PDA

View Full Version : Former Gator Gilbert reunites with Steelers’ Pouncey

stillers4me
05-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Marcus Gilbert will suit up at a different level of football in 2011, but he will have a familiar face on the line with him.

Gilbert, a product of Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas, was taken in the second round of the NFL Draft on Friday, joining the Pittsburgh Steelers, where he again will play with center and former University of Florida teammate Maurkice Pouncey.

Gilbert was the second Florida player off the board (center Mike Pouncey went to the Dolphins at No. 15 in the first round), going at No. 63 overall in a pick that was announced by Steelers Hall of Fame running back Franco Harris.

“That is a typical Pittsburgh pick right there,” NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock said. “You can plug him in, he has tremendous size and athletic ability and can play either tackle. They need some youth and athleticism, and Gilbert provides that.”...........

Read more @ http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/04/29/2193627/gilbert-reunites-with-steelers.html

Psycho Ward 86
05-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Maybe he's the right guard we were looking for...

Texasteel
05-01-2011, 02:18 PM
As I've said before, he has played the position before, not that this is the thinking of the Steelers coaches, but it is a possibility. I also have to believe the they had a long talk with Pouncey before they picked him a little earlier than some of us thought they would.

st33lersguy
05-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Wonder if Pouncey recommended him?

Burghfan58
05-01-2011, 05:22 PM
When I hear that name all I keep thinking of is Gilbert Godfried. I hope this kid works out but If not now that The Aflac duck has a new voice Gilbert G. may be available.:chuckle:

Merchant
05-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Three Gators on the Line. Starks, Pouncey, and Gilbert.