PDA

View Full Version : Making an impression

stillers4me
04-30-2011, 07:51 AM
If Cameron Heyward is as impressive on the field as he was during his introductory news conference Friday the Steelers will have hit big on another first-round pick.
Heyward said all of the right things and did not get flustered when he got asked a bush question by a TV reporter -– a reporter, it should be pointed, who is rarely ever at the Steelers practice facility.

The question started as praise for the late Craig “Ironhead” Heyward, but it ended with Cameron Heyward getting what he thought about his father’s “tendency to get into trouble.”

The query left Steelers coach Mike Tomlin fuming but Heyward handled it like a pro.
“I think my dad made some bad decisions in the past but I learned a lot from that,” Heyward said. “Having that growing up and seeing what my mother dealt with it made me think that I don’t want to put anyone through that. Through his mistakes he was also a great man, and I think a lot of people understand that when you meet him.”

A quick comment about the question: Heyward will have to answer similar ones during his NFL career, and they are out of bounds. But in this case it was a classic case of wrong place, wrong time.

Heyward answered a number of other questions after the Steelers presented him with a No. 1 jersey and president Art Rooney II introduced him.

Here are some excepts from his Q&A:

Q: What was your initial reaction when the Steelers picked you? Did you think they were going to take you?............

Read more @ http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2011/04/29/making-an-impression/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThe PressBox+%28View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29

crcsnail
04-30-2011, 09:58 AM
watched the clip this morning and thought to myself wot a great guy . said all the right things i hope he does become a top steeler . i know something he has made a good start :)

tube517
04-30-2011, 10:03 AM
I was looking at my phone and thinking don’t ring until the Steelers pick me

I always had a No. 1 next to Steelers. There chance to play for this team just means the world to me.”

:thumbsup: