PDA

View Full Version : Mendy Needs to delete his twitter account.

Borski
05-02-2011, 06:39 PM
http://thatschurch.com/2011/05/02/dear-rashard-delete-your-twitter-account-part-ii/

I'm sure some of you read PittGirl's blog, but if you don't she's a pretty funny blogger who talks alot about the Steelers and other events going on in Pittsburgh.

But today she points out when Mendy needs to ditch his twitter account...

stillers4me
05-02-2011, 06:42 PM
I've been reading them. He's entitled to his opinion but right now he needs to shut the front door.

steeldevil
05-02-2011, 06:48 PM
The stuff about women is uncalled for, but everything else is fine by me. Rashard is clearly a deep thinker.

Devilsdancefloor
05-02-2011, 06:50 PM
some one needs to talk to the young man! he is making a fool of himself

BlastFurnace
05-02-2011, 06:50 PM
In a matter of 24 hours, Mendenhall will claim his comments were taken out of context.

He's quickly becoming my least favorite Steeler.

pepsyman1
05-02-2011, 07:02 PM
It's amazing how little all these guys think about the fact that everything they say in this day and age is in the public spotlight. Most of them need to learn how to be invisible when they aren't on the playing field before they screw up their career by making stupid comments and making enemies out of the people who buy the tickets.

SteelerEmpire
05-02-2011, 07:17 PM
I don't think he's an Ocho Stinko, but the lockout is on so I think he gets to say just about anything since he's "technically" not employed right now.

7willBheaven
05-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Some people need to relax and let it go...who cares what he says/does in his own time...jeeez. I've seen and heard worse.

siss
05-02-2011, 07:28 PM
He sounds like a conspiracy theorists.

I have a tin foil hat if he needs it.

Steeltreal
05-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Honestly if you guys care about Mendenhalls Twitter you care too much. Its like watching TMZ for athletes get a life.

Craic
05-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Why be mad at the truth?

:huh:

:behindsofa:

:chuckle:

86WARD
05-02-2011, 08:14 PM
What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side...

http://twitter.com/#!/R_Mendenhall/status/65166153525379072

fansince'76
05-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Misogyny much, Rashard? Some girl did a number on him - I'm amazed at the level of bitterness he obviously has towards women considering how young he is. :jawdrop2:

43Hitman
05-02-2011, 08:44 PM
meh. If you don't like what he has to say,then don't read it. This is America and he can pretty much say what he wants.

JayC
05-02-2011, 09:02 PM
some stuff just shouldn't be posted online

SteelGhost
05-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Uhh... someone needs a big dose of STFU and start training for the next season of NFL football, LOL.

tube517
05-02-2011, 09:46 PM
You know what they say about the quiet people......He rarely says anything to the media but on Twitter, he's been just a total goofball.

Psycho Ward 86
05-02-2011, 09:52 PM
What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side...

http://twitter.com/#!/R_Mendenhall/status/65166153525379072

Although controversial in a lot of his tweets, i like that he's speaking his mind, such as this one. Good food for thought on that one Rashard!

X-Terminator
05-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Although controversial in a lot of his tweets, i like that he's speaking his mind, such as this one. Good food for thought on that one Rashard!

Except we HAVE heard him speak. On MULTIPLE occasions. Hell, the guy was interviewed on American TV a couple of months before 9/11 and he said that he was going to "strike at the heart of the U.S.", or something in that vein. He also took credit for the U.S.S. Cole bombing and I believe the bombing of the Khobar Towers, in addition to 9/11. So once again, Rashard doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about and really should educate himself before he opens his big, fat mouth.

That being said...he does have the right to speak his mind, as well as the right to make a fool out of himself for all of the world to see. Let him have his Twitter account, so he can keep doing the latter for our entertainment.

The Duke
05-02-2011, 10:34 PM
I hate conspiracy theorists. Don't make me hate you too man rashard!

He may be entitled to his opinion but he should just get off "social media" and start doing something more productive. Heck, all athletes ( and everyone else for that matter) should do the same

It's surprising though since he's such a quiet guy

zulater
05-03-2011, 05:36 AM
Hard to believe Mendy is this stupid. :doh: Dude needs educated as to exactly who Bin Laden was and what he has done, and yes Mendy, he was responsible for 9-11, you fucking moron! He was a mass murderer, who wanted nothing more than to strike at America again and again, making no distinction between targets, an indiscriminate killer of woman and children, a man who wanted to impose his extreme views of Islam on the Muslim world and then kill the rest of us "infidels". So yeah dumbass, we celebrate his death.

Burghfan58
05-03-2011, 06:28 AM
meh. If you don't like what he has to say,then don't read it. This is America and he can pretty much say what he wants.

No one is denying his right to speak or twitter. People are expressing their right to say he sounds like a fool.

43Hitman
05-03-2011, 06:32 AM
No one is denying his right to speak or twitter. People are expressing their right to say he sounds like a fool.

well the title says he should delete his twitter account.

SteelerSal
05-03-2011, 06:45 AM
I gaurentee that we would dislike half of these players off of the field if we actually got to know them personally.....I just enjoy watching them play football...can care less about how stupid they are off the field. :lol:

Vis
05-03-2011, 06:59 AM
Can you say, "blow me, bitch" and ask others about God's opinion of their hearts on the same day?

atlsteelers
05-03-2011, 08:11 AM
when Mendy is done playing out his rookie contract the steelers should let him walk. he is an idiot who can not protect the ball. When you look at all of the great backs that where taken in that draft and we had to take this bum. ray rice would have looked good in black and gold and we would not have to hear mendy comparing his million dollar contract and playing in the nfl to the suffering and misery that was slaverey or how we should give rats ass about osama. I really hope somebody hacked into his twitter account or he better start claiming his account was hacked regardless.

SteelerSal
05-03-2011, 08:27 AM
when Mendy is done playing out his rookie contract the steelers should let him walk. he is an idiot who can not protect the ball. When you look at all of the great backs that where taken in that draft and we had to take this bum. ray rice would have looked good in black and gold and we would not have to hear mendy comparing his million dollar contract and playing in the nfl to the suffering and misery that was slaverey or how we should give rats ass about osama. I really hope somebody hacked into his twitter account or he better start claiming his account was hacked regardless.

Why have Rice in Black and Gold?? Like to see Redman get those touches. :)

atlsteelers
05-03-2011, 08:36 AM
sal a little more redamn would be nice or coach could run him until his wheels fall off and if so who cares about that second contract, haha. mendy is tweeting himself off of this team. i guess he did not learn anything from holmes and his tweets.

steeldevil
05-03-2011, 08:37 AM

Mendenhall can't protect the ball? He only fumbled once or twice the whole season this past year. And once in the Super Bowl but that was because Matthews put his helmet right on the ball. Not much Mendenhall could do about that.

Just because you may not like what he says does not mean he is a bust as a football player. Because he is clearly a very good RB...

atlsteelers
05-03-2011, 08:46 AM
he is a good football player when motivated. but he does hold the ball like a loaf of bread and has had issues with holding on to the ball. He just needs to close his twiter account.

JonM229
05-03-2011, 09:11 AM
So, when is Mendenhall going to come out and say that Hitler was misunderstood?

zulater
05-03-2011, 09:17 AM
So, when is Mendenhall going to come out and say that Hitler was misunderstood?

Given his "understanding" of current events, good chance he doesn't even know who Hitler is.

SteelerSal
05-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Given his "understanding" of current events, good chance he doesn't even know who Hitler is.

Sure he does.... http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/allies-bomb-northern-nazi-germany-34.jpg

SteelerSal
05-03-2011, 09:37 AM
Sure he does.... http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/allies-bomb-northern-nazi-germany-34.jpg

I mean I should of said, "Why sointantly he does..nyuck, nyuck, nyuck..."

LLT
05-03-2011, 09:52 AM
I hate conspiracy theorists. Don't make me hate you too man rashard!

He may be entitled to his opinion but he should just get off "social media" and start doing something more productive. Heck, all athletes ( and everyone else for that matter) should do the same

It's surprising though since he's such a quiet guy

I quess I take a look at these situations from the outside looking in.

1) Some people are raised in an enviroment where they are led to believe that the Government is the "bad guy". This line of thinking is used to excuse ones own lot in life...making it the fault of "the man" insted of taking personal responsibility for ones own destiny.
Right or wrong (and he is definately WRONG)...If one is raised with that type of mentality...its easy to believe all the conspiracy theories and to even be sympathetic to those who oppose traditional American thought.

2) He is actually correct about one thing....True Christian thought would be that even the worst of your enemies are worthy of prayer for repentence and salvation. Emotionally we all may be "happy" to see Obama killed and feel justified in our "joy" that he got what he derved and is rotting in Hell. Spiritually that is wrong. I dont think that Christ wants any one to go to Hell. I think that Osama's judgment at his death and his eternal torment is not something that God rejoices in.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise (of judgement), as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Now I am as big a patriot as they come...and I am glad that at least a portion of the threat towards the country that I love has been eliminated. But I am trying to stay focused on what God has placed into my heart in regards to even the worst offender never having known Him.

Just so that everyone knows where I stand...If I was still in the service...I would have taken the shot myself with no qualms....but I still have to put things into perspective.

zulater
05-03-2011, 10:22 AM

1) Some people are raised in an enviroment where they are led to believe that the Government is the "bad guy". This line of thinking is used to excuse ones own lot in life...making it the fault of "the man" insted of taking personal responsibility for ones own destiny.
Right or wrong (and he is definately WRONG)...If one is raised with that type of mentality...its easy to believe all the conspiracy theories and to even be sympathetic to those who oppose traditional American thought.

2) He is actually correct about one thing....True Christian thought would be that even the worst of your enemies are worthy of prayer for repentence and salvation. Emotionally we all may be "happy" to see Obama killed and feel justified in our "joy" that he got what he derved and is rotting in Hell. Spiritually that is wrong. I dont think that Christ wants any one to go to Hell. I think that Osama's judgment at his death and his eternal torment is not something that God rejoices in.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise (of judgement), as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Now I am as big a patriot as they come...and I am glad that at least a portion of the threat towards the country that I love has been eliminated. But I am trying to stay focused on what God has placed into my heart in regards to even the worst offender never having known Him.

Just so that everyone knows where I stand...If I was still in the service...I would have taken the shot myself with no qualms....but I still have to put things into perspective.

Very thoughtfull post. :applaudit:

Mendy is still an idiot though. Guy is far enough removed from the "hood" to be cognizant of the world that surrounds him. And if he doesn't understand what Bin Laden represents to the rest of the country he should have at least taken the time to find out to the extent that he could make a more informed and rationale argument as to why the public at large was wrong in their responce to his demise.

SteelerSal
05-03-2011, 10:22 AM

Good post...

fansince'76
05-03-2011, 10:38 AM

I was actually under the impression that Mendenhall was pretty intelligent, but considering all the stupid things he's said lately, I'm not so sure now.

SteelerEmpire
05-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Article:

Rooney can’t “explain or even comprehend” Mendenhall’s comments

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/artrooneymarch11ap-e1300044592327.jpg?w=233

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 3, 2011, 10:34 AM EDT

AP
In the hours after Osama bin Laden was killed, Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall posted some messages on Twitter suggesting that he doesn’t think bin Laden was behind 9/11. Steelers President Art Rooney II said he’s baffled that Mendenhall would say such a thing.

LINK: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/03/rooney-cant-explain-or-even-comprehend-mendenhalls-comments/related/

Bluecoat96
05-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Being in education, I've had to sit through some pretty "interesting" classes while in college. I remember sitting through my ed-psych class thinking that many of the things I learned were a load of crap. One of which was the different levels of cognitive development as a child grows into an adult. People develop at different rates. For example, a teenager might be smart as a whip, but lacks the cognitive ability to look outside the box in terms of how he or she interprets data. As a result, they develop a sense of idealism, or a very self-centered view of things. There's always exceptions to this, but in my 12 years of teaching, I've found this to be pretty spot-on.

Basically I'm saying that I get the impression that Mr. Mendenhall is very idealistic in his views. He's cognitively incapable of looking "outside the box" to consider what affect his views and ideas have on other people. We tend to forget that he's "only" 23 years old, and still has a world of growing up and maturing to do. He strikes me as a very smart, yet still very young and very emotionally immature man.

or he's just an asshole. :-)

Vis
05-03-2011, 11:18 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6471433

Rashard Mendenhall doesn't hold back

PITTSBURGH -- Rashard Mendenhall has created a stir with comments made on his official Twitter page regarding Osama bin Laden's death.

The Pittsburgh Steelers' running back on Monday tweeted: "What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side ... "

Mendenhall didn't hold back, even making a reference to the Sept. 11 attacks, tweeting: "We'll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style."

The Steelers felt compelled to act. On Tuesday, team president Art Rooney II released a statement.....

Edman
05-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Mendy is exorcising his right to speak his mind, even if it is complete and idiotic horseshit. When you're dealing with sensitive topics like nationalism and life, it's best to keep your mouth shut. I think we can establish the fact that Mr. Mendenhall's Illinois Education didn't do him much.

Oh well, Tomlin will run his wheels off for the next few years and send him into an early retirement.

SteelerSal
05-03-2011, 11:31 AM
Mendy is exorcising his right to speak his mind, but when you're dealing with sensitive topics like nationalism and life, it's best to keep your mouth shut.

Oh well, Tomlin will run his wheels off for the next few years and send him into an early retirement.

Got a feeling Mendy will be sending himself off into early retirement and not Tomlin.

Vis
05-03-2011, 11:31 AM
Mendy is exorcising his right to speak his mind, but when you're dealing with sensitive topics like nationalism and life, it's best to keep your mouth shut.

He's killing his market value. Has he gotten any ads?

polamalubeast
05-03-2011, 11:34 AM
I'm stunned:doh2::doh::doh::rant::frusty::frusty::frus ty::mad2:

SteelerEmpire
05-03-2011, 11:35 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6471433

Rashard Mendenhall doesn't hold back

PITTSBURGH -- Rashard Mendenhall has created a stir with comments made on his official Twitter page regarding Osama bin Laden's death.

The Pittsburgh Steelers' running back on Monday tweeted: "What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side ... "

Mendenhall didn't hold back, even making a reference to the Sept. 11 attacks, tweeting: "We'll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style."

The Steelers felt compelled to act. On Tuesday, team president Art Rooney II released a statement.....

Sounds to me like he's a tea partier .... :chuckle:

steeldevil
05-03-2011, 11:37 AM
It seems everyone is getting all hung up on the bin Laden and 9/11 conspiracy comments. As I stated earlier I think the remarks about women are worse. I don't really see what the big deal is over the bin Laden comments. Like LLT said, the bible preaches forgiveness for everyone regardless what what they did. So anyone who is a "true christian" should not rejoice in bin Laden's death because they should have forgiven him for what he did. Clearly that is not the case, which is just another example of how REAL "true christians" are very rare. Most people are fake christians.

The 9/11 conspiracy theories should not have been brought up but scientists have said that the falling of the towers did not match up with how they were impacted. Not saying I believe the theories, but I completely understand how some people question the events of that day. But if a person feels that way they should keep it in their thoughts or discuss it at some private meeting, not broadcast it for everyone to see. That is disrespectful to everyone that died or lost someone close to them that day.

The stuff about women was totally uncalled for. Those comments are the ones I think he should apologize for.

Bash away....

SteelerSal
05-03-2011, 11:40 AM
It seems everyone is getting all hung up on the bin Laden and 9/11 conspiracy comments. As I stated earlier I think the remarks about women are worse. I don't really see what the big deal is over the bin Laden comments. Like LLT said, the bible preaches forgiveness for everyone regardless what what they did. So anyone who is a "true christian" should not rejoice in bin Laden's death because they should have forgiven him for what he did. Clearly that is not the case, which is just another example of how all these "true christians" are very rare.

The 9/11 conspiracy theories should not have been brought up but scientists have said that the falling of the towers did not match up with how they were impacted. Not saying I believe the theories, but I completely understand how some people question the events of that day. But if a person feels that way they should keep it in their thoughts or discuss it at some private meeting, not broadcast it for everyone to see. That is disrespectful to everyone that died or lost someone close to them that day.

The stuff about women was totally uncalled for. Those comments are the ones I think he should apologize for.

Bash away....

I have been referring to all of his tweets....there should be some kind of "common sense" test that should be taken before someone can be allowed to open a twitter account.

steeldevil
05-03-2011, 11:43 AM
I wasn't referring to anyone on this site, but to the fact that all of the articles reacting to his tweets are directed at his bin Laden and 9/11 conspiracy tweets and not the negative women ones. Sorry for the confusion Sal.

And Rooney's statement about it only addressed those points and ignored the ones about women as well.

Craic
05-03-2011, 11:52 AM
Being in education, I've had to sit through some pretty "interesting" classes while in college. I remember sitting through my ed-psych class thinking that many of the things I learned were a load of crap. One of which was the different levels of cognitive development as a child grows into an adult. People develop at different rates. For example, a teenager might be smart as a whip, but lacks the cognitive ability to look outside the box in terms of how he or she interprets data. As a result, they develop a sense of idealism, or a very self-centered view of things. There's always exceptions to this, but in my 12 years of teaching, I've found this to be pretty spot-on.

Basically I'm saying that I get the impression that Mr. Mendenhall is very idealistic in his views. He's cognitively incapable of looking "outside the box" to consider what affect his views and ideas have on other people. We tend to forget that he's "only" 23 years old, and still has a world of growing up and maturing to do. He strikes me as a very smart, yet still very young and very emotionally immature man.
or he's just an asshole. :-)

I'm sure I haven't had the training you have had in that area. So let me ask, at 23, if I remember correctly, the brain has just finished it's development. So his deeper level "Gray Thinking" is just now coming to form. By that I mean, the ability to think not in absolutes, but to work in concepts of degrees within absolutes. Am I remembering that correctly?

If it is true, then you have to wonder what being an NFL player for a couple years already does to a person whose brain is still developing.

SteelerSal
05-03-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm sure I haven't had the training you have had in that area. So let me ask, at 23, if I remember correctly, the brain has just finished it's development. So his deeper level "Gray Thinking" is just now coming to form. By that I mean, the ability to think not in absolutes, but to work in concepts of degrees within absolutes. Am I remembering that correctly?

If it is true, then you have to wonder what being an NFL player for a couple years already does to a person whose brain is still developing.

I'll take a guess in saying that any kind of common sense gets knocked out of a players helmet ear hole..it seems....

LLT
05-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Like LLT said, the bible preaches forgiveness for everyone regardless what what they did. So anyone who is a "true christian" should not rejoice in bin Laden's death because they should have forgiven him for what he did. Clearly that is not the case, which is just another example of how REAL "true christians" are very rare. Most people are fake christians.

No bashing...but I want to make myself clear on something.

Here is my belief on the matter.

Being a "True" Christian doesnt mean being perfect. My first thought when I found out that Osama had been killed was not very Christian at all. I am a true Christian....but I am also human...unworthy of grace...undeserving of mercy...and unable to control my pride and my personal desires. THAT is why I needed a Savior. If I got what I deserved, I would burn in Hell...that is the price for my sins. Someone else paid that price for me. Not because I was worthy, not because I was deserving and not because of something that I did....But because HE was worthy and deserving and because of what He did.

I forget that fact...waaaaaaay to often, and want to take, onto myself, all the sense of entightlement that really doesnt belong to me at all.

I have been reminded of that fact very recently....and its very humbling to see yourself through Gods eyes

Vis
05-03-2011, 12:12 PM
We agnostics can be glad he's dead but we can't rejoice in the burning in hell part

SteelerSal
05-03-2011, 12:15 PM

Being a "True" Christian doesnt mean being perfect. My first thought when I found out that Osama had been killed was not very Christian at all. I am a true Christian....but I am also human...unworthy of grace...undeserving of mercy...and unable to control my pride and my personal desires. THAT is why I needed a Savior. If I got what I deserved, I would burn in Hell...that is the price for my sins. Someone else paid that price for me. Not because I was worthy, not because I was deserving and not because of something that I did....But because HE was worthy and deserving and because of what He did.

I forget that fact...waaaaaaay to often, and want to take, onto myself, all the sense of entightlement that really doesnt belong to me at all.

AMEN to that!!

steeldevil
05-03-2011, 12:30 PM
I'm not trying to start an argument here and I'm definately not trying to insult anyone or their religion. I'm sorry if I did.

My comment was more directed at the many people I know and many more that I don't know that act like they are so much better than me just because my beliefs are slightly different than theirs. And I know for a fact that a lot of the people that act like they are better than me because of my "inferior" beliefs are not true Christians (or whatever you want to call it). They are just scared shitless of the concept of hell and so they become a Christian to escape eternal suffering. And that is the only reason. They don't worship God or Jesus at all and don't follow the concepts of Christianity at all. They just become a Christian because they are afraid of burning. Then they think they are safe and they continue to live the same way. I know I live a better life than people that are like that, but yet they still act like they are better than me just because they have the label of Christian upon them but I don't. Its like because I'm not Christian that means I am automatically an atheist. Which I am not. I have my beliefs but I do not believe in organized religion, so I am not going to follow one....

Being anything other than a Christian Baptist or Methodist in the South is no fun.

Just George
05-03-2011, 12:31 PM

I have been reminded of that fact very recently....and its very humbling to see yourself through Gods eyes

Very well said.....

steeldawg
05-03-2011, 12:38 PM
No one is arguing free speech but when you put your thoughts out for the world to see you better be ready to deal with the backlash. No i dont think we should even think about letting this guy walk he is a solid running back and will be for years. Him saying we never heard this man speak is a bit of a head scratcher, we have heard bin ladin speak on several occassions.

LLT
05-03-2011, 12:50 PM
I'm not trying to start an argument here and I'm definately not trying to insult anyone or their religion. I'm sorry if I did.

My comment was more directed at the many people I know and many more that I don't know that act like they are so much better than me just because my beliefs are slightly different than theirs. And I know for a fact that a lot of the people that act like they are better than me because of my "inferior" beliefs are not true Christians (or whatever you want to call it). They are just scared shitless of the concept of hell and so they become a Christian to escape eternal suffering. And that is the only reason. They don't worship God or Jesus at all and don't follow the concepts of Christianity at all. They just become a Christian because they are afraid of burning. Then they think they are safe and they continue to live the same way. I know I live a better life than people that are like that, but yet they still act like they are better than me just because they have the label of Christian upon them but I don't. Its like because I'm not Christian that means I am automatically an atheist. Which I am not. I have my beliefs but I do not believe in organized religion, so I am not going to follow one....

Being anything other than a Christian Baptist or Methodist in the South is no fun.

No worries... I didnt take it that way....I just didnt want to come across as "holier than thou" to anyone.

Craic
05-03-2011, 01:37 PM
the bible preaches forgiveness for everyone regardless what what they did. So anyone who is a "true christian" should not rejoice in bin Laden's death because they should have forgiven him for what he did. Clearly that is not the case, which is just another example of how REAL "true christians" are very rare. Most people are fake christians.

I read your later comments, and appreciate your clarifications. With that said, I wanted to address some of your thoughts on a theological level-by that I mean, explain a bit more how a Christian can both forgive, and rejoice (to some degree) in his death.

Every Christian must temper their joy of seeing something evil destroyed, with the reality that every human being is made in the image of God. Even OBL. When a human life is taken, it is a cause for mourning as well, in EVERY case. Sometimes, that human life has been forfeited by his or her own actions. However, such mourning is also tempered with the reminder that the person made a choice, and is now experiencing the fulfillment of their own choice.

There is also the joy of seeing an embodiment of evil meeting its end. For me personally, I believe he was through and through evil. Had he hit only military installations, I'd probably have a different thought. Then, it would be more of a war against a country-a difference of culture and opinion on a large scale. But the flat-out disregard for human life-especially civilian life makes him evil in my opinion. I rejoice that such an evil is removed.

The real question that we all should be asking ourselves, is what is happening in American culture, that allows us to be so brash when it comes to the sanctity of human life? I can point out a few examples, but this isn't the time or place-and those topics have been hacked to death on our forums.

LLT
05-03-2011, 01:47 PM
I read your later comments, and appreciate your clarifications. With that said, I wanted to address some of your thoughts on a theological level-by that I mean, explain a bit more how a Christian can both forgive, and rejoice (to some degree) in his death.

Every Christian must temper their joy of seeing something evil destroyed, with the reality that every human being is made in the image of God. Even OBL. When a human life is taken, it is a cause for mourning as well, in EVERY case. Sometimes, that human life has been forfeited by his or her own actions. However, such mourning is also tempered with the reminder that the person made a choice, and is now experiencing the fulfillment of their own choice.

There is also the joy of seeing an embodiment of evil meeting its end. For me personally, I believe he was through and through evil. Had he hit only military installations, I'd probably have a different thought. Then, it would be more of a war against a country-a difference of culture and opinion on a large scale. But the flat-out disregard for human life-especially civilian life makes him evil in my opinion. I rejoice that such an evil is removed.

The real question that we all should be asking ourselves, is what is happening in American culture, that allows us to be so brash when it comes to the sanctity of human life? I can point out a few examples, but this isn't the time or place-and those topics have been hacked to death on our forums.

As usual, Preacher....you have crystalized my thought process on the matter.

As a Christian:

I DO rejoice that an obviously evil person was removed from the earth...and understand that he made a choice that directly affected his eternal destiny

I DO mourn the fact that he died without knowing the peace and security of Christ. But for the grace of God.....

Vis
05-03-2011, 01:48 PM
As usual, Preacher....you have crystalized my thought process on the matter.

As a Christian:

I DO rejoice that an obviously evil person was removed from the earth...and understand that he made a choice that directly affected his eternal destiny

I DO mourn the fact that he died without knowing the peace and security of Christ. But for the grace of God.....

Aren't those both your assumptions?

LLT
05-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Aren't those both your assumptions?

Read it again...that is why I prefaced the statements with "AS A CHRISTIAN".

Vis
05-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Read it again...that is why I prefaced the statements with "AS A CHRISTIAN".

You assume to know his eternal destiny. His sins weren't beyond God's forgiveness.

7willBheaven
05-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Wow this thread is still going...ahhh...

SteelerSal
05-03-2011, 02:17 PM

Yes because you helped add to it... :)

LLT
05-03-2011, 02:25 PM
You assume to know his eternal destiny. His sins weren't beyond God's forgiveness.

Ah...now I see where you were going. My apologies.

You are exactly correct...I DO NOT know the condition of his heart at the time of his death. I think that a reasonable person can gather, from his actions and his teachings, that the chance for repentance before he died was pretty unlikely....but again...you are correct...It is still an intellectual assumption.

fansince'76
05-03-2011, 02:29 PM

No doubt. Praying for a breakthrough on a new CBA.... :pray:

Vis
05-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Ah...now I see where you were going. My apologies.

You are exactly correct...I DO NOT know the condition of his heart at the time of his death. I think that a reasonable person can gather, from his actions and his teachings, that the chance for repentance before he died was pretty unlikely....but again...you are correct...It is still an intellectual assumption.

I never said it was a bad assumption.

LLT
05-03-2011, 02:55 PM
I never said it was a bad assumption.

LOL....But you are correct...it is an assumption none the less

7willBheaven
05-03-2011, 02:57 PM

Shoot anything at this point haha...rookie talk...FA talk...anything but this crap, haha

steeldevil
05-03-2011, 03:27 PM
LLT you brought up one of the main reasons why I am not a Christian, which is the idea in Christianity that everyone who is not Christian at the time of their death goes to hell no matter how they lived their life.

I find this premise of Christianity to be completely and utterly rediculous.

No Christian on the face of the Earth will ever convince me that Mohandas Ghandi is and deserves to be in a place of eternal suffering right now just because he wasn't a Christian. I can't even fathom how anyone could believe such a thing...

LLT
05-03-2011, 03:35 PM
LLT you brought up one of the main reasons why I am not a Christian, which is the idea in Christianity that everyone who is not Christian at the time of their death goes to hell no matter how they lived their life.

I find this premise of Christianity to be completely and utterly rediculous.

No Christian on the face of the Earth will ever convince me that Mohandas Ghandi is and deserves to be in a place of eternal suffering right now just because he wasn't a Christian. I can't even fathom how anyone could believe such a thing...

Steeldevil...I respect your opinion..but this isnt the thread for that type of discussion.

My reply was directly related to what Mendy said...and how I felt about it. This thread is NOT about Christianity itself...just how Christians should feel about the death of Osama in light of Mendys comments.

I'm going politely ask that we dont go in that direction.

X-Terminator
05-03-2011, 03:52 PM
LLT is right. If you guys really want to discuss the religious/spiritual aspects of Mendenhall's comments, you may do so in The Soapbox forum. I'd rather keep this thread about Mendenhall being a moron on Twitter. Thanks.

steeldevil
05-03-2011, 03:59 PM
Very well, back to the topic.

I was happy when I heard we finally got him but I certainly wasn't bouncing off the walls like some people. And I definitely didn't have the urge to go out on the streets dancing. Or post something controvertial on twitter afterward like a certain somebody. He is entitled to think that way if he wants but he should know that certain thoughts should just stay thoughts. And this is one of those thoughts....

And according to my beliefs bin Laden is in a place of eternal suffering, regardless of the condition of his heart at the time of his death.

Craic
05-03-2011, 03:59 PM
LLT is right. If you guys really want to discuss the religious/spiritual aspects of Mendenhall's comments, you may do so in The Soapbox forum. I'd rather keep this thread about Mendenhall being a moron on Twitter. Thanks.

So, can a Christian Steelers fan forgive Mendy for his actions while rejoicing that he is a steeler yet assume that he is a moron whether or not his sins are forgiven during the lockout, all the while being associated with agnostics from the south?

(don't worry, I'll show myself to the door. )

steeldevil
05-03-2011, 04:03 PM
So, can a Christian Steelers fan forgive Mendy for his actions while rejoicing that he is a steeler yet assume that he is a moron whether or not his sins are forgiven during the lockout, all the while being associated with agnostics from the south?

Absolutely not..... wait.... :huh:

LLT
05-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Very well, back to the topic.

I was happy when I heard we finally got him but I certainly wasn't bouncing off the walls like some people. And I definitely didn't have the urge to go out on the streets dancing. Or post something controvertial on twitter afterward like a certain somebody. He is entitled to think that way if he wants but he should know that certain thoughts should just stay thoughts. And this is one of those thoughts....

And according to my beliefs bin Laden is in a place of eternal suffering, regardless of the condition of his heart at the time of his death.

Pretty much exactly how I felt.

Bluecoat96
05-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Maybe Mendy needs one of these.

http://www.popsci.com/files/imagecache/article_image_large/articles/foilhats_400.jpg

Craic
05-03-2011, 04:20 PM

http://www.popsci.com/files/imagecache/article_image_large/articles/foilhats_400.jpg

A movie about Signs and Aliens?

steeldevil
05-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Anyone else worried that defenders may try to cheap shot Mendy this season??? If there is a season...

Craic
05-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Anyone else worried that defenders may try to cheap shot Mendy this season??? If there is a season...

Honestly, I don't think they care.

steeldevil
05-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Honestly, I don't think they care.

Who doesn't care? The Steelers fans on this site or defenders on other teams?

Bluecoat96
05-03-2011, 05:02 PM
A movie about Signs and Aliens?

haha...Mr. Funny-pants. :rolleyes3::D

LLT
05-03-2011, 05:17 PM

Swing away Mendy... swing away.

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-03-2011, 05:50 PM

Are you praying as a fan, christian, muslim or other? Sorry G...I cant help but stir the pot.

Its why I separate the football player from the person with guys like Mendenhall, Ben, Greg Lloyd, etc. DROP THE PHONE AND BACK AWAY FROM THE TWITTER ACCOUNT!!!

silver & black
05-03-2011, 05:57 PM

Outstanding post.

steel striker
05-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Please hurry with the new cba because, I stand much more of this crap. As far as Mendy goes I hope someone breaks it down for this lost soul.

Count Steeler
05-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Perhaps twittering is an exercise to increase his thumb strength so that the football remains IN his grasp, even during very important pivotal moments of Super Bowl games.

stillers4me
05-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Can't tell you howe much I've enjoyed reading this thread! :applaudit:

And personally, I know that it's God's place to judge him. I'm just so happy we arranged the meeting. :chuckle:

BigNastyDefense
05-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Mendy is just another dumb jock that doesn't think before he opens his mouth, or in this case types a tweet.

If you wouldn't say it in a press conference or interview; then don't post it on your twitter, facebook, blog, myspace (if anyone still uses that lol), or whatever other piece of media you might use.

Yes, you have the right to free speech. But being in the public eye and a representative of the Steelers and the NFL you need to guard your speech. Everything you say is dissected. One comment, even one taken out of contest, is plucked and spun by the media.

And as a Steeler I feel you have to be extra careful because we are kind of like the Yankees of football. People either love us or they hate us, there isn't really an in-between.

HometownGal
05-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Can you say, "blow me, bitch" and ask others about God's opinion of their hearts on the same day?

:applaudit: :lol: :thumbsup:

Spot on Vis.

He who lives in a glass house should not throw stones, Mendy.

P.S. I hope you never get another hummer. See how you like giving yourself a boo. Ass.

zulater
05-04-2011, 05:19 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11124/1143869-150-0.stm

Great column by Gene Collier in todays PPG. The story needs to be read in it's entirety to be fully appreciated, so rather than quote any one paragraph and have one aspect of the column overshadow the full story I'll just leave the link.

btw I'm not neccessarily one that believes that Mendenhall has to be gotten rid of at this point. But I think he certainly needs to sit down and educate himself to some facts and then offer a genuine apology.

Burghfan58
05-04-2011, 06:39 AM
I guess it's safe to say that Mendy scored a zero on the common sense portion of the wonderlick test.

Vis
05-04-2011, 06:42 AM
He seems to be the only topic on NFL radio

Burghfan58
05-04-2011, 06:46 AM

Once again bringing negative press involving a Steeler. Something the Rooneys don't like and won't tolerate too many times before your gone.

SteelerSal
05-04-2011, 06:47 AM

Every freakin offseason a Steeler player has to be the topic of discussion in a negative way....

Vis
05-04-2011, 06:58 AM
His tag line on twitter is "Conversationalist and Professional Athlete"

86WARD
05-04-2011, 07:12 AM
Pussy took down his 9/11 comments...

Devilsdancefloor
05-04-2011, 07:26 AM
Pussy took down his 9/11 comments...

http://i52.tinypic.com/x513co.jpg

this man called him....

HometownGal
05-04-2011, 07:54 AM
http://i52.tinypic.com/x513co.jpg

this man called him....

My money is on this man making the call . . .

http://www.customauthenticjerseys.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/dan-rooney-push-for-affirmative-action.jpg

7willBheaven
05-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Not that I really wanna add anything more to this ridiculous thread...he did post a link to a blog he wrote clarifying some stuff...

http://r34mendenhall.blogspot.com/

...for those who want to check it out.

steelerdude15
05-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Not that I really wanna add anything more to this ridiculous thread...he did post a link to a blog he wrote clarifying some stuff...

http://r34mendenhall.blogspot.com/

...for those who want to check it out.

Thank you for posting this and I'm glad he decided to clarify himself on the matter. When I first heard these tweets I thought that Mendy should just shut his mouth, but as Americans, we have the right to say what we want. In the future Mendy, please becareful with what you say.

zulater
05-04-2011, 12:53 PM
I call bullshit. First off it's not murder when you take down a notorius terrorist leader. Comparing the deaths of innocent men, woman and childeren with OBL's death is just about as bad as anything the dumb ass previously stated. :doh:

Vis
05-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Did you see the new commercial?

"Are you a dumbass without an audience? Join Twitter"

LLT
05-04-2011, 01:38 PM
Did you see the new commercial?

"Are you a dumbass without an audience? Join Twitter"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Axzxe1a78E

43Hitman
05-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Fact: The fifth most Googled subject on Sunday night was......."Who is Usama Bin Laden?" 60% of children between 11-17 had no idea who UBL was. Sad, sad, sad.

steeldevil
05-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Fact: The fifth most Googled subject on Sunday night was......."Who is Usama Bin Laden?" 60% of children between 11-17 had no idea who UBL was. Sad, sad, sad.

I don't know who Usama bin Laden is either....

Now Osama bin Laden, I know who he is.... :tongue1:

HometownGal
05-04-2011, 02:59 PM
I'm still not wavering from my belief that what he said was insensitive and total dumbassery.

I was reflecting on our own hypocrisy. During 9/11 we watched in horror as parts of the world celebrated death on our soil. Earlier this week, parts of the world watched us in horror celebrating a man’s death.

Damned right we celebrated that evil murderous bastard's death. He was behind the innocent and horrific deaths of over 3,000 of our own men, women and children and God knows how many other murderous rampages he's responsible for masterminding over the decades.

I believe Bin Boy got no meeting with God. He got a one way ticket to hell - right where he belongs.

43Hitman
05-04-2011, 03:04 PM
I don't know who Usama bin Laden is either....

Now Osama bin Laden, I know who he is.... :tongue1:
Apparently you missed the memo when they started spelling his name the way I spelled it.

Vis
05-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Apparently you missed the memo when they started spelling his name the way I spelled it.

Many ways to spell it. Fox News thinks it has a "b"

ALLD
05-04-2011, 03:09 PM
The idiot fumbled in the Super Bowl.

solardave
05-04-2011, 03:17 PM
sal a little more redamn would be nice or coach could run him until his wheels fall off and if so who cares about that second contract, haha. mendy is tweeting himself off of this team. i guess he did not learn anything from holmes and his tweets.

The Jets will snatch him up. (no pun intended). They don't care about character. Don't for a minute think I'm defending Bin Laden when I say this because he deserved to die. I have a few friends and relatives who have been to Iraq (1 0f them 3 times) and Afghanistan. One of them got there right after we bombed Iraq. He worked along side of the CIA and he said they did not care who they killed either. I'm not talking about our troops, I'm talking about our government. The truth be told our own CIA sponsors terrorism all over the world to support their agenda.Did our own government bring down the twin towers? Who knows but I for one am not naive enough to think they wouldn't do it to their own. I love my country but I fear my government!

oneforthetoe
05-04-2011, 03:18 PM
The idiot fumbled in the Super Bowl.

(o)Usama Bin Laden?

Now I know why we lost

Bastard

CPanther95
05-04-2011, 03:35 PM
The Jets will snatch him up. (no pun intended). They don't care about character. Don't for a minute think I'm defending Bin Laden when I say this because he deserved to die. I have a few friends and relatives who have been to Iraq (1 0f them 3 times) and Afghanistan. One of them got there right after we bombed Iraq. He worked along side of the CIA and he said they did not care who they killed either. I'm not talking about our troops, I'm talking about our government. The truth be told our own CIA sponsors terrorism all over the world to support their agenda.Did our own government bring down the twin towers? Who knows but I for one am not naive enough to think they wouldn't do it to their own. I love my country but I fear my government!

Time to replace your tin foil hat.

st33lersguy
05-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Is he implying that 911 was an inside job?
Did he really say we shouldn't judge Bin Laden because we never heard him speak? The thousands of people this monster murdered isn't enough proof that he is a villain?

solardave
05-04-2011, 04:27 PM

Preacher, you lost me in the first sentence but I respect your right to ask the question. Just please don't ask me to answer it.:rofl2:

(don't worry, I'll show myself to the door. ):rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Steelers33
05-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Is he implying that 911 was an inside job?
Did he really say we shouldn't judge Bin Laden because we never heard him speak? The thousands of people this monster murdered isn't enough proof that he is a villain?

thats the sad part about this though. bin laden took full responsibility for it. mendenhall is just a dumb ass

solardave
05-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Time to replace your tin foil hat.

Don't need it I got a steel plate in my head.

BlastFurnace
05-04-2011, 08:56 PM

(don't worry, I'll show myself to the door. )

LOL...Preacher. You have my mind swirling with that one.

How about..."I'll cheer for the laundry, no matter who is wearing # 34"

Nadroj 20
05-04-2011, 09:27 PM
he is at least apologizing now.... http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6478438

steelersfan425
05-05-2011, 01:00 AM
why does this have to happen
KEEP THIS KIND OF SHIT TO YOURSELF

stillers4me
05-05-2011, 05:34 AM
Why does anyone even care what a second rate football player even has to say about world events???????????

zulater
05-05-2011, 05:49 AM
Why does anyone even care what a second rate football player even has to say about world events???????????

I wouldn't call Mendy second rate, regardless of his idiotic twits, he's still an elite NFL running back.

Burghfan58
05-05-2011, 06:35 AM
What's the chance the fans overlook their Steeler loyalty and boo Mendy at the first home game?

SteelerSal
05-05-2011, 06:42 AM
I wouldn't call Mendy second rate, regardless of his idiotic twits, he's still an elite NFL running back.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that he is an "elite" NFL runningback...not yet anyways.

PalmerSteel
05-05-2011, 10:41 AM
i would say mendy is an elite rb, aka, that means top 5-10 IMO. but he is also an elite dumb ass moron for writing this stuff in public. so what about the stuff with women? i have known plenty of guys that say or think the same thing and they arent famous or have millions in their pockets to enlarge their egos that much more. its takes some people to 'get it' longer than others. as far as bin laden thing, just zip it mendy! use your brain! whether its right or wrong, think before you speak or write. its not worth the stupid ass drama or commotion it puts on himself and the whole organization.

SMR
05-05-2011, 04:46 PM
What's the chance the fans overlook their Steeler loyalty and boo Mendy at the first home game?

That's what I'm really afraid of. Ugh! :frusty:

stillers4me
05-05-2011, 04:55 PM
Mendenhall an easy target

The first rational feelings I had after learning of Osama bin Laden’s death were a combination of shame and elation.
I tweeted about it:

“Not to celebrate death but I’m proud of our military.”

As the evening wore on and details emerged about how our military executed the slippery terrorist, I found a better way to tweet my conflict:
“Navy Seals got Bin Laden! I feel terrible how emotional and overjoyed I am. Thank you, men/women in uniform, including firemen/women!”

I abhor violence intended to kill or do permanent harm. I was embarrassed by the joy I derived from bin Laden’s death. As an American and frequent visitor to New York, particularly during the days and months before and after 9/11, I understood why my heart was filled with emotion.

I wanted vengeance on the man my country’s leaders identified as the person responsible for the attacks on my American family.
But I believe vengeance isn’t mine.

And it’s that latter belief that guides me when assessing Rashard Mendenhall (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/rashard-mendenhall/535203)’s Twitter feed. The Pittsburgh Steelers (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/pittsburgh-steelers/67067) running back is not the heir to bin Laden’s throne. Mendenhall is not our enemy. He’s not someone who needs to be beat down by the media or the public.............

Read more @ http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/rashard-mendenhall-osama-bin-laden-tweets-make-him-easy-target-for-talking-heads-050411

Count Steeler
05-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Let's keep this in perspective. Mendy is a young athlete with delusions of grandeur. Fumble in the Super Bowl again and we will see how many people follow his tweets. Keep talking like he was and he would become a laughing stock and Tomlin would find a season ending injury for him.

Me thinks Dwyer will get a longer look this TC.

SMR
05-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Ah Mendy, Mendy, Mendy. Not only do you fumble the ball, you fumble your intelligence?