PDA

View Full Version : With all this talk of O-Linemen

steelerfan
04-18-2011, 10:57 AM
...And how I have discussed Rodney Hudson, and Chidi with Benjamin Ijalana, and so on. I was just wondering. To me, I think the best pure OT in this draft is Wisconsin Gabe Carimi.
I like him better then USC Smith. And BC Castonzo. To me, Carimi led a Wisonsin Line, along with Moffitt to leting up just 13 sacks in over 300 pass attempts ( One of the best percentages in Dic-1 )..and paved the way for their ground game to have almost 3, 1,000 Yd rushers in a league known for it's Run defense. He is a legit 6ft, 7, with super long arms and very good strength when you consider those long arms.

Now, you never know what a team is thinking. I have seen Mocks having Carimi going 23rd to Philly. And as late as 28. But lets say he is there at 23 for Philly. Now, according to the trade value chart, the 23rd pick is worth 160 more points then the 31st pick. So, would you guys agree to trade our 31st pick, and our 3rd and 4th round picks at 95 & 128, worth a total point value of 164 Pts to get that 23rd pick,,and Carimi ? That way we have a LEGIT OT, and our 2nd rounder to hopefully get a solid NT ( Ellis ) or maybe a CB ( Dowling )...if he is still there.

What say you ?

pepsyman1
04-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Hell no....and as much as I hate them, I'd rather be like the Patriots and have more picks through the draft, not less. Giving up two pics just to move up a few spots doesn't make sense to me. I think we need to take the best cover corner we can find with our first pick.

LLT
04-18-2011, 12:54 PM
I can see some scenerios in which we would trade up...but I agree with pepsyman in that this may be the year to trade down. Our draft placement, the talent of the 2nd round, and the QB needs of those teams at the beginning of the 2nd round keep pointing me in that direction.

That being said...I LOVE Carimi.

steelerfan
04-18-2011, 01:14 PM
I agree with trading down guys. In fact I was the one who suggested it as it goes to the 49ers dealing up from 45 for our 31st pick. However, seeing as we are in need of a good young Tackle. And that we are a ready nade playoff team, I thought maybe it would be a possibility to get a great Tackle like Carimi. But truth be told, I would rather deal down to 45, and get the niners 4th, 5th and 6th round picks. And than say select a OL like Hudson or Cannor or a DB like Dowling at 45. And then maybe a NT like Ellis at 63, and then use the rest to fill areas of depth.

LLT
04-18-2011, 01:17 PM
I agree with trading down guys. In fact I was the one who suggested it as it goes to the 49ers dealing up from 45 for our 31st pick. However, seeing as we are in need of a good young Tackle. And that we are a ready nade playoff team, I thought maybe it would be a possibility to get a great Tackle like Carimi. But truth be told, I would rather deal down to 45, and get the niners 4th, 5th and 6th round picks. And than say select a OL like Hudson or Cannor or a DB like Dowling at 45. And then maybe a NT like Ellis at 63, and then use the rest to fill areas of depth.

I think with the latest word on Phil Taylor... the draft stock of Ellis might get a pretty good boost. The idea of trading down isnt anything new....it has been discussed for a long time on the board. I think the Bills, Broncos, Cardinals, and Redskins are all possibilities also.

steelerfan
04-18-2011, 01:22 PM
I think with the latest word on Phil Taylor... the draft stock of Ellis might get a pretty good boost. The idea of trading down isnt anything new....it has been discussed for a long time on the board.

I know LLT, but I meant as it goes to actually suggesting a particular team, and actual trade. I feel the Niners want a QB, and won't get it at 45. And with 12 total picks, I doubt they bring in 12 players. Which is why I thought my scenario was doable, and fair to both teams.

LLT
04-18-2011, 01:35 PM
I know LLT, but I meant as it goes to actually suggesting a particular team, and actual trade. I feel the Niners want a QB, and won't get it at 45. And with 12 total picks, I doubt they bring in 12 players. Which is why I thought my scenario was doable, and fair to both teams.

Very doable...I am hoping that the Broncos package picks #36 and #46 in exchange for our #31 and #63

steelerfan
04-18-2011, 01:49 PM
Very doable...I am hoping that the Broncos package picks #36 and #46 in exchange for our #31 and #63

I doubt it would happen LLT. The 36 and 46 picks have a trade value of 1,000 Pts. As opposed to the 31st and 63rd picks valuing at 876. We would have to add our 3rd rounder for Denver to even consider it.

LLT
04-18-2011, 02:19 PM
I doubt it would happen LLT. The 36 and 46 picks have a trade value of 1,000 Pts. As opposed to the 31st and 63rd picks valuing at 876. We would have to add our 3rd rounder for Denver to even consider it.

Sorry about that...I had meant to add the third round pick...or the option of a pick next year. (Trying to work and talk draft at the same time isnt always condusive to accuracy.)

I "hope" they would take the future pick option...but if not we still need to focus on getting into the middle of the 2nd round...that is where the real value is this year.

Chidi29
04-18-2011, 03:00 PM
I can see some scenerios in which we would trade up...but I agree with pepsyman in that this may be the year to trade down. Our draft placement, the talent of the 2nd round, and the QB needs of those teams at the beginning of the 2nd round keep pointing me in that direction.

That being said...I LOVE Carimi.

My thoughts exactly. I'm not interested in trading up to get anybdy but if Carimi drops to us, I take him in a heartbeat.

Texasteel
04-18-2011, 03:28 PM
Sorry about that...I had meant to add the third round pick...or the option of a pick next year. (Trying to work and talk draft at the same time isnt always condusive to accuracy.)

I "hope" they would take the future pick option...but if not we still need to focus on getting into the middle of the 2nd round...that is where the real value is this year.

Do you realize what this team could do with 36 and 46. I might do that trade, but not if Carimi is there for us.

7willBheaven
04-18-2011, 08:01 PM
I love Carimi too...but to give up that much to get him...hmm I dunno. I'd love to have a stud tackle for once...but I like others think there is more to be had in the later rounds and moving down would be great. Now would I hate it if they actually did something like this and got a stud? No...but I personally wouldnt do it unless they didnt have to give up that much.