PDA

View Full Version : Plays That Changed the Games – Week 4

stillers4me
04-26-2011, 04:45 PM
Going into their last game of 2010 without QB Ben Roethlisberger, the Steelers faced their most hated, most heated rival, the Baltimore Ravens.

As we all know, there is absolutely no love lost between these two teams. Having lived in Baltimore for nearly 15 years, I can tell you there is a lot of animosity between their fan bases, as well.

If the Steelers had cheerleaders, I would be willing to bet they and the Ravens cheerleaders would end games pulling each other’s hair and calling each other sluts.

The real problem is that the towns are very similar, or at least they were when the steel industry was alive and mills were pumping clouds of noxious gases into the atmosphere.

These days, much of the grime that once covered our little ‘Burgh has been cleaned. Baltimore still wears its layer of filth like the makeup a cheap Essex floozy puts on in her boyfriend’s Z28 on the way to her prom, usually while removing her underwear. (Essex is a suburb of Baltimore, and not a very well-thought-of one)

Both are historic steel towns. Both have a long tradition of hard working, middle class, blue collar families.

And both have football teams who play the game the way it should be played...........

read more @ http://nicepickcowher.com/2011/04/25/plays-that-changed-the-games-week-4/

SMR
04-26-2011, 05:04 PM
Cool article!

Edman
04-26-2011, 09:25 PM
I remember after that game Baltimore was all over themselves. Flacco beat the Steelers, but this time he beat them at Heinz. The Ravens were not only going to run to the AFC North division title unopposed after that, they were going to the Super Bowl. There was no way Pittsburgh was going to M&T and winning.

As we all know, they were wrong. Again.