PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Goodell...

SteelerSal
04-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Ever since i was a small child, my brothers and I looked forward to the NFL Draft...we would all get together and watch day one of it and when we got older we all would even have draft day parties.....this was the start of our football season!!!!
I'm pulling a 12 hour shift today (Thursday) and will do the same tomorrow which means I will have to get up early for work...looks like I wont be watching any of the draft...Thanks asshole...:rant:

Just had to vent....

Aussie_steeler
04-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Its 6.30am downunder. I am about to head off to work in half an hour.

By the time my day is done the first round will be long gone and all I will have left is the ability to check the net for a recap and rewind the DVR to watch the telecast.

It just isnt the same these days. Prior to the change it fell on a weekend for me. I could get up in the early hours of the morning, watch it live and chat online with friends.

I cannot believe how barren all my favourite draft sites have been this year. There is little interest due to the lockout.

Its a shame because for some of us it was a really fun time.

crcsnail
04-28-2011, 03:47 PM
well we have a small wedding going on in the uk . so we all get a day off work tommorow :) which means i can get up at stupid oclock to watch the draft. yayyyyyy to those royal type peeps :)

43Hitman
04-28-2011, 04:03 PM
well we have a small wedding going on in the uk . so we all get a day off work tommorow :) which means i can get up at stupid oclock to watch the draft. yayyyyyy to those royal type peeps :)

lol. I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to use that.

Texasteel
04-28-2011, 04:06 PM
The only thing I would thank Goodell for is taking his dollar and retiring. Hell I will even double that amount.

SMR
04-28-2011, 04:08 PM
The only thing I would thank Goodell for is taking his dollar and retiring. Hell I will even double that amount.

I would quadruple that amount.

If I was rich I would infinity that amount.

Chidi29
04-28-2011, 04:19 PM
I don't like it either. It sucks that the moment I got into the draft where they had it on the weekend all day, they moved it.

But I get the move. Is the best for ratings.

SteelerChick
04-28-2011, 04:33 PM
Ever since i was a small child, my brothers and I looked forward to the NFL Draft...we would all get together and watch day one of it and when we got older we all would even have draft day parties.....this was the start of our football season!!!! I'm pulling a 12 hour shift today (Thursday) and will do the same tomorrow which means I will have to get up early for work...looks like I wont be watching any of the draft...Thanks asshole...:rant: Just had to vent....

Couldn't agree more!

SteelerChick
04-28-2011, 04:35 PM
I would quadruple that amount.

If I was rich I would infinity that amount.

I'M IN!

SteelerFanInStl
04-28-2011, 06:25 PM
I agree 100%. I've been watching the draft live for as long as I can remember and it's always been one of my favorite things. Moving it to a week night and splitting it up sucks. I really hate when they do things just to make more $$.

tube517
04-28-2011, 11:09 PM
That's all Roger the dodger cares about....oh wait, he has a $1 salary. My bad. :sarcasm:

I agree 100%. I've been watching the draft live for as long as I can remember and it's always been one of my favorite things. Moving it to a week night and splitting it up sucks. I really hate when they do things just to make more $$.

venom
04-29-2011, 05:48 AM
I remember the days I went to the draft . I went to 10 NFL drafts in my lifetime. Penn Hotel to the Marriott hotel - always the first day was on a Saturday . Not anymore my friends