PDA

View Full Version : Ed: Steelers Approach Draft as if Ike Taylor not on Team

stillers4me
04-25-2011, 11:48 AM
Some quickies from the noon press conference about the draft with Kevin Colbert and Mike Tomlin:
--- Colbert said they will consider the roster “as it currently stands” when drafting this weekend. That means, if we can take him at his word, that it does not include any free agents – not Ike Taylor, Mewelde Moore, Willie Colon.
--- Tomlin, asked about the state of his offensive line, stated that there is a “lot of uncertainty there.’’.............

read more @ http://burgh.us/4cl

fansince'76
04-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Seems to me if they're considering the roster "as it currently stands," then Taylor is still on it, unless there's a breakthrough where they sign a new CBA and Ike goes elsewhere in FA between now and Thursday. Considering that we generally don't lose too many of our own FAs lately (recalling the revolving door on the clubhouse during the '90s), particularly valuable FAs like Taylor, I personally am entering Draft weekend with the assumption that Ike will be a Steeler in 2011. The way the article is worded leaves a lot open to interpretation. :noidea:

7willBheaven
04-25-2011, 01:04 PM
I'm taking this as meaning that even though theres no FA going on right now but those FAs are technically NOT apart of the team since the 2010-11 season is OVER. This in reality is the best way to go about it...as you do not know who will be back. While i do think (and hope) Ike and some others WILL be back...this however is the best way to approach things.

TroysBarber
04-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Even if we keep Ike, we'd still need a CB. McFadden isn't starting material IMO

steeldevil
04-25-2011, 04:41 PM
If this is Colbert and Tomlin's mentality then I can't imagine us not taking a CB at 31.