PDA

View Full Version : Hey LLT and others, what's your take on....

steelerfan
04-25-2011, 01:49 PM
Chris Hairston, the OT from Clemson ? To me LLT, i don't know why this guy is not mentioned here as a good possible pick-up for us. I also don;t know why he is rated a 5th, or even a 6th round prospect. Clemson was an average to bad offensive unit this past season LLT. But yet their QB Kyle Parker, who threw quite alot of passes at near 400 was sacked only 12 times..( 7th in nation for least amount of sacks )..and Hairston was the O-Line leader of that unit. Hairston not only did not allow a sack this season, and only 1 in his career. But he went right up against Auburn's " Fairley, Miami's Bailey, and North Carolina's Quinn, and didn't allow a single Sack. The guy is a pretty huge dude at over 6ft, 6, and 326 Lbs. With a arm length of about 36 inches. And LLT, you always like functional
strength in a prospect. Well with those long arm, isn't 33 Reps at 225 pretty good ?

I mean he's a player who went to a major division 1 school. Who went up against some of the BEST Division 1 DL prospects. And held his own against all of them. Don't you think if this guy was available in the late 5th or 6th round that he might be worth a look ? Seems like he has the resume to be considered. What's your take on his accomplishments LLT ?

Thank you sir :humble:

LLT
04-25-2011, 02:03 PM
Chris Hairston is a site favorite on this board....most of us consider him to be a value pick and VERY underrated. He is one of the players that I HOPE other teams overlook and we can get him as late as possible...but I think the 5-6 round projection is right on the money.

steelerfan
04-25-2011, 02:09 PM
Depending on some factors LLT, and who we select early on, hell, I might be fine is we took him in round 4. Just seems to accomplished to be considered that low. I mean he needs some work yes. And maybe he;s too slow footed to be a LT in the Pros. But he seems more then capable, and sizeable to be a RT. Anyways thanks for your 2 pennies sir.

Aussie_steeler
04-25-2011, 06:31 PM
I think the steelers like him. They spoke to him at the combine and then left him alone. I think he is on the radar

I have him in my contest mock as a 5th round pick.