PDA

View Full Version : With lockout reinstated, rookie free agency is put on hold

stillers4me
05-01-2011, 08:20 AM
The Steelers usually start working the phones before the NFL Draft ends, trying to contact players they are interested in signing as rookie free agents.

That process, which landed them outside linebacker James Harrison and running back Willie Parker, didn't occur Saturday.

League business has been shut down again after the NFL won a ruling late Friday reinstating the lockout. As long as it is in place, teams cannot sign players..........

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_734876.html

stillers4me
05-01-2011, 08:21 AM
They meet again
Cornerback Curtis Brown, the Steelers' third-round pick, returned the lone interception he made last season 74 yards but was caught from behind by Texas Tech running back Baron Batch.

The two met up again earlier this month when the Steelers hosted them for a predraft visit. Now they are teammates, as the Steelers made Batch their seventh-round pick a day after drafting Brown.

"I don't like him," Brown said with a laugh, "because he caught me."

When asked to explain how that happened, Brown said, "I don't like to make excuses, but it was a 12-play drive, and I had lower-back problems. Either way, he's a fast tailback. I'm going to give him some props."

Batch watched film with Steelers special teams coach Al Everest during the visit. When the play came on, Everest summoned Brown, who was in a nearby room.

The three watched the play together.

"It was pretty funny," Batch said laughing.

Ripple effect...:chuckle: