PDA

View Full Version : Packers, Steelers well positioned for Super Bowl rematch

SteelerEmpire
04-20-2011, 12:13 PM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/m_mccarthy_m_tomlin_110206_wide.jpg

The Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers were already seemingly well positioned for a Super Bowl rematch. The apparent ease of their respective 2011 schedules could very well end up making that a lock...

LINK: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81f58733/article/packers-steelers-well-positioned-for-super-bowl-rematch?module=HP_cp2

salamander
04-20-2011, 01:04 PM
I never buy into an "easy schedule". Anything can happen on any given Sunday.

Edman
04-20-2011, 01:08 PM
Getting back to a Super Bowl would be equally difficult for both teams.

We'll see how the Packers handle the Super Bowl Hangover, and we'll see how the Steelers handle the Super Bowl Loser hangover.

steelerfan
04-20-2011, 01:24 PM
Considering how we have followed up on our last two super Bowls the next season, I might just worry about getting over the 500 mark :-)

fansince'76
04-20-2011, 02:00 PM
Considering how we have followed up on our last two super Bowls the next season, I might just worry about getting over the 500 mark :-)

I'm not. I have a feeling the mindset will be quite a bit different since we won the previous two - just getting there isn't enough. I also doubt they're going to be getting a new pool table or that training camp will be easier after losing the SB.

HometownGal
04-20-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm not. I have a feeling the mindset will be quite a bit different since we won the previous two - just getting there isn't enough.

I agree. The Steelers want that 7th Lombardi and I can really see this team working their asses off to not only get to XLVI, but to win that coveted #7. They got to dine at XLV but didn't get the dessert to cap off that meal.

steelerfan
04-20-2011, 02:35 PM
I will always be positive abd believe. But, wasn't that the same thing the guys were saying after the 2008 season after the last time in 2005 we were horrible ? I remember Farrior, Harrison, and Hines all saying that they took it for granted after the 2005 season and SB win. But after the Arizona win, they said they will be looking to repeat,,ect,,ect. And they looked flat that season. So I hope we can be a good team this season, Oh providing there IS a season!

polamalubeast
04-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Polamalu's injury is the reason why the Steelers missed the playoffs in 2009....With Polamalu, the Steelers have made ​​the playoffs easily.The Steelers have lost 5 games by 3 points or less in 2009 and they have also lost 5 times when they were leading at the 4th quarter.

In 2006, the Steelers were not a good team .... The 2 losses against the Ravens(27-0 and 31-7) have been embarrassing.

fansince'76
04-20-2011, 02:52 PM
I will always be positive abd believe. But, wasn't that the same thing the guys were saying after the 2008 season after the last time in 2005 we were horrible ? I remember Farrior, Harrison, and Hines all saying that they took it for granted after the 2005 season and SB win. But after the Arizona win, they said they will be looking to repeat,,ect,,ect. And they looked flat that season.

Key word: win. They didn't win SB XLV. There won't be a new pool table in the clubhouse and I think it's safe to say that training camp won't be "Camp Cupcake" this time around. I expect the SB loss to galvanize the team the same way Ben's suspension and the ridiculous fines levied against Harrison did after a bunch of people wrote the team off saying they'd be lucky to finish .500 this past season. This team responds far better to adversity than it does to success.

steelerfan
04-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Polamalu's injury is the reason why the Steelers missed the playoffs in 2009....With Polamalu, the Steelers have made ​​the playoffs easily.The Steelers have lost 5 games by 3 points or less in 2009 and they have also lost 5 times when they were leading at the 4th quarter.

In 2006, the Steelers were not a good team .... The 2 losses against the Ravens(27-0 and 31-7) have been embarrassing.

Sorry but I never did completely buy into that pathetic excuse. YES Troy is Important, but he is not the end all-be all of our teams defense. And had nothing to do with how crummy our offense was against the likes of KC-Oakland and the Browns, three teams we lost to, and three teams that were horrible that season. I don't think it was Troy's Injury or anyone elses. I just think at that time, the team thought those were gonna be for sure wins, and just took them too lightly.

polamalubeast
04-20-2011, 03:20 PM
Sorry but I never did completely buy into that pathetic excuse. YES Troy is Important, but he is not the end all-be all of our teams defense. And had nothing to do with how crummy our offense was against the likes of KC-Oakland and the Browns, three teams we lost to, and three teams that were horrible that season. I don't think it was Troy's Injury or anyone elses. I just think at that time, the team thought those were gonna be for sure wins, and just took them too lightly.

The Steelers had a record of 4-0 when Polamalu played.The Steelers have never lost against the Bengals in Week 3 and against the raiders if Polamalu would play.

The defeat against the Browns ... They played Thursday and the reason they lost was because of the heartbreaking loss against the Raiders, four days before the game against the Browns....But whatever the reasons for the disappointing season in 2009 ..... it was not because he had to win the super bowl in 2008 .... the steelers had started the season 6-2 before losing several close game.

steelerdude15
04-20-2011, 03:56 PM
I never buy into an "easy schedule". Anything can happen on any given Sunday.
:amen:

Butch
04-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Easy is usually our achillies heel, but all that aside to bad we don't have a season to look forward to. As long as Go To Hell gets the axe I would welcome the sacrifice of a few games.

SteelerEmpire
04-20-2011, 05:30 PM
Easy is usually our achillies heel, but all that aside to bad we don't have a season to look forward to. As long as Go To Hell gets the axe I would welcome the sacrifice of a few games.

gotta remember that one...lol...

Count Steeler
04-20-2011, 06:16 PM
We can all wish that the Steelers get there next year, and as fan we genuinely believe we have a great chance. However, there is a reason they play the season. Injuries, mind sets, and mental toughness are aspects that are not scored on paper and are the key ingredients to a winning team. I would love to believe that the Steelers are a lock for XLVI, but we just can't know for sure until all the games are played.

tube517
04-21-2011, 12:16 AM
We all know it will be the *Pats vs Cryboys in SB XLVI - The First Flag Football Super Bowl :jerkit: :sarcasm:

Dino 6 Rings
04-21-2011, 12:20 PM
screw this crap...its all about Winning Game ONE! EF YOU RAVENS!!!!