PDA

View Full Version : Steelers select Keith Williams in sixth round

stillers4me
05-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Offensive line coach Sean Kugler

What did you like about him?

Keith is a very physical player. He likes to mix it up, he has nasty to him. He’s an aggressive player. He has pulling skills. They utilize that at Nebraska and that shows up on film. We had Keith in the building. We brought him up here because we wanted to get an even closer look at him. We liked what we saw on film. We wanted to get him on the board to see how he handles learning things and he was excellent. He is a smart kid, and I think he’s going to be a quality guard for us. That is what we view him as is a guard.

Is it correct that he was scouted as somebody that needs a little work in pass protection
Yeah, sometimes with guys that are over aggressive and physical that’s the tendency with them, they get over aggressive in pass protection. That shows up every once in awhile, it’s something that can be corrected. He’s a willing worker. He’s in good shape, and a tough kid. The thing that we like the most about Keith is his toughness and that is a good quality in a lineman.........

Read more @ http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-select-Keith-Williams-in-sixth-round/9f43a701-ed40-48e2-9418-7242c709081b

stillers4me
05-01-2011, 04:31 PM
I'm not finding a whole lot of info on this kid. Hopefully, he's our sleeper pick.