PDA

View Full Version : Hoke Hopes To Be Back In Black & Gold

stillers4me
05-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Chris Hoke is technically a free agent right now, but he tells SportsRadio 93-7 The Fan’s Ron Cook that he’d love to be back with the Steelers.

He talks more about how he’s handling these bizarre times in the NFL.

Hoke also talks about if the Rashard Mendenhall situation could affect the Steelers’ locker room, shares his thoughts on the draft, and admits that the Super Bowl loss still gnaws at him a bit...........

read more @ http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/05/06/hoke-hopes-to-be-back-in-black-gold/

7willBheaven
05-06-2011, 03:36 PM
I didnt listen to the recording...but I have a gut feeling he'll be back. Unless theres a UDFA NT that can beat him out.

steelreserve
05-06-2011, 09:44 PM
I sure hope he come back, because we did ourselves no favors in the draft if re-signing him wasn't the plan.

st33lersguy
05-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Gee Colbert and Co., maybe that's why you draft a NT. What do they do when the lockout ends and someone else snags him?

stillers4me
05-07-2011, 10:01 AM
This is a great interview! I've always like Hoke...very likable guy and he's always there when we need him.

steeldevil
05-07-2011, 11:18 AM
I hope he is back as well. He is a good back up and did not seem to drop off any last season.

7willBheaven
05-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Gee Colbert and Co., maybe that's why you draft a NT. What do they do when the lockout ends and someone else snags him?

Hoke isnt going to just sign somewhere else...he has loyalty to the Steelers, hes a class act. He WANTS to be here (as many others do to)....he's not going to sign elsewhere without giving the Steelers a chance. If he was some stupid money grubbin player that dont care...then maybe. But players like Hoke and others do not do things that way.

HometownGal
05-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Hoke isnt going to just sign somewhere else...he has loyalty to the Steelers, hes a class act. He WANTS to be here (as many others do to)....he's not going to sign elsewhere without giving the Steelers a chance. If he was some stupid money grubbin player that dont care...then maybe. But players like Hoke and others do not do things that way.

Agreed. Hoke is meant to wear the black 'n gold and I see no reason why the Steelers won't make an honest effort to get him signed. I've always liked the guy, as well - good work ethic, great guy and gives 150% every time he's on that field. :tt03:

KeiselPower99
05-07-2011, 04:17 PM
I dont see him going anywhere unless someone throws a ton of cash at him like the Redskins did with Randle El.

The Duke
05-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Guy could easily start for many teams, and there are plenty of teams still shifting to the 3-4 that have no nose (texans come to mind)

but this guy is as loyal as they come. I have no doubt he's back with us

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-08-2011, 02:17 PM
aging veteran backup with no real competition on the roster other than Steve McClendon. He will be back, but I sure wish we took Myron Pryor a couple seasons ago instead of Sunny Harris....he could be the young backup that Hoke isnt and save some more cap space to use elsewhere.

SteelGhost
05-09-2011, 06:42 PM
I hope he returns, we need him.