PDA

View Full Version : Well Played: Steelers’ Ryan Clark Uses ESPN Gig To Take Shots At Roger Goodell On TV

polamalubeast
04-19-2011, 02:10 PM
“Paul Tagliabue was a guy [who's] gonna get people in the room [who] can make decisions, whereas throughout these negotiations…[Goodell] has to leave for hours to make conference calls and call people who can make decisions.”

Clark even noted that he thought Tagliabue was viewed as a “real man.” Ouch. And then he once again accused Goodell of putting his, and the league’s, image above all else:

“Instead of saying, ‘You know what, guys, we’re gonna hold the schedule off until we can figure out this situation – until we can make sure that the fans have football this year,’ no: ‘We’re gonna put the schedule out and find another way to put my face on TV.’”

read more

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/ryan-clark-roger-goodell-nfl-schedule/

fansince'76
04-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Clark even noted that he thought Tagliabue was viewed as a “real man."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Psycho Ward 86
04-19-2011, 02:49 PM
Clark even noted that he thought Tagliabue was viewed as a “real man.”

Hell yeah! Pull the man card Ryan!

The Duke
04-19-2011, 04:30 PM
“Instead of saying, ‘You know what, guys, we’re gonna hold the schedule off until we can figure out this situation – until we can make sure that the fans have football this year,’ no: ‘We’re gonna put the schedule out and find another way to put my face on TV.’”

completely agree

I love clark!

steelerfan
04-19-2011, 05:00 PM
I saw the show, and as much as a Brown noser Goodell is. One has to take into consideration that the times are different now, as they were when Tagliabue was in charge. Tags was like the rule regarding gays in the Military..." Don't ask, don't tell. "
He looked the other way with drugs, steroids, off the field incidents, whatever. Goodell doesn't have that Luxury. And trust me, Ryan is too young to even remember Tagliabue. Tgas did plenty of playcating to alot of the leagues owners, most noteably that idiot up in Oakland. And I say all this HATING Goodell. But it's for other reasons. Not the ones Ryan claims.

43Hitman
04-19-2011, 05:26 PM
And trust me, Ryan is too young to even remember Tagliabue.

What?

steelerfan
04-19-2011, 05:34 PM
What?

I'm talking about what Tags did in the league before Ryan was in football. His last few years Tags did nothing. The league had a long CBA deal. And Tags never did anything as it goes to off the field issues, or drugs. So of course Ryan is gonna say Tags did more then Goodell. But the last stoppage in the league, was Ryan even born yet :-) Okay, he was. But he was a kid.

Godfather
04-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Big mistake. Clark will get fined and the Pats* will get two more draft picks.

Butch
04-19-2011, 08:19 PM
Screw Go To Hell Godell!!! He's a freakin' IDIOT!!! He screwing up the game and definitely slanting the field to favor some teams more than others.

Don't forget this is the same IDIOT who broke up the Rooney family ownership for some bullshit about links to football and gambling.

The same guy who fines Steeler players like no other for no good reason other than he can.

And don't give me that crap about Oakland the raiders brought it on themselves by moving the team despite the leagues insistance that they stay in Oakland. Doesn't make it right but they did bring it on the Steelers did no such thing and all that Go To Hell has done is for no other reason than he is the commish and he can so he does.

Go To Hell Godell!!! And take your whimp ass henchmen with ya'!!!

pepsyman1
04-20-2011, 12:44 AM
I'll agree with Clark on one thing....Goodell does seem to have a knack for putting his face out to the public whenever possible...and Clark is right, releasing the schedule to the general public at this point serves no purpose other than PR for his office.

HometownGal
04-20-2011, 06:54 AM
LMAO!!!! :lol: :applaudit: Way to speak it brother!

kmsteelerwr15
04-20-2011, 07:54 AM
I love Ryan Clark!!

Iron Steeler
04-20-2011, 06:18 PM
Did any where catch what Skip had to say? He usually has a ridiculous rebuttal for every argument

tube517
04-21-2011, 12:13 AM
Big mistake. James Harrison will get fined and the Pats* will get two more draft picks.

Fixed it for ya! :thumbsup:

86WARD
04-21-2011, 06:52 AM
LOVE IT