PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Reed Says Hello

Iron Steeler
04-18-2011, 07:26 PM
On my lunch break today I decided to go drive down to the local mall to eat the food court . So I was in a line for some random asian restaurant got my order went to sit down and enjoy my meal. Then I realized that I forgot my drink so I ran back to the counter to get it.
As I am sitting there trying to get the cashiers attention a feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn to my left to see a guy with a friendly smile and that "hey remember me kind of look". It was former Steelers Kicker Jeff Reed! He goes " I knew you looked familiar"

About a year back when I used to Bounce at a local bar here in Charlotte I had almost denied Jeff Reed entrance because of dress code violation. Which was funny because it took me about 1 minute to recognize him then I was like "your Jeff Reed, you play for the steeler, I love the steelers!!, you welcome to come in!" He thought it was awesome and funny that a I was a Steelers fan. He actually came out frequently that night and talk to me about football for about an hour. Gave me and autograph and took off at last call.

Today in the food court, he goes "Hey man, long time no see!" I look at him an laugh shake his hand tell him it was tough seeing him go as a steeler. Wearing my shirt and tie he complimented me saying that my work attire was a lot more impressive.

Thought it was cool that the guy remembered me and was willing to come over to say hello. Ya dudes a crazy party animal sometimes but he stand up guy when it comes to his fans.

steelerfan
04-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Glad for you,,and Reed. Cause I hear around the food court there are MANY MANY Bathrooms :doh: :sarcasm: :rofl:

Chidi29
04-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Ha, that's a pretty cool story.

Just steer clear if Matt Spaeth is ever with him.

kmsteelerwr15
04-18-2011, 07:35 PM
That's an awesome story! What mall was this at?

steelerfan
04-18-2011, 07:36 PM
Ha, that's a pretty cool story.

Just steer clear if Matt Spaeth is ever with him.

Hey Chidi....Wow! I was once in a bathroom with Matt Spaeth. He was in the next stall. He said he was out of toilet paper, and asked me for a roll. I tossed 4 rolls at him one at a time,,,and he dropped ALL 4 rolls! :-)

HometownGal
04-18-2011, 07:38 PM
How awesome! :thumbsup: I always have and always will love my Skippy. :love2: He's my kinda guy - a bad boy who throws caution to the wind! :rockon:

Iron Steeler
04-18-2011, 07:38 PM
That's an awesome story! What mall was this at? Carolina Place Mall in the pineville mathews area

Devilsdancefloor
04-18-2011, 08:20 PM
that is awesome!

stillers4me
04-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Very cool! Once a Steeler, always a Steeler.

Except for Plax. :lol:

Iron Steeler
04-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Haha poor PLaxy... He was a little selfish for the Steelers mold

st33lersguy
04-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Neat, even if he isn't a steeler anymore

SteelerEmpire
04-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Kool.... Reed was a big part of the Steeler nucleus... and always will be...

steelerfan
04-18-2011, 09:22 PM

And " TROY EDWARDS " :-)

kmsteelerwr15
04-18-2011, 09:24 PM
Carolina Place Mall in the pineville mathews area

Ok, well next time I'm there I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for him. I did see him one time in Mooresville leaving the Wal-Mart shopping center.

SteelerEmpire
04-18-2011, 09:27 PM

But it's always nice to know that a "FORMER STEELER" caught the winning TD pass that made the "holy" 2007 Patriots "18-1" !!! ... LOL...

PRICELESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay3:

Butch
04-19-2011, 05:27 AM
Very Very Cool!!!

I always liked Reed and was sorry to see him go out the way he did.

Same with Plex he's not a horrible guy and as mentioned by Empire he did catch the game winner to knock out the cheats in their biggest game in hinstory.

No if there is a guy who is not always a Steeler it would be a certain QB whose name can not ever be mentioned, and to think he will go down in history as the most accurate QB in history...Don't tell me he didn't throw that game!!!

Moose
04-19-2011, 08:07 AM
LOL. Nice story, next time you see him tell him I said " HEY ".

SteelerEmpire
04-19-2011, 09:41 AM
Very Very Cool!!!

I always liked Reed and was sorry to see him go out the way he did.

Same with Plex he's not a horrible guy and as mentioned by Empire he did catch the game winner to knock out the cheats in their biggest game in hinstory.

No if there is a guy who is not always a Steeler it would be a certain QB whose name can not ever be mentioned, and to think he will go down in history as the most accurate QB in history...Don't tell me he didn't throw that game!!!

I'm with you 1000% on that one...!