PDA

View Full Version : Heyward happy to be home

stillers4me
04-29-2011, 10:19 PM
When his phone rang late in the first round of the NFL Draft, Cameron Heyward didn’t want to answer it. He thought the call was coming from the New York Jets, who had the 29th overall pick.

“It’s a funny story because the Jets were picking, and I know they had their pick in. And the phone rang, and they hadn’t announced that Pittsburgh was about to pick, so I got nervous,” said Heyward during his first press conference as a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers. “And my agent came up to me and said it’s a Pittsburgh number. I said thank God.

“Coach (Mike) Tomlin and a couple others had told guys around me, like my position coach and my mom, that if he was there we would take him. But you don’t want to play into that. You go down a line and you go through the draft, I wanted to go to Pittsburgh so bad. I saw these teams and all I was looking to do was look at my phone and say don’t ring until the Steelers pick me. Luckily it worked out.”............

Read more @ http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Heyward-happy-to-be-home/02e5a6e0-e422-4dc7-9095-b4c47aaf4fa5

BPS3akaWirels3
04-29-2011, 10:22 PM
Now that is a guy I will grow to love as a Pittsburgh Steelers player.. Welcome buddy!!

Merchant
04-29-2011, 10:41 PM
I like him already :thumbsup: