PDA

View Full Version : Did you see who Gosselin did not include in his latest Mock?

deweybeachde
04-24-2011, 11:30 AM
With Rich Gosselins accuracy, these could be who is left on the board at 31.

6 QBs taken, 9 DLine, 5 Tackes, 1 Guard, 4 LBs, 4 CBs and 3 WRs make up his top 32. I don't think we take Dowling at 31 but who would you pick out of these "Leftovers"

D-Line Taylor, Hayward, Wilkerson
CB Harris or Williams
WR Torrey Smith (interesting)
RB All are available.....Ingram, LeShure, Williams (could we be tempted???)
TE All are available.....Rudolph
G Watkins
LB Justin Houston or Martez Wilson

LLT
04-24-2011, 11:47 AM
DE Cameron Hayward

Devilsdancefloor
04-24-2011, 01:16 PM
I agree hayward

st33lersguy
04-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Phil Taylor, NT is the most important position in the 3-4 and the Steelers have to come away with a NT to develop before Hampton and Hoke retire and Taylor is the best NT in the class

LLT
04-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Phil Taylor, NT is the most important position in the 3-4 and the Steelers have to come away with a NT to develop before Hampton and Hoke retire and Taylor is the best NT in the class

Phil Taylor has a medical condition in which the bones in his foot are growing together...It is an inoperable condition in which he says he has to "tolerate" the pain. At over 330 lbs...and at a position in which leverage is so critical...I would steer clear of Taylor.

7willBheaven
04-24-2011, 06:14 PM
Dunno who this Rich G guy is...but this really isnt anything special...most are saying 1 RB (if that will go in the first) no TEs, etc. The only person who most predict will be gone that is on that list is Wilkerson, and possibly Houston/Taylor...most project the rest to be there at 31...and some being early to mid second round picks.

Though to play along...out of that list...if they were to pick ANYONE besides the DL or CB...it would be a disappointment and a wasted pick in my eyes.

deweybeachde
04-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Nice Call on Heyward

Who do you think at # 63

G-Wisniewski or Hudson or a Tackle like Gilbert or Franklin (6 are off the board already so its getting thin)
Maybe a Corner that falls like Curtis Brown or Dowling

LLT
04-29-2011, 11:07 AM
Nice Call on Heyward

Who do you think at # 63

G-Wisniewski or Hudson or a Tackle like Gilbert or Franklin (6 are off the board already so its getting thin)
Maybe a Corner that falls like Curtis Brown or Dowling

I like both of the Guards who are rated as late 2nd round picks...Will Rackley and Ben Ijalana....also like CB Chimdi Chekwa...and OT Orlando Franklin.

Cant go wrong with any of those picks.

Also as Wildcard's....OLB Bruce Carter and OLB Sam Acho.

If you held my feet to the fire, I would have to say.......OG Will Rackley.

deweybeachde
04-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Rackley can play. I can't decide if we need a starting guard or a future Tackle.

The draft is deep in CB so we should be ok with one in the 3rd like Patrick.

LLT
04-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Rackley can play. I can't decide if we need a starting guard or a future Tackle.

The draft is deep in CB so we should be ok with one in the 3rd like Patrick.

Unfortuantely...Patrick might have been pulled off of our board....he has an assault charge in which he threw a woman to the ground.

Check out 4th round prospect Chykie Brown...Great size at 6'0 195 lbs....ran a 4.37 and a 4.40 at his pro-day....had a 39 inch verticle...played a mixture of off-man and man-to-man coverage in college but is predicted to be a player who can thrive in a system that utilizes off-man and zone coverage.

Slipped down draft boards because he broke his wrist at the end of the year.

Tomlin was at his pro-day and the scouts that were there say that he was very impressive. (has a hitch to his back pedal but sticks to recievers like glue).