moving.
-- I would have bundled a package and traded up when Nebraska CB Prince Amukamara kept slipping, lasting all the way till the 17th pick. There was a big dropoff in talent after the Prince and I would have made the move.......

Read more @ http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/109753-gerry-pouncey-on-their-radar-but

HometownGal
05-07-2011, 09:03 AM
I agree with not bumping up 16 spots to grab Mike Pouncey - it would have cost them a TON to do so and as the author states, we don't need a T that badly. However, our CB need was at the top of the list, so depending on what we would have had to sacrifice in order to get Amukamara, I may have considered it as he is just a phenomenal player.

stillers4me
05-07-2011, 09:40 AM
As he was falling, I kept thinking "holy crap....maybe???'

ALLD
05-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Maybe we could have traded Dixon to one of those teams who needed a QB.