PDA

View Full Version : Schedule Question

steeldevil
04-27-2011, 05:35 PM
This may have already been brought up but I'm not sure.

I thought I understood the rotations for the NFL schedules, but I noticed something I could not explain and need help clarifying.

As we all know the Steelers play the NFC West this year. The last time we played them was 2007 because it is a 4 year rotation.

In 2007 our games against the NFC were: home against Seattle, home against San Fransisco, @ Arizona, and @ St. Louis.

This year our games against them are: home against Seattle, @ San Fran, @ Arizona, and home against St. Louis.

So my question is this: Why did 2 of the 4 games switch venues and the other 2 stay at the same venues from 2007 to 2011? I thought that all 4 would have switched...

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I thought I completely understood the rotation and clearly either I don't or someone who works for the NFL scheduling committee made a mistake. If the latter is true then I need to take his job LOL

salamander
04-27-2011, 05:39 PM
Because they know that the booing would be too loud in Seattle because they're still a bunch of sore losers. :heh:

Actually, I have no idea. LOL.

steeldevil
04-27-2011, 05:51 PM
I just looked at all the other rotations for the steelers-NFC matchups since 2002(division reallignment) and the rest of them make sense. All 4 venues switch the way I thought they should.

2002:CAR, ATL, @NO, @TB.
2006:@CAR, @ATL, NO, TB.
2010: CAR, ATL, @NO, @TB.
(normal)

2004: PHI, WAS, @NY, @DAL
2008: @PHI, @WAS, NY, DAL
(normal)

2005: DET, CHI, @GB, @ MIN
2009: @DET, @CHI, GB, MIN
(normal)

2003: STL, ARZ, @SEA, @SF
2007: @STL, @ARZ, SEA, SF
2011: STL, @ARZ, SEA, @SF
(NOT NORMAL)

I think someone made a mistake...

salamander
04-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Who knows but I'm sure the Seattle fans (or at least the ones smart enough to figure it out) with bitch and moan because it technically should be in Seattle.

CanadianSteel
04-29-2011, 01:17 PM
I read soemthing that they introduced a new thing when it came to scheduling and West Coast trips.... so teams can only go out West certian number of times, and since we ar eplaing in SF this year they had to switch the Seattle game..... then in 4 years will flip and rotation will continue...