PDA

View Full Version : Report: Jets are willing to offer $100 million to Revis

polamalubeast
06-17-2010, 11:26 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/17/report-jets-are-willing-to-offer-100-million-to-revis/

Report: Jets are willing to offer $100 million to Revis
Posted by Mike Florio on June 17, 2010 10:39 AM ET
Though Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis and coach Rex Ryan got together Wednesday in an effort to get on the same page regarding the player's recent in-practice protest as to his contractual situation, the fundamental problem remains.

Ryan has declared that Revis is the best defensive player in the game, and Revis wants to be paid accordingly.

Bob Glauber of Newsday reports that the Jets are willing to add six years to Revis' existing deal, which pays out more than $21 million over the next three seasons. The end result could average $12 million per year and the total value would "approach $100 million or more."

In turn, Revis reportedly wants a randomly specific average of $16.2 million, considerably more than the $15.1 million annual average paid to Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha.

Though we don't like the manner in which Revis has been handling the situation of late, the Jets remain solely responsible for creating this monster. By heaping public and private superlatives on Revis, who has only three NFL seasons under his belt, and then approaching him regarding the possibility of tearing up the last three years of the deal, what did they expect him to request? Less than what the highest-paid defensive player in the game gets?

Finally, here's something to tuck away for future reference. If the Jets struggle this year, look for Ryan to commence the process of trying to get G.M. Mike Tannenbaum run out of town, by blaming Tannenbaum's handling of the "Core Four" for screwing up the chemistry in the locker room.

Two years ago, someone had to take the fall when the Jets imploded down the stretch. That time, it was coach Eric Mangini. This time around, if someone has to take the fall it won't be the head coach.

SteelMember
06-17-2010, 11:38 AM
X ______________________________.

(sign here)

Galax Steeler
06-17-2010, 02:55 PM
I don't care who you are are who you play for. I wouldn't give nobody that kind of money, no player is worth it. I would have to say Revis who.

stlrtruck
06-17-2010, 02:56 PM
Did Al Davis take over the jets too?

ALLD
06-17-2010, 02:59 PM
It is worse this season than in the past because of the CBA status.

venom
06-17-2010, 08:31 PM
No one to blame but Rex on this one. If he never said that Revis is the greatest defensive player in the NFL last year , this would never happen . Now pay him the " greatest player " money .

Devilsdancefloor
06-17-2010, 08:41 PM
Timmons looks better and better.... what is thatcoming oooooh crap beeeeeeep beeeeeep karma train..... jets go 7-9 this year

steeldevil
06-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Guess 100 mil is the new number for the best players at their position...

Devilsdancefloor
06-17-2010, 08:57 PM

yeah look at what it got the skins when they paid that for fat albert

steelpride12
06-17-2010, 11:14 PM
They thought Haynesworth was worth money too and he turned out to be something special...:sarcasm2:

Galax Steeler
06-18-2010, 04:06 AM
yeah look at what it got the skins when they paid that for fat albert

Boy did they get there ass burnt or what.

atlsteelers
06-18-2010, 09:23 AM
Timmons looks better and better.... what is thatcoming oooooh crap beeeeeeep beeeeeep karma train..... jets go 7-9 this year

heck i would trade 3 years with Revis for timmons entire career. timmons has been a disappointment

The Duke
06-18-2010, 07:14 PM

I am almost certain Revis wouldn't have that attitude with all the steelers veteran presence

ALMOST....

Psycho Ward 86
06-18-2010, 09:52 PM
heck i would trade 3 years with Revis for timmons entire career. timmons has been a disappointment

Im glad you arent running the team.

Longterm > Shorterm, do you understand that concept?

vasteeler
06-19-2010, 10:14 AM

based on what ? :huh:

BigNastyDefense
06-19-2010, 10:17 AM

You do realize that he has changed positions, right? He was drafted to play OLB and Harrison beat him out for the job....so they moved him to ILB. I don't think he's a disappointment.

silver & black
06-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Did Al Davis take over the jets too?

Obviously not...... the Jets are winning.

Psycho Ward 86
06-19-2010, 12:58 PM
You do realize that he has changed positions, right? He was drafted to play OLB and Harrison beat him out for the job....so they moved him to ILB. I don't think he's a disappointment.

that, and he came into the league extra young, 20 or 21 years old i recall

steeldevil
06-19-2010, 02:57 PM
that, and he came into the league extra young, 20 or 21 years old i recall

that, and he has been held back a little by injury. He is in no way a disappointment so far... :tt03:

tony hipchest
06-19-2010, 04:39 PM
better the jets than us.

this is why we put up with supposedly sub par (and sb winning play) from the likes of taylor, gay, and mcfadden.

id rather have troy for less than half the price anyways.

oh... and good luck to the jets with braylon and holmes (anyone wanna bet that holmes is replacing randy moss on the patriots roster next year?)

Kaeg
06-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Didn't the Jets jump in front of us to grab him? I was disappointed when we didn't get him. Now I'm happy as hell about it. Would we have taken him anyway? I'm starting to wonder about that now since we don't usually draft character problems. I guess that's pure speculation on my part though.