PDA

View Full Version : Green, Jones will be draft's prized catches

LLT
04-24-2011, 07:49 AM
Green, Jones will be draft's prized catches
By F. Dale Lolley,
04/24/11

The Steelers appear to have hit home runs in the past two drafts when selecting wide receivers.
In 2009, they brought in speedy Mike Wallace as a third-round pick. They followed that last year with third-round selection Emmanuel Sanders and sixth-round pick Antonio Brown.

Each were key contributors in 2010.

But with Hines Ward now 35 years old and clearly on the decline - except on "Dancing with the Stars" - there might be a need to add yet another young receiver for quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in this year's draft, which will be held Thursday through Saturday.

Read More:
http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/localsports/04-24-2011-NFL-draft-wide-receivers

solardave
04-24-2011, 08:47 AM
I think we look in the later rounds. Corner, O-line, D-line not necessarily in that order but these are our needs. I know Best player available and that's why I say not in that order. You are right we need an heir to Hines but a guy like him doesn't come around often. Maybe not again for years. One that is a receiver with a LB mentality. When he does decide to hang it up I look for our strategy to change at least a little unless we can find that gem that is fearless and mean.

Texasteel
04-24-2011, 08:56 AM
I agree dave, I think there will be some dandy WR prospects in the 5th round, like, Terrance Toliver