PDA

View Full Version : NFL shuts down Jags OTAs

polamalubeast
06-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Quote:
The Jaguars OTA practices were to end on Thursday, following a directive from the NFL to suspend the team’s final two practices, scheduled for next Monday and Tuesday, due to what the league has determined is an excessively intense regimen by the Jaguars this spring.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=9015

The Baltimore Ravens OTAs were suspended for the same reason earlier during the off-season.

fansince'76
06-17-2010, 11:01 AM
Punished for "practicing too hard." Only Goodell.... :doh:

On a side note, I wonder how many extra draft picks the Pats* will get for this, since this obviously puts them at a competitive disadvantage?

SteelMember
06-17-2010, 11:33 AM
What happened to when practicing with, or without pads was the biggest concern.

Are the players making the complaints? "I had to run too much today. I sweatted toooo much, and got real tired."

And anyway, how do you regulate/monitor something like a 2-minute drill at half-speed?!?!?

silver & black
06-17-2010, 04:08 PM
The Raiders were suspended the last two days of OTA's also, for the same reason.

BPS3akaWirels3
06-17-2010, 04:36 PM
It's football, not the ice capades

SteelCityMan786
06-17-2010, 06:53 PM
I guess if the players don't want to win it all this year that's fine. They know they have to be in shape to win. In all honesty I'd like to know who the genius was that put that clause in the CBA. I wonder what it will take to get it removed. I mean I can understand no full pad practices until camp(It's done that way at the high school and college level), but they need to have a little bit of intensity. I hate to say it to them.

Nadroj 20
06-17-2010, 06:56 PM
My coaches always told me..."You practice like you play"...meaning just because it is practice, it does not give you an excuse to play differently then you would in a game. Play hard all the time to get better. Period.

steelpride12
06-17-2010, 11:17 PM
Goodell being himself making this the Pussy NFL league. Jesus punished for practicing hard preparing for the season....

kmsteelerwr15
06-17-2010, 11:29 PM
So they want to add 2 more games of grueling football, but they won't let them practice? Because practicing too hard ALWAYS leads to injuries...

MasterOfPuppets
06-18-2010, 12:15 AM
Punished for "practicing too hard." Only Goodell.... :doh:

On a side note, I wonder how many extra draft picks the Pats* will get for this, since this obviously puts them at a competitive disadvantage?

actually you can't lay this on godell...

“The NFL Management Council and the NFL Players Association have resolved a complaint by the Players Association against the Jacksonville Jaguars concerning violations of the Collective Bargaining