PDA

View Full Version : Steelers sit tight, like their results

stillers4me
05-01-2011, 08:04 AM
After a flurry of activity over the course of the three days as it conducted its annual draft, the NFL will basically shut down operations again, waiting to see what happens next with its labor situation.

The Steelers got plenty of practice at waiting during the draft.
While many of their counterparts were making deals like New York stock brokers, the Steelers did not swing a draft-day trade for the first time since 2005.
The end result was seven picks in seven rounds, and a sense that the team helped itself by staying where it was in the draft order.

"This draft really broke well for getting good players who we feel fit and have a good chance to contribute," said Steelers director of football operations Kevin Colbert. "The other day, we said there were probably 100 guys (in this draft) who could help this team. Fortunately, we got seven of them over the course of the last three days...........

read more @ http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/localsports/05-01-2011-Draft-wrap-up

HometownGal
05-01-2011, 08:22 AM
In Colbert I trust and if he's happy, I'm happy. :rockon:

Moose
05-01-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm with you on that HTG ! He has the skill and usually knows what to look for.....and at ! Time will tell.