PDA

View Full Version : Phil Taylor throws down the gauntlet

stillers4me
05-01-2011, 01:40 PM
"I know how much the Cleveland fans hate Pittsburgh and I look forward to the matchup," said Taylor. "(Ben Roethlisberger (http://www.nfl.com/players/benroethlisberger/profile?id=ROE750381)) is a great quarterback, but when I am going to play against him, he is going to go down."

You have to catch him first, kid. :chuckle:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2011/04/suspension_helped_draft_pick_g.html

fansince'76
05-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Good luck against Pouncey, fatboy.

X-Terminator
05-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Wow. I mentioned to HTG the other night when we watched the draft that it's funny...almost scary...how much the Steelers are in our division rivals' heads. It's 24x7 with them. Just look at the difference in our draft picks and theirs:

Ours: "It's an honor to play for such a great organization and fan base"
Theirs: "KILL PITTSBURGH!!!!"

It's an exaggeration, but is it really that far off the truth?

Devilsdancefloor
05-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Shaun Rodgers 2.0, but with a bad foot. i can honestly see him being a bust, but who knows.

steeldawg
05-01-2011, 03:17 PM
better men have tried buddy.

steeldevil
05-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Good luck.

You may get to Ben buddy, but Ben will be getting to the endzone. Which is all that matters.

Craic
05-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Smart kid.

Great way to endear yourself to your new fanbase.

Moose
05-01-2011, 05:17 PM
LMAO - I bet the rest of the brownies are going to try and shut that mouth up fast.....like we need 'fire power articles' in a rivalry. ROFLMAO. Poor, poor fool !

BigNastyDefense
05-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Dude, you had only 2.5 sacks in your two years @ Baylor. You're not a pass rushing defensive tackle, you're a run stuffing defensive tackle.

This kinda reminds me of a first round bust at that position for the Browns......Gerrard Warren.

SteelerFanInStl
05-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Good luck against Pouncey, fatboy.

agreed!

Butch
05-02-2011, 06:33 AM
Wow. I mentioned to HTG the other night when we watched the draft that it's funny...almost scary...how much the Steelers are in our division rivals' heads. It's 24x7 with them. Just look at the difference in our draft picks and theirs:

Ours: "It's an honor to play for such a great organization and fan base"
Theirs: "KILL PITTSBURGH!!!!"

It's an exaggeration, but is it really that far off the truth?

Yep exactly what I was thinking and no team more than the ratbirds who wear t-shirts to camp about how much they want to beat us...not win a Superbowl just beat the Steelers.

Texasteel
05-02-2011, 07:03 AM
It will be amusing when Pouncey and Kemo show Mr. Taylor what happens when 640 lbs. collide with 340 lbs.

SteelerEmpire
05-02-2011, 09:38 AM
There are two types of browns players: those who are busts, and those who are about to be busts... dude is no exception.

suitanim
05-02-2011, 10:36 AM
Quintessential Browns draft pick: A 3-4 NT with weight problems and character issues selected to play in the 4-3 defense. This has bust written all over it. The amazing thing is how many other true quality players that filled a need for them they passed over in order to pick this kid. He'll either suffer a season ending injury and/or get a staph infection in camp and miss the whole year.

Edman
05-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Gotta respect the guy for his confidence. Can't be mad with him. I say bring it on.

You don't know Ben Mr. Taylor. He'll go down, but he'll get right back up.

That's what all the Cleveland Brown Triplets mentality is nowadays. The Old Browns, The New Browns, and the Browns bastard twin from southern Ohio. Never mind accomplishments. Winning playoff games. Winning championships. Just beat the Steelers. Can you blame them, though?

LLT
05-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Shaun Rodgers 2.0, but with a bad foot. i can honestly see him being a bust, but who knows.

I think he will give them 2-3 good years...and then, youre right, that foot condition is going to end his career. You cant be 330 lbs, have a job in which you have to rely on your feet for leverage against 330 lb linemen...and think that an inoperable chronic foot condition wont be a factor.

tube517
05-03-2011, 06:30 PM
:yawn:

Galax Steeler
05-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Gotta respect the guy for his confidence. Can't be mad with him. I say bring it on.

You don't know Ben Mr. Taylor. He'll go down, but he'll get right back up.

That's what all the Cleveland Brown Triplets mentality is nowadays. The Old Browns, The New Browns, and the Browns bastard twin from southern Ohio. Never mind accomplishments. Winning playoff games. Winning championships. Just beat the Steelers. Can you blame them, though?

Not to mention he has to go through Pouncey to get to Ben.

SMR
05-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Oh noz!! I'm so skeered of Phil Taylor!!! I want my mommie!!

CPanther95
05-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Somebody better warn him that any cheap shot on Ben greater than punching him in the face may draw a stern warning or even a penalty.