PDA

View Full Version : TCU Tackle Marcus Cannon DOES have Cancer!!

steelerfan
04-26-2011, 12:02 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/26/source-marcus-cannon-tests-positive-for-lymphoma/

SteelerSal
04-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Lymphoma. Well, say good bye to his career!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/26/source-marcus-cannon-tests-positive-for-lymphoma/

Say goodbye to his career???

TCU offensive lineman Marcus Cannon has tested positive for a treatable form of lymphoma after a battery of tests, a league source tells PFT.

The good news for Cannon is that this form of non-Hodgkin lymphoma is treatable.

Even if Cannon has the most advanced stage of the disease, he could be finished with treatments in 24 weeks and the doctors have informed Cannon he could “hopefully” continue with his football career at that time.

Did you even read the article before posting the link???

7willBheaven
04-26-2011, 12:24 PM
Say goodbye to his career???

Did you even read the article before posting the link???

Seems like he rarely does....and he posts things that arent facts either.

steelerfan
04-26-2011, 12:32 PM
Sal yes I did. And it IS very treatable. But Sal, have you ever known anyone with NHL ? Well I have, three people in fact. One was a 19 year old college Basketball player. All had the NHL. And all had chemotherapy, and the drugs that followed it. All are alive today. But, Tracy, the Basketball player, he tried, but never could play again. The after effects of NHL are extreme tiredness. And with patients who have NHL in their abdomens are also more likely to have complications, some, like my Aunt who had it in her abdomen had problems, all treatable mind you but problems with her other organs due to the chemotherapy being done over her stomach.

Yes Sal I read it. Maybe you should try doing some research on NHL first. I hope the best for the kid, I really do. But unlike you Sal,,,I have personal, up close experience with NHL. And I KNOW the after effects of this. It's hard to gather the day to day energy to do even ordinary things. Let alone play in the NFL. I hope the best for Marcus. I liked him as a possible pick for us. But not now. Hey, I'm just being honest Sal. The NFL is a business. And no NFL GM who knows anything about Lymphoma, even NHL type is ever going to risk drafting a prospect with that. Especially one who has not even had it treated yet. Yes, the success rate of Chemotherapy on Lymphoma is very good at 80 %. But that still leaves a 20 % chance a person could die from the treatments Sal.

You think a GM is gonna risk that ? Especially with a HIGH draft pick Sal ? Yeah, I don't think so.

steelerfan
04-26-2011, 12:36 PM
Seems like he rarely does....and he posts things that arent facts either.

What have I posted that was not factual ? What, the Clayborn post. Try reading ANY draft site you ####! The dude has serious Character issues. And the Stalker thing, that sounds like another Brandon Marshall type of Drama we don't need on this team. **********************************

Your getting a warning...we are not gonna have this here.

Vis
04-26-2011, 12:42 PM
Sal yes I did. And it IS very treatable. But Sal, have you ever known anyone with NHL ? Well I have, three people in fact. One was a 19 year old college Basketball player. All had the NHL. And all had chemotherapy, and the drugs that followed it. All are alive today. But, Tracy, the Basketball player, he tried, but never could play again. The after effects of NHL are extreme tiredness. And with patients who have NHL in their abdomens are also more likely to have complications, some, like my Aunt who had it in her abdomen had problems, all treatable mind you but problems with her other organs due to the chemotherapy being done over her stomach.

Yes Sal I read it. Maybe you should try doing some research on NHL first. I hope the best for the kid, I really do. But unlike you Sal,,,I have personal, up close experience with NHL. And I KNOW the after effects of this. It's hard to gather the day to day energy to do even ordinary things. Let alone play in the NFL. I hope the best for Marcus. I liked him as a possible pick for us. But not now. Hey, I'm just being honest Sal. The NFL is a business. And no NFL GM who knows anything about Lymphoma, even NHL type is ever going to risk drafting a prospect with that. Especially one who has not even had it treated yet. Yes, the success rate of Chemotherapy on Lymphoma is very good at 80 %. But that still leaves a 20 % chance a person could die from the treatments Sal.

You think a GM is gonna risk that ? Especially with a HIGH draft pick Sal ? Yeah, I don't think so.

NHL means any type that is not Hodgkins. There are 16 such types that aren't related to each other. The term NHL tell you nothing about what actual type he has and what the effects of that type are.

steelerfan
04-26-2011, 01:03 PM
NHL means any type that is not Hodgkins. There are 16 such types that aren't related to each other. The term NHL tell you nothing about what actual type he has and what the effects of that type are.

And how many people do you personally know who has had NHL ? And has had the chemo to cure it ? Or know the side effects ? Look, the story even said the doctors HOPE Cannon can play football after this is over...Hope! When a Doctor tells a patient that he has HOPES that a Athlete can continue their playing careers, that's their version of, you may wanna look into a career somewhere else. Look, I hope he can play. But regardless, NO NFL team is gonna draft a guy in the first 50 picks on " HOPE "

Would you ?

Vis
04-26-2011, 01:14 PM
And how many people do you personally know who has had NHL ? And has had the chemo to cure it ? Or know the side effects ? Look, the story even said the doctors HOPE Cannon can play football after this is over...Hope! When a Doctor tells a patient that he has HOPES that a Athlete can continue their playing careers, that's their version of, you may wanna look into a career somewhere else. Look, I hope he can play. But regardless, NO NFL team is gonna draft a guy in the first 50 picks on " HOPE "

Would you ?

Which of the 16 types did your friends have? They would know because NHL means nothing to the doctor. He has to know the actual type.

The teams will have doctors to tell them what the prognosis is and they will have much better information on the type of cancer than is found in this article.

7willBheaven
04-26-2011, 01:28 PM
I dont know a lot about this either...but like Vis I know there are different kinds. And while I (or possibly Vis) doesnt know know anyone personally with this it doesnt mean ANYTHING...who cares if you knew someone with it...doesnt mean you know it ALL or everything about it...so stop acting like you do. Today you seem to be getting on a lot of peoples nerves...some of the wrong people also it seems.

One thing to share with everyone that I did find...

Adam Schefter
TCU's Marcus Cannon has non-Hodgkin lymphoma and is between Stage 2-3; receives his first chemotherapy Wednesday. 90 percent success rate.

90%...hmmm that seems awful high, doesnt it?

Now his stock may drop some...but it would not surprise me if he is still taken in the 2nd/3rd round...if he drops below that by some chance...then it would definitely be worth the "gamble" to take him.

Vis
04-26-2011, 01:30 PM
Could make him a Steel.

7willBheaven
04-26-2011, 01:36 PM
Could make him a Steel.

Exactly. I mean hell...the Steelers pretty much threw away a 4th rounder last year but cutting Gibson (to keep Smith who never played again) why wouldnt they (or some other team) risk a 4th rounder (or whatever) this yr?

The Duke
04-26-2011, 01:42 PM
I wish him the best. No one should have to suffer through that

He may have more important things to think about his life now, but I do hope someone drafts him at some point. Guy is a huge talent and if he has the will to get past this we just might see him in uniform someday

SteelerSal
04-26-2011, 01:47 PM
I wish him the best. No one should have to suffer through that

He may have more important things to think about his life now, but I do hope someone drafts him at some point. Guy is a huge talent and if he has the will to get past this we just might see him in uniform someday

Good post..

steelerfan
04-26-2011, 01:49 PM
I dont know a lot about this either...but like Vis I know there are different kinds. And while I (or possibly Vis) doesnt know know anyone personally with this it doesnt mean ANYTHING...who cares if you knew someone with it...doesnt mean you know it ALL or everything about it...so stop acting like you do. Today you seem to be getting on a lot of peoples nerves...some of the wrong people also it seems.

One thing to share with everyone that I did find...

Adam Schefter
TCU's Marcus Cannon has non-Hodgkin lymphoma and is between Stage 2-3; receives his first chemotherapy Wednesday. 90 percent success rate.

90%...hmmm that seems awful high, doesnt it?

Now his stock may drop some...but it would not surprise me if he is still taken in the 2nd/3rd round...if he drops below that by some chance...then it would definitely be worth the "gamble" to take him.

JESUS you people really need to learn how to read! When did I EVER say Cannon was gonna Die! I never said that NHL does not have a high rate of success in getting rid of the cancer. In fact I said it BEFORE Adam Shefter did. But since when does a 90 % chance of success have anything to do with what chance he has of playing football ? Did Adam say a 90 % chance of resurecting his football career ?...NO!

I don't mean to be getting on yours, or anyone elses nerves...sorry. But I wish you wouldn't put words in my mouth. I HOPE the kid is okay, and I HOPE he can some how play again. All I know is that whatever variation of NHL he has, it's ALL the same as it goes to the after effects. Which are extreme tiredness, headaches, a severe fall in the number of Blood cells, which make it easy for Infections, ect. I don't care if you believe me or not. I know what I know by personal experience. Maybe Cannon will be the exception, hell I hope he is. But HOPE will not get him drafted. At least not as high as he once was projected. I guess we will find out this weekend huh ?

Have a nice day.

7willBheaven
04-26-2011, 02:12 PM
JESUS you people really need to learn how to read! When did I EVER say Cannon was gonna Die! I never said that NHL does not have a high rate of success in getting rid of the cancer. In fact I said it BEFORE Adam Shefter did. But since when does a 90 % chance of success have anything to do with what chance he has of playing football ? Did Adam say a 90 % chance of resurecting his football career ?...NO!

I don't mean to be getting on yours, or anyone elses nerves...sorry. But I wish you wouldn't put words in my mouth. I HOPE the kid is okay, and I HOPE he can some how play again. All I know is that whatever variation of NHL he has, it's ALL the same as it goes to the after effects. Which are extreme tiredness, headaches, a severe fall in the number of Blood cells, which make it easy for Infections, ect. I don't care if you believe me or not. I know what I know by personal experience. Maybe Cannon will be the exception, hell I hope he is. But HOPE will not get him drafted. At least not as high as he once was projected. I guess we will find out this weekend huh ?

Have a nice day.

Dude I never said that you said he was going to die...talk about putting words in peoples mouths. I just commented on how you always present yourself that YOU know it all regardless of what others may know or think/etc...and you talk down to people in a condescending way. I never once said anything about him dying. In addition to that I gave a quote from Adam to share with people and gave my opinions that 90% is high (which is good) and my thoughts on his stock...I never once said the stuff you claim I did. So maybe YOU need to learn how to read.