PDA

View Full Version : Interactive Mock 2.0 - Pittsburgh is OTC

DFlo
04-26-2011, 11:07 AM
Hey guys, we are running the Interactive Mock again due to popular demand. The fan forums of each NFL team get to vote for who their team should pick.

Last time Steelers fans chose Nate Solder and 79 people voted total.

You can cast your vote for who you want your team to pick this time around here:

Interactive Mock Draft 2.0 (http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/interactivemock)

And if you explain why with a brief short description, I will pick the best one and publish it along with the pick!

LLT
04-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Wow...Clayborn is on the board but people are still picking Aaron Williams????????

steelerfan
04-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Wow...Clayborn is on the board but people are still picking Aaron Williams????????

Why would this surprise you LLT ? I mean you mentioned to me in the other thread about the Georgia OLB would never be on the steelers Radar because of a failed drug test a year ago. But now you say you're surprised that in this mock the fans chose Aaron Williams over Clayborn ? I mean Clayborn is so overrated anyways as a player. Yes he had his best and only good season in 2009. But had a ordinary one this season. He has had a past Assualt charge. And was the victim of a female stalker as I recall ( Too much Drama )

And as I recall LLT, you were down playing CB Brandon Harris as it goes to Aaron Williams a couple of days ago, siting Harris lack of strength ( 13 Reps )...well what does that say about a guy well over 280 Lbs who lifted only 17 Reps ? And is not a great Athlete either ? Sorry but if those two were my only choices, I would take Aaron Williams every day of the week. Great player in many areas. And a absolute Quality Character kid who does so much for his community as well.

Really surprised you'd want a overrated " THUG " like Clayborn! I mean C.Ballard failed his drug test,,,where do you think he probably picked up that habbit ? ( Think about it LLT )

7willBheaven
04-26-2011, 12:26 PM
Wow i didnt know people were automatically "thugs" when they have a stalker and 1 assault charge...who knew?

LLT
04-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Why would this surprise you LLT ? I mean you mentioned to me in the other thread about the Georgia OLB would never be on the steelers Radar because of a failed drug test a year ago. But now you say you're surprised that in this mock the fans chose Aaron Williams over Clayborn ? I mean Clayborn is so overrated anyways as a player. Yes he had his best and only good season in 2009. But had a ordinary one this season. He has had a past Assualt charge. And was the victim of a female stalker as I recall ( Too much Drama )

And as I recall LLT, you were down playing CB Brandon Harris as it goes to Aaron Williams a couple of days ago, siting Harris lack of strength ( 13 Reps )...well what does that say about a guy well over 280 Lbs who lifted only 17 Reps ? And is not a great Athlete either ? Sorry but if those two were my only choices, I would take Aaron Williams every day of the week. Great player in many areas. And a absolute Quality Character kid who does so much for his community as well.

Really surprised you'd want a overrated " THUG " like Clayborn! I mean C.Ballard failed his drug test,,,where do you think he probably picked up that habbit ? ( Think about it LLT )

You really should do your homework before you post.

1) Clayborn does not have an assault charge on his record. His charge was reduced to misdemeanor disorderly conduct due to "circumstances" that came out during the investigation.

2) Equating one misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge to that of failing a drug test (possibly two drug tests) is just silly.

3) Red-flagging a player because of someone elses actions is.....beyond reality.

4) I downplayed Harris for the combination of lacking functional strength AND size...you need to listen better.

5) To call Clayborn a "thug" is dishonest..and to make an unsubstantiated claim that he provided Ballard with drugs is proof that you dont let a little thing like "facts" get in the way of trying to make yourself look smart. (You have already been warned once about the liability of spreading rumors without being able to back them up...the next time will be the LAST time).

6) You make a Ridiculous claim that he only had one good season (in 2009)...so you apparantly dont know the difference between ones "best" season...and only good season. In 2010 (not his best season) he was a:

a) First-Team All-American by AFCA and Walter Camp;
b) Third-Team All-American by AP and Phil Steele;
c) Honorable Mention All-American by Pro Football Weekly;
d) First-Team All-Big 10 by coaches/media and Phil Steele;
e) Finalist for Rotary Lombardi Award, Ted Hendricks Award and Chuck Bednarik Award;
f) reciepient of the Hayden Fry “Extra Heartbeat” Award;
g) winner of the 2010 Iowa Leadership Group

7) If his 2010 stats "prove" that 2009 is his only good year...then how do you juggle the fact that Cameron Heyworth had fewer tackles and the same amount of sacks as Clayborn...yet you have said that you like Heyward?

8) Here is all you need to know about Clayborn...

No Hawkeye caught the attention of pro scouts more than DE Adrian Clayborn, who looked really good in his workout in front of D-line coaches from Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Arizona, and Cincinnati. Clayborn (6-3 1/8, 278 pounds) did a vertical jump of 35 ½ inches and a broad jump of 9-6. He posted a time of 7.08 seconds in the short shuttle and did 17 bench-press repetitions at 225 pounds. The number of lifts could be a slight concern, because Clayborn is not as strong as most DEs, but he is very explosive. He’s got a great first move, which is why he will be a top-20 pickhttp://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=64808&draftyear=2011&genpos=DE

Clayborn has Erps palsy in one arm...which is why he has problems with lifts...but virtually every scout under the sun says that he is a blue chip prospect. He also passes the eye test with his explosiveness and athleticism.

LLT
04-26-2011, 12:48 PM
Wow i didnt know people were automatically "thugs" when they have a stalker and 1 assault charge...who knew?

Actually a stalker and a misdemeanor diorderly conduct charge.

steelerfan
04-26-2011, 01:00 PM
LLT, you can have your opinion, I will have mine. But either wway, you can't argue the fact that Clayborn has had a down senior season. He is a WEAK Athlete. And he DID Assault a cab driver. He just plead it down is all. He still assaulted him. And the stalker thing is not him doing the stalking, I know that. But it just seems like the chance of " Drama " following this kid is likely. I mean you acted as if it was a surprise Clayborn was there at 31. Hell the overall opinion of scouts is that he will be there, and even in the 2nd round. No Clayborn is not the worst person, for sure. But he does have issues LLT. Ignore them all you like. I won't.

LLT
04-26-2011, 01:12 PM
LLT, you can have your opinion, I will have mine. But either wway, you can't argue the fact that Clayborn has had a down senior season. He is a WEAK Athlete. And he DID Assault a cab driver. He just plead it down is all. He still assaulted him. And the stalker thing is not him doing the stalking, I know that. But it just seems like the chance of " Drama " following this kid is likely. I mean you acted as if it was a surprise Clayborn was there at 31. Hell the overall opinion of scouts is that he will be there, and even in the 2nd round. No Clayborn is not the worst person, for sure. But he does have issues LLT. Ignore them all you like. I won't.

You may have your opinion....but when you and start treating posters with a condescending attitude ...you will get your nose swatted with a newspaper.

When you make things up..and cause liability issues for this site...you will find yourself on the outside looking in. Nothing personal...but this would be the second such incident and it CAN NOT and WILL NOT be tolerated.

Our Admin have created a "safe" site here. No internet bullies or posters who need to medicate their egos with the need for others to see them as "enlightened".

Appreciate your posts when they are respectful...but if you need to pretend your opinion is gospel...I can recomend a site to you.

7willBheaven
04-26-2011, 01:14 PM
You may have your opinion....but when you and start treating posters with a condescending attitude ...you will get your nose swatted with a newspaper.

When you make things up..and cause liability issues for this site...you will find yourself on the outside looking in. Nothing personal...but this would be the second such incident and it CAN NOT and WILL NOT be tolerated.

Our Admin have created a "safe" site here. No internet bullies or posters who need to medicate their egos with the need for others to see them as "enlightened".

Appreciate your posts when they are respectful...but if you need to pretend your opinion is gospel...I can recomend a site to you.

Oh snap!

7willBheaven
04-26-2011, 01:16 PM
You really should do your homework before you post.

1) Clayborn does not have an assault charge on his record. His charge was reduced to misdemeanor disorderly conduct due to "circumstances" that came out during the investigation.

2) Equating one misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge to that of failing a drug test (possibly two drug tests) is just silly.

3) Red-flagging a player because of someone elses actions is.....beyond reality.

4) I downplayed Harris for the combination of lacking functional strength AND size...you need to listen better.

5) To call Clayborn a "thug" is dishonest..and to make an unsubstantiated claim that he provided Ballard with drugs is proof that you dont let a little thing like "facts" get in the way of trying to make yourself look smart. (You have already been warned once about the liability of spreading rumors without being able to back them up...the next time will be the LAST time).

6) You make a Ridiculous claim that he only had one good season (in 2009)...so you apparantly dont know the difference between ones "best" season...and only good season. In 2010 (not his best season) he was a:

a) First-Team All-American by AFCA and Walter Camp;
b) Third-Team All-American by AP and Phil Steele;
c) Honorable Mention All-American by Pro Football Weekly;
d) First-Team All-Big 10 by coaches/media and Phil Steele;
e) Finalist for Rotary Lombardi Award, Ted Hendricks Award and Chuck Bednarik Award;
f) reciepient of the Hayden Fry “Extra Heartbeat” Award;
g) winner of the 2010 Iowa Leadership Group

7) If his 2010 stats "prove" that 2009 is his only good year...then how do you juggle the fact that Cameron Heyworth had fewer tackles and the same amount of sacks as Clayborn...yet you have said that you like Heyward?

8) Here is all you need to know about Clayborn...

Clayborn has Erps palsy in one arm...which is why he has problems with lifts...but virtually every scout under the sun says that he is a blue chip prospect. He also passes the eye test with his explosiveness and athleticism.

Thanks for saving me the time to have to go and research all this...haha.

steelerfan
04-26-2011, 01:21 PM

Again LLT, nothing I stated was inaccurate. You chose to change the language. Yes Clayborn did plead guilty to a misemeanor charge. But that does not take away the fact that he assaulted someone. Okay, the Mary jane comment was out of line. But I did not say it as it were Gospel LLT. If you took it like that, I'm sorry. Maybe you can't see a sarcastic statement when it's written. But that not withstanding LLT, Why would you want Clayborn over Aaron Williams ? You stated you didn't want Harris cause he lacked strength. Well what do you call a 280 Lb DE who barely can lift 17 Reps at 225 Lbs ?

Just wondering LLT, Thanks.

7willBheaven
04-26-2011, 01:21 PM
With all that being said...I will add a couple quick things.

Now first and foremost I am not saying we need/have to draft Clayborn (he'll probably be gone anyways)...but some people harp over have some issues or "character issues" as some may call them. The Steelers have drafted guys with some issues over the years...now i'm not going to waste my time and check out every pick and such...but i will name one. Santonio Holmes...he sold drugs as a teen...and i think had one other "bad mark" against him....but yet they still drafted him...they even traded UP to get him. Now yes in the end his drug smoking issues/etc were his demise 4-5 yrs later...however they STILL selected him. So it is possible they could take a "risk" (if you even want to call it that) to draft a guy who may have had some previous issues.

steelerfan
04-26-2011, 01:26 PM
With all that being said...I will add a couple quick things.

Now first and foremost I am not saying we need/have to draft Clayborn (he'll probably be gone anyways)...but some people harp over have some issues or "character issues" as some may call them. The Steelers have drafted guys with some issues over the years...now i'm not going to waste my time and check out every pick and such...but i will name one. Santonio Holmes...he sold drugs as a teen...and i think had one other "bad mark" against him....but yet they still drafted him...they even traded UP to get him. Now yes in the end his drug smoking issues/etc were his demise 4-5 yrs later...however they STILL selected him. So it is possible they could take a "risk" (if you even want to call it that) to draft a guy who may have had some previous issues.

Absolutely 100 % right. Steelers have drafted or signed plenty. Redman-Kemo-E.Sanders,,,ALL had Character flags. But most overcame them. As for the Santonio thing, I don't think the steelers ever knew about that before Holmes himself devuldged that info at the Super Bowl game. And that wasn't their problem cause he even said he wanted everyone to know that, and wanted to be a good role model for kids. That;s fine. Of course the Tweet " Wake & Bake " and another drug failure is what did him in in the steelers eyes.

But yes, the team has taken alot of players with previous issues.

LLT
04-26-2011, 01:33 PM
I have already explained the difference...

Now combine that statement to Clayborns OBVIOUS athleticism and his ability to impress the pro scouts from virtually every team...

Hawkeye caught the attention of pro scouts more than DE Adrian Clayborn, who looked really good in his workout in front of D-line coaches from Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Arizona, and Cincinnati. Clayborn (6-3 1/8, 278 pounds) did a vertical jump of 35 ½ inches and a broad jump of 9-6. He posted a time of 7.08 seconds in the short shuttle and did 17 bench-press repetitions at 225 pounds. The number of lifts could be a slight concern, because Clayborn is not as strong as most DEs, but he is very explosive. He’s got a great first move, which is why he will be a top-20 pickhttp://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2011&genpos=DE

...and my statement that:

He also passes the eye test with his explosiveness and athleticism.

7willBheaven
04-26-2011, 01:35 PM
I have already explained the difference...

Now combine that statement to Clayborns OBVIOUS athleticism and his ability to impress the pro scouts from virtually every team...

...and my statement that:

You're still wrong and dont know anything!!! Haha

LLT
04-26-2011, 01:39 PM
Again LLT, nothing I stated was inaccurate. You chose to change the language.

Wrong.

I mean C.Ballard failed his drug test,,,where do you think he probably picked up that habbit ?

Thats not sarcasm...that is not me changing the language....what that is ....is an unsubstantiated claim.

steelerfan
04-26-2011, 01:55 PM
Wrong.

Thats not sarcasm...that is not me changing the language....what that is ....is an unsubstantiated claim.

Now who is being condescending LLT and insulting ? Look, you wanna get into a War with me ?....you're gonna lose Son! Now you wanna talk facts, that's another. BTW, your draftscout source, why not take a look at Clayborn, and see which way the arrow is pointing,,,up, or down. And tell me, IF he is so great and impressive as you say all the NFL Coaches say he is, why then does YOUR Beloved website have an Arrow in the SOUTH direction.....I'll help you out LLT,,,South is DOWN!

Try answering that one.

LLT
04-26-2011, 02:02 PM
Now who is being condescending LLT and insulting ? Look, you wanna get into a War with me ?....you're gonna lose Son! Now you wanna talk facts, that's another. BTW, your draftscout source, why not take a look at Clayborn, and see which way the arrow is pointing,,,up, or down. And tell me, IF he is so great and impressive as you say all the NFL Coaches say he is, why then does YOUR Beloved website have an Arrow in the SOUTH direction.....I'll help you out LLT,,,South is DOWN!

Try answering that one.

1) I have said that he is dropping from his original draft position...nothing new there

2) Only one of us has been warned on multible occasions to quit making up stories about draft prospects...so your credibility in regards to "facts" isnt very good.

3) Really...I'm gonna lose? Come back after you can be respecful to everyone here.

7willBheaven
04-26-2011, 02:15 PM
1) I have said that he is dropping from his original draft position...nothing new there

2) Only one of us has been warned on multible occasions to quit making up stories about draft prospects...so your credibility in regards to "facts" isnt very good.

3) Really...I'm gonna lose? Come back after you can be respecful to everyone here.

Maybe one day he will learn...eh son? hahaha ;-)

The Duke
04-26-2011, 02:17 PM
*sniff* anybody else smell that? I think a ban is coming....

LLT
04-26-2011, 02:22 PM
We will give him two weeks to decide if he wants to play nice.

Originally Posted by steelerfan

Look, you wanna get into a War with me ?....you're gonna lose Son!....

Try answering that one.

Well.....If the question was who is gonna win that war.

Then the answer is now obvious.

DFlo
04-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Sorry about this. Was definitely not my intention to have anything like this happen. This mock has generated a lot of debate among team forums and it has on occasion gotten heated, but never like this.

Anyways, just to give you guys a little update:

As it stands right now, Aaron Williams leads, with Brandon Harris in second, followed by Adrian Clayborn. Surprisingly not a lot of votes for any of the OL prospects available.

I will let this run overnight and I'll tabulate the results and have them for you guys tomorrow morning.

7willBheaven
04-26-2011, 04:39 PM
Sorry about this. Was definitely not my intention to have anything like this happen. This mock has generated a lot of debate among team forums and it has on occasion gotten heated, but never like this.

As it stands right now, Aaron Williams leads, with Brandon Harris in second, followed by Adrian Clayborn. Surprisingly not a lot of votes for any of the OL prospects available.

I will let this run overnight and I'll tabulate the results and have them for you guys tomorrow morning.

Its not your fault...or anything about your thread in particular. That fool has been doing this type of stuff since he joined recently...it just happened to come to a head here between him and LLT.

Anyways...as far as the not many votes for the OL available...Cannon is going to fall some (he was a 2nd rounder already) but I think he may slide a bit now. Watkins is a 26-27 year old player that may be starting material...but his age is a huge issue. Ijalana...could be the only one worth a 1st round pick...but i think he'll be a 2nd rounder. Of your list I only see 3 that are 1st rounders, Williams, Clayborn and Harris.

LLT
04-26-2011, 04:48 PM

Dont sweat it Flo...it had nothing to do with your thread and everything to do with a poster who refused to be polite and respectful to fellow members.

Bullies and condescending know-it-alls will never be allowed to bring this site down to their level. Your post and poll are VERY interesting and we look forward to the results.
:thumbsup:

DFlo
04-27-2011, 10:26 AM
Alright, thanks guys. And thanks for voting and participating!

Your results are updated. You can see who your team selected here:

Interactive Mock Draft 2.0 Results (http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/fanmockresults)

DFlo
04-28-2011, 09:43 AM
FYI, just to update you guys:

The second version of the Interactive Mock Draft is complete.

You can check out a little summary of the results as well as some awards here:

Interactive Mock Draft
(http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/interactivemock)

Click on the results tab to see who each team took and how the first round played out. And feel free to vote in the 'Vote for the Best Draft' section!