PDA

View Full Version : UDFA ???

NCSteeler
05-01-2011, 10:57 PM
We usually find something worth while in the UDFA class, but I was wondering with the lockout can teams even sign or offer to a UDFA?? I figure not.

Chidi29
05-02-2011, 04:34 AM
Nope. No one can do anything.

Vis
05-02-2011, 06:52 AM
Here's were things get fun. I bet there is "unofficial" contact with UDFAs by many teams so they can sign who they like the moment the lockout ends.

Texasteel
05-02-2011, 06:58 AM
I'm not going to say that will not happen, but I would imagine there would be a very stiff penalty not only for the club but the player if they find that has happen.

Unless you the Pantywaists of course.

Steelers33
05-02-2011, 11:28 AM
nope, but when we can hopefully we sign Mark Herzlich from boston college. he has a hell of a story

7willBheaven
05-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Yeah they have to wait...but as Colbert said...its kind of a good/unique situation as it gives them more time to evaluate these UDFAs instead of things being a mad/crazy frenzy signing them.

Also heres a thread from the Draft section talking about the actual UDFA players..

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/7747-UDFA

Vis
05-02-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm not going to say that will not happen, but I would imagine there would be a very stiff penalty not only for the club but the player if they find that has happen.

Unless you the Pantywaists of course.

The teams can't talk to NFL players or drafted kids because of the lockout. They could call me to chat since I'm neither. Aren't the undrafted also "neither"?

Texasteel
05-02-2011, 02:05 PM
The teams can't talk to NFL players or drafted kids because of the lockout. They could call me to chat since I'm neither. Aren't the undrafted also "neither"?

Sound good, but something tells me it don't work that way.

Chidi29
05-02-2011, 02:21 PM

I think the draft eligible players have to sign paperwork that puts them in the union so they can receive benefits. so the league can't talk to them since they're union members.

At least, that's how I think it works.

Vis
05-02-2011, 02:39 PM
I think the draft eligible players have to sign paperwork that puts them in the union so they can receive benefits. so the league can't talk to them since they're union members.

So they could sign me. Good to know.

Chidi29
05-02-2011, 02:41 PM
So they could sign me. Good to know.

I've already sent all the teams my tape.

NCSteeler
05-03-2011, 01:27 AM
I believe it has to do with the difference of being "locked out" verses a strike. When the company decides to lockout I think if they bring in any players even from none union pools they would be breaking rules and hence be bringing in replacement players. Not sure how labor law works in that area.

solardave
05-03-2011, 02:14 AM

Yeah but doesn't this change since they de-certified?

Texasteel
05-03-2011, 06:48 AM
I've already sent all the teams my tape.

So have I, but I may not hear anything since I insisted my contract include a new walker.

SteelerSal
05-03-2011, 06:55 AM
So have I, but I may not hear anything since I insisted my contract include a new walker.

:lol: Now that's funny.......I'm not far behind you with the walker deal, Tex....5 knee surgeries between both knees with total replacements in the future....maybe the Raiders will sign me...they like the speed players. :)

Texasteel
05-03-2011, 07:30 AM
:lol: Now that's funny.......I'm not far behind you with the walker deal, Tex....5 knee surgeries between both knees with total replacements in the future....maybe the Raiders will sign me...they like the speed players. :)

Yea, the Raiders are a possibility, I got my time down to 14.48 in the 40. Besides, I look hot in black.

steeldevil
05-03-2011, 08:32 AM

LOL Well if they do go to replacement players I think I could be a good one. I could run a 4.7 40 in high school. That is probably faster than our old man Ward right?

Then again that was 4 years ago and I'm so out of shape now. I would be exhausted after running 2 routes or defending 2 passes....

Al Davis would totally sign me....