PDA

View Full Version : Ravens Ask NFL Not To Play In Pittsburgh At Night

polamalubeast
04-19-2011, 09:05 PM
It's a bitter rivalry between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Baltimore Ravens, but some fans say the Ravens have sunk to an all-time low.

Apparently they're so sick of losing to the Steelers in primetime in Pittsburgh, they told the National Football League they don't want the match-up anymore.

"They're losers anyhow. That's all I can say," said Steelers fan Donna Chanze of Weirton.

"I think it's ridiculous. It's just, that's just being petty," said Sue Stanko of Steubenville.

According to the Baltimore Sun, the Ravens notified the league they do not want to play nationally televised night games at Heinz Field.

For two seasons in a row, the Ravens have traveled to Heinz Field to play night games against the Steelers and left losers.

Fans told NEWS9 it's one thing to trash talk, but whining to the league is cowardly.

"It says they have no confidence in themselves. They're afraid you know," said Chanze.

In his "Ravens Insider" blog, Sun columnist Mike Preston calls the Ravens' appeal to the league a "good idea."

He said the Steelers organization "knows how to work the crowd" up for these games, and it creates a "major advantage" for the Steelers.

"Well that's too bad. The Ravens need to bring somebody to work up the crowd, bring some people for the Ravens," said Stanko.

No word on whether the NFL will take the Ravens request into consideration.

http://www.wtov9.com/news/18997830/detail.html

X-Terminator
04-19-2011, 09:13 PM
Pretty sure this story is from last year, as the Steelers played a Mon. night game in Baltimore last season. Funny, they won that game as well. Maybe they should ask the league not to play the Steelers at night, period...

steelerdude15
04-19-2011, 09:47 PM
It's only fair that the Ravens come to Pittsburgh to play night games.... hey look at all the guest, must be Raven fans. :chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
04-19-2011, 10:24 PM
Why don't they just ask to move out of the division while they're at it?

siss
04-19-2011, 11:03 PM
They are just afraid of the Ravenkiller!

pepsyman1
04-20-2011, 12:25 AM
Pretty sure this story is from last year, as the Steelers played a Mon. night game in Baltimore last season. Funny, they won that game as well. Maybe they should ask the league not to play the Steelers at night, period...

Maybe they should ask not to play the Steelers at all....lol

HometownGal
04-20-2011, 07:03 AM
http://tjsullivan.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/crying-baby.jpeg

SteelerEmpire
04-20-2011, 08:44 AM

Lol. Looks like their "only" hope is to move to the "NFC"....

Rodwoodsonwasprettycool
04-20-2011, 09:58 AM

badass, then we can put the Texans in Oiler uniforms, and pretend it was pre-1995, and go AFC-Central again.

fansince'76
04-20-2011, 10:24 AM
Pretty sure this story is from last year, as the Steelers played a Mon. night game in Baltimore last season.

Actually, it was from 2 years ago.

For two seasons in a row, the Ravens have traveled to Heinz Field to play night games against the Steelers and left losers.We didn't play a prime time game against the Ravens in Pittsburgh in either 2009 or 2010. I realize there isn't much NFL news right now, but do these news outlets really need to recycle stories from 2 years ago?

Edman
04-20-2011, 12:43 PM
The Steelers have played two Night games in Baltimore for two seasons now. They almost won with Dixon in 2009 and they won last year despite the Ravens home field advantage. Playing home primetime games against the Steelers hasn't exactly worked in Baltimore's favor.

Maybe they should ask to stop playing the Steelers in Primetime period.

steeldevil
04-20-2011, 02:08 PM
What losers...

solardave
04-20-2011, 03:33 PM

OR maybe they should ask the league if they could just NOT PLAY THE STEELERS!EVER AGAIN!!!:toofunny::heh:

NJarhead
04-20-2011, 03:54 PM

Actually, it was from 2 years ago.

We didn't play a prime time game against the Ravens in Pittsburgh in either 2009 or 2010. I realize there isn't much NFL news right now, but do these news outlets really need to recycle stories from 2 years ago?

Dated March 23, 2009. I went and made a fool out of myself before I noticed.

steelreserve
04-20-2011, 07:15 PM
You know, 10 or 15 years ago, teams would try stunts like this as some sort of gamesmanship, but the way they're doing it just makes them look pathetic.

7willBheaven
04-20-2011, 09:59 PM

Yes it is...not sure where my post went...but I posted right after this was put on here that the article clearly says:

"Posted: 9:52 pm EDT March 23, 2009"

Its over 2 years old...nothing new to see here...hahaha

Dino 6 Rings
04-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Well...I'm starting to get over "the loss"...the Schedule being out has helped, because now I can FINALLY Focus all my hate and rage at the Next Team we play in a Real Game...and What Better way to come back, and throw all my anger and Rage onto...THE STINKING DIRTY FILTHY MAGGOT RIDDEN RAVENS!!!

EF YOU RAY LEWIS! You are Old and Slow and will NEVER EVER WIN another Super Bowl as long as you wear that Stupid Purple Telletubby Uniform you piece of Crap!

You STILL Have never Beaten the Steelers in the Playoffs...EVER and I say, til proven wrong, you NEVER WILL!

So go Make out with your ALL BOY DANCE CHEER SQUAD and get ready for another season full of PAIN and DISAPPOINTMENT!

FCK YOU RAVENS!!!!

oh yeah...this feels So Much Better!

BPS3akaWirels3
04-21-2011, 04:49 PM
I interviewed a guy today here in Central PA that admitted to being a Raven's fan during the interview and I told him that will not affect my decision in the hiring process but did look him in the eyes while shaking his hand and say "Go Steelers".. It felt soooo good... :)

NJarhead
04-21-2011, 06:52 PM
I interviewed a guy today here in Central PA that admitted to being a Raven's fan during the interview and I told him that will not affect my decision in the hiring process but did look him in the eyes while shaking his hand and say "Go Steelers".. It felt soooo good... :)

haha, love it.

Should have ended it with, "Nice to meet you....now get the fuck out of my office. We'll call you." lol.

Burghfan58
04-22-2011, 05:35 PM
I don't know why they would be concerned. According to Harbaugh he thinks they should of won all three games last season. It was just a fluke that the Steelers beat them twice.

steel striker
04-24-2011, 08:48 PM
Ravens already make excuses and, the season has not even started. I always thought that homefield always favorited the hometeam. It is real funny that the Ravens brain trust is really worried about playing us in a primetime spot. It must be embrassing to be a raven player. lol What cowards!!