PDA

View Full Version : Signing Ike Taylor

steelerfan
04-20-2011, 03:31 PM
This has probably been brought up here before, so I'm sorry if I am repeating it. But we all know our guy Ike is a free agent. I'm sure the steelers will try to re-ink him when they can. But, if Ike and his agent want ridiculous loot. Say a signing bonus of around 8-10 million, would it be better for us to just try to Ink free agent Nnamdi Asomugha to a deal ? I mean how much more could he demand ? Lets say he wants 13 million as a signing bonus, and Ike wants 10, and say on average Asomugah wants base salaries averaging in the first 3 years of say 8 to 9 million a year, and Ike wants 6 million a year, isn't it really better for us to spend that money on Nnamdi over Ike ? I mean wouldn't he be a much better CB option for us ?

Or is my scenario not doable ?

steelerdude15
04-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Nnamdi Asomugha would demand a higher paycheck then Ike would. Plus the Steelers couldn't afford Nnamdi. He'll never be a Steeler.

X-Terminator
04-20-2011, 05:29 PM
If they can't afford Taylor, they can't afford Asomugha.

The end.

Count Steeler
04-20-2011, 06:17 PM

The end.

^^ This.

Psycho Ward 86
04-20-2011, 06:32 PM

The end.

I'm assuming his logic is that Nnamdhi is JUST THAT much better than Ike so it would be worth it. Do i follow correctly steelerfan?

steelreserve
04-20-2011, 07:12 PM
I think the question is, if we could afford one or the other, and Ike asks for too much, what should we do.

I honestly don't think Nnamdi is going to get anywhere near the $15M from his Al Davis Fantasy Contract. Depending on the labor situation, he could go for $8-9M or even less. Maybe we'll also get a do-over on the Woodley franchise situation. In that case, I'd say pull out the stop to sign him.

steelerfan
04-20-2011, 09:01 PM
I'm assuming his logic is that Nnamdhi is JUST THAT much better than Ike so it would be worth it. Do i follow correctly steelerfan?

Yes sir. My point was only that if we are forced by necessity to re-sign Taylor at well, a ridiculous price tag, then would they consider trying to sign Nnamdi ? I know he will cost more fans. But how much is the question I was asking. And remember, maybe, just maybe a " Class " kid like Nnamdi would want to sign here for a chance to final play on the big stage. I have read rants that the Jets may go after him..( Hell how many CB's do they need )....
but the Jets act I can assure you will not Impress Nnamdi. I mean if, and I say IF i am wrong, and Nnamdi IS a Money-whore,,,then I guess we can all expect him in a Skins uniform next season...right :-)

tube517
04-21-2011, 12:04 AM
:rofl2: b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but every Free agent should be a Steeler.

The end.