PDA

View Full Version : Ed: Now We Wait

stillers4me
04-30-2011, 10:08 PM
Kevin Colbert thinks he drafted seven of those 100 players he mentioned who were prospects who could improve the Steelers, including the only player they drafted who actually touches the football.

Seventh-round pick Baron Batch is a 5-10, 203-pound candidate to play on third downs for the Steelers. He played in the wide-open Texas Tech offense. Think of him as Mewelde Moore’s replacement. If so, it would give the Steelers four young backs, counting Rashard Mendenhall, Isaac Redman and Jonathan Dwyer.

Colbert and Mike Tomlin were delighted with their selections, making it 26 consecutive years of me covering the draft for the Post-Gazette in which the coach and his football operations director declared it a success..........

Read more @ http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/109676-ed-now-we-wait

Moose
04-30-2011, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the post !

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-30-2011, 11:45 PM
I hope that Ed is right and Ike is back. With a little experience, hopefully Brown can step up and be the #3 CB and improve coverage. I'm OK with Harrison, Woodley, Worlids...so Carter has time to learn the position. Still wish we took a chance on Jerrell Powe as a backup NT and possible heir to Hampton.