PDA

View Full Version : Flo returning in 2011

7willBheaven
04-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers OT Flozell Adams plans to play in the 2011 season, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. There has been speculation on whether Adams will retire. However, his agent said that is not the case. "Flo is planning on playing," said Jordan Woy. "We will need to talk to Pitt (once the lockout ends) and determine his role and if it will be with the Steelers.

Per Wexell: With news that Flozell Adams will return, Colon expected to leave. So money's coming in on Orlando Franklin as 1st-rounder. Odds now at 8-1.

Thoughts?

SteelerFanInStl
04-22-2011, 03:52 PM
I'm happy to have Flo back but I want Colon back also, as well as Ike.

HometownGal
04-22-2011, 03:55 PM
WOO HOOOO!!!! :yay3: That makes me one very happy Steelers (and Hotel Flo) fan! :applaudit:

Let Colon go and draft Flo's replacement.

Hey - can you please post a link? Thanks.

TMC
04-22-2011, 04:14 PM
Coming back from an Achilles injury is not a joke. There was a study done on football players coming back from this injury and 1/3rd never get back on the field with the rest never getting back to the strength numbers they showed prior to the injury. It can be devastating.

Getting Flozell back is good, even if it is for one year. I would love to see them grab a RT in this draft.

HG, check your messages....

Texasteel
04-22-2011, 04:22 PM
You look at Flo's year, and then look at the cowboys RT position and I think you can see,,,,,,, They screwed up. Glad to have Flo back for one more year. Think he has one more in him.

Dino 6 Rings
04-22-2011, 04:30 PM
guess he got so close last year and realizes now that with this team, he can be right back in the hunt for that ring!

Texasteel
04-22-2011, 04:33 PM
WOO HOOOO!!!! :yay3: That makes me one very happy Steelers (and Hotel Flo) fan! :applaudit:

The Steelers had James Carpenter in for workouts. A likely 2nd round pick Carpenter could step into the right side quite nicely.

KeiselPower99
04-22-2011, 04:46 PM
I like Flo and am happy he is returning. As for colon let him walk. A torn achilles is no joke and it may take 2 years for him to fully recover.

7willBheaven
04-22-2011, 05:39 PM

The Wexell quote was from his Twitter...and then I went out looking for further info and found the first part on http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl its somewhere in their looooong list of updates.

7willBheaven
04-22-2011, 05:40 PM
I like Flo and am happy he is returning. As for colon let him walk. A torn achilles is no joke and it may take 2 years for him to fully recover.

Though I'm not as worried about Colon I remember reading he was doing good at the end of last season...cant remember if it said he was working out yet or just able to walk without problems or what...but one way or another he was ahead of schedule.

The Duke
04-22-2011, 06:31 PM
Awesome news!

The big man needs that ring

Devilsdancefloor
04-22-2011, 07:35 PM
glad to hear flo is coming back! keep willie push him to RG and draft a young man!

86WARD
04-22-2011, 07:39 PM
Bye Willie.

Texasteel
04-22-2011, 07:46 PM
Awesome news!

The big man needs that ring

Believe me Duke, if he gets a ring with the Steelers every cowboy fan I come across is going to hear about it.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-22-2011, 07:49 PM
So he's coming back. Does that mean that the Steelers will continue to pay him at what his salary is? We dont know until after the lockout if it really means he will be playing RT when football resumes, but a nice option to have an experienced guy at RT while Chris Scott or another draft pick prepare to take over in the future....or at training camp.

tihmtahm
04-22-2011, 09:02 PM
Glad to hear Flo's coming back... I hope Taylor will too.

steelerdude15
04-22-2011, 09:06 PM
This is good news! With that being said, does anyone else have a gut feeling the Steelers could be back in the SB next year? With Flo coming back and the players training, I have a feeling....

Galax Steeler
04-23-2011, 04:26 AM
Great news to have Flo coming back we need to get him a ring this year.

steeldevil
04-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Good news. He played a hell of a lot better than I thought he would last year. Hope he can keep it up into this season as well.